Send Topic Print
Gas Tank (Read 350 times)
Boofer
Serious Thumper

Nearly too old.

N Ms
Re: Gas Tank
Reply #15 - 10/14/12 at 22:49:25

It all depends on how you do it, but you should figure on a tank change as it relates to hitting the handle bars. Moto Guzzi has a tank around SEVEN gallons and BMW has one a tenth of a gallon more or less. I can just see filling up for $25.  Grin

2001 Black, Spitfire windshield, Headlight upgrade, Sissy rack, Tool bag, Fork bag, Harley muffler, Memory foam seat, Crash bars. Hwy pegs, Raptor.
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #16 - 10/15/12 at 05:07:16

I dont want a bike that hauls over 50 POUNDS of gas,, Man,, thats enough to change the way things feel, wouldnya think?

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Jack_650

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Minnesota
Reply #17 - 10/16/12 at 08:23:21

All I know is that with the tanks both full, loaded with camping gear, and then with my 180 pounds of "muscle" thrown in my Sav rides like sitting on an armchair. It's stable, steers true and doesn't seem to react to anything less than heavy duty side wind gusts from a big storm. The big trucks on the highway, passing or meeting, don't give me any problems. Part of it I'm sure is the full windshield and the heavier duty shocks on the back. The only changes I noticed are that I went a lot farther before I had to stop for gas AND that a better seat makes a difference when you choose to go those extra non-stop miles.

All that extra weight on long trips might have been the reason I needed new fork seals at 27k miles though. But when you bounce a bike this size down the road on 4k miles trips to Florida from Minnesota and back a couple times I suppose new seals aren't all that unexpected.

Jack

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #18 - 10/16/12 at 11:15:24

Keep the tubes clean. Dried bug guts arent good

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 22:20:53

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Gas Tank

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.