Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
speedometer cable bracket question (Read 68 times)
misterbbq

Acworth, GA
speedometer cable bracket question
10/12/12 at 17:23:03

through absolutely no fault of my own  Wink the little bracket under the speedo that cable threads into is broken.  thusly:

does anyone know how i can get just that part?  or do i have to buy a entire speedometer to be able to once again tell my approximate speed?

**edited to make the pic not so humongous.

IP Logged
stewmills
Serious Thumper

Imagination is more
important than
knowledge

Auburn, AL
Re: speedometer cable bracket question
Reply #1 - 10/12/12 at 17:54:18

http://www.bikebandit.com/2008-suzuki-boulevard-s40-ls650/o/m147543#sch552713

Looking at the diagram it looks like that part, although bolting on separately, doesn't have it's own part number.  Hopefully some of the old timers here can offer more advice, and maybe have one of 'those there things' off of an old bike.

Good luck!

2008 | 152/52.5–Air Mix 3/4 | Rotella T4 | Seat Lift w/Sheepskin | Speedo Rattle | Rear Pulley Shim | 140/90-15 Rear | Kaw Front Pulley | Relocated Rear Signals

FREEDOM ISN'T FREE!
  IP Logged
misterbbq

Acworth, GA
Reply #2 - 10/12/12 at 17:57:54

thanks.....

ya know...i was all over that site and completely missed that assembly.  my search skills kinda suck.

it appears it might be the 'gear box'.  though mine bolts on in 2 places.  $112.42 indeed.   Shocked

if i can't buy one off someone here, i'll just snag an old speedo off ebay i guess.  

feel stupid. not only did i break this here thing, i dented my tank.  not a good day for dumb butt.

IP Logged
stewmills
Serious Thumper

Imagination is more
important than
knowledge

Auburn, AL
Reply #3 - 10/12/12 at 18:05:31

sorry to hear that.  i am overly cautious about my bike (it's my first) and although I haven't had a big boo-boo, get mad when I do something I know I should have known better (e.g. scratch my windshield laying it on the concrete garage floor).

Maybe post a wanted on the marketplace with the link to the image and your pic and explain what you need...these folks are great and I am sure someone will come to your rescue.

2008 | 152/52.5–Air Mix 3/4 | Rotella T4 | Seat Lift w/Sheepskin | Speedo Rattle | Rear Pulley Shim | 140/90-15 Rear | Kaw Front Pulley | Relocated Rear Signals

FREEDOM ISN'T FREE!
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #4 - 10/12/12 at 18:16:56

Mr B,... this is a job for JBWeld,.. if ever I saw one...

I think JB would hold that puppy jus' fine... Wink...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
stewmills
Serious Thumper

Imagination is more
important than
knowledge

Auburn, AL
Reply #5 - 10/12/12 at 18:22:58

Serowbot has the answer!  

I have used jb weld for lots of stuff and it is great...just let it cure like the directions say and it's solid as a rock. I have used it on my bike on the rear light casing to rebuild the receiving end of a screw hole thingy...it is great on plastics as well as metals.  Just clean off any slippery stuff with maybe some rubbing alcohol (to remove oils, etc.) and give it a shot...what do you have to lose since it is already broken?

FREEDOM ISN'T FREE!
  IP Logged
misterbbq

Acworth, GA
Reply #6 - 10/12/12 at 18:30:17

hmmm.  i have some jb weld (who doesn't)!  i'll give it a shot.  super glue didn't hold even though it's plastic.  i have to remove the tank to put one of those rubber bumpers back on as the previous owner lost one.

well...it's worth a shot.  let's hope i don't get a matching dent on the other side of my tank  Roll Eyes

IP Logged
misterbbq

Acworth, GA
Reply #7 - 10/12/12 at 19:38:02

well, the jbweld is setting.  turns out that i also have a broken speedo cable.  down near where it threads into the engine.  i'm guessing i put it back in incorrectly.

ah well, at least my tank is nice and tight now.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #8 - 10/13/12 at 00:21:01

Prep time is always part of the repair. Clean is the answer. MIte need a spray can of Berrymans B-12.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 12:27:20

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › speedometer cable bracket question

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.