Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Re: new oil war
Reply #15 - 10/12/12 at 21:50:54

There's a local garage chain here that I use for stuff I don't have the equipment or expertise for.  I know they also offer oil service with regular dino juice, synthetic blend and full synthetic (all Valvoline).  A couple of years ago they started offering ”green” (recycled) oil too.  It's my understanding that it is as posited above, highly filtered and refined and then has the additives replenished.

Valvoline NextGen

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
arteacher
Serious Thumper

Ride as if your
naked and invisable!

London ontario
Reply #16 - 10/13/12 at 07:21:52

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 10/12/12 at 20:03:30:
Used oil,, many uses for that stuff,,Ive toyed with the OIl Fired heater idea for the shop, but that takes SO much oil,, I do use it when Im trying to get a fire going out back, a quart O diesel to get things going & a few splashes of oil & soon theres a Big Blaze,

During the war my dad was an aircraft electrician with a Lancaster squadron in England. England being England, they were always cold and damp in the Quonset huts. My dad made a tank that fit around the stove pipe on the coal burning stove in the hut and used a spigot to drip used aircraft motor oil onto some oven bricks in the stove.
He could get the stove red hot.

white '07, Raask exh, Corbin seat, slipstreamer shie, Raptor, Routy's fwd controls, Baron tach, Frisco bars, Isogrips, Headlight and taillight modulators, Dial-a- jet, AME 9 deg chop kit, K&N air flt
  IP Logged
ToesNose
Serious Thumper

Pardon me, do you
have Hot Sauce?

Mooresville, NC
Reply #17 - 10/14/12 at 04:02:51

ArtTeacher was that during WW2 or during the OilWars?     Grin

The Suzuki LS650, bringing Miles of Smiles everywhere!
  IP Logged
Paraquat
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #18 - 10/14/12 at 08:14:33

Oldfeller--FSO wrote on 10/12/12 at 19:46:32:
All real oil wars had something serious in contention and took place in RSD -- this seems to be a gentle "rememberance of past oil wars" ....

not the real thing.    Sorta like Veterans Day.

Made me chuckle.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mh0G0HdujFs
Drip furnace.

--Steve

IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #19 - 10/14/12 at 10:30:27

I use recycled oil in my farm truck... 1969 Dodge D100 with a 318. Works great, change the oil in the bikes, Subaru or Ranger, use it to top off the Dodge. Which drips it on the weeds in the farm roads. And kills them. Win Win, save money on oil for the full sized truck, don't have to buy round-up!

Grin

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
Boofer
Serious Thumper

Nearly too old.

N Ms
Reply #20 - 10/14/12 at 23:01:05

J C Stokes wrote on 10/12/12 at 01:44:12:
Re Refined oil was also quite popular in New Zealand Boofer, some large bus fleets used it exclusively as did many private motorists. I'm not sure about motor cyclists, but it would have probably served the 1950's and early 'sixties British bikes ok. It was avadable in a sereis of mono grades and BP made a multigrade in the éighties. All our used recovered oil is now burnt in an oil fired power station.

I should have been clear. My friends and I didn't use it in our motorcycles. We went big and used straight 30w Valvoline in our motorcycles.  Smiley

2001 Black, Spitfire windshield, Headlight upgrade, Sissy rack, Tool bag, Fork bag, Harley muffler, Memory foam seat, Crash bars. Hwy pegs, Raptor.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/29/24 at 14:23:01

General CategoryThe Cafe › new oil war

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.