Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
Taller gear possibilities (Read 557 times)
ralfyguy
Serious Thumper

Re: Taller gear possibilities
Reply #45 - 10/19/12 at 04:39:13

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 10/18/12 at 20:58:31:
When I took the job, there was just two barebones steel frames, one for left hand steering models, the other for right hand steering. The boss showed me the finished hand welded product and said that this machine is supposed to do that fully automatic without supervision in three months. Both sides! I had to do the entire design, machining of every single part, ordering the materials and valves and controls for the pneumatics, go and pick them up at the manufacturers, get the machines finished and running, program the computers, take the machines apart, put them on a truck, deliver to the Mercedes plant, put them back together and spend a week monitoring the function in the production line.

Dang! Tough assignment, short deadline.

Yep,, ya done good, & walking away to have a family? Good call,,I never heard of one single event where someone was moaning on their death bed

"Ohhh, I wish I had spent more time at work"..

Well long hours just simply don't go well with a fulfilled family life. I traded the good pay for love. My wife isn't the materialistic kind at all. She rather spends more time with me than having more money. I am different now.
OTHER I also felt bad to think about how many jobs my new double machine erased....

IP Logged
ralfyguy
Serious Thumper

Reply #46 - 10/19/12 at 04:41:11

LANCER wrote on 10/19/12 at 03:43:23:
It's good to know there is another LS650 dude in Oklahoma.
I will be moving to Henryetta in the spring.   Smiley

Are you serious? For real? That would be so cool man! We have GOT to meet! That isn't even an hour away from McAlester!

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #47 - 10/19/12 at 08:42:01

ralfyguy wrote on 10/19/12 at 04:39:13:
When I took the job, there was just two barebones steel frames, one for left hand steering models, the other for right hand steering. The boss showed me the finished hand welded product and said that this machine is supposed to do that fully automatic without supervision in three months. Both sides! I had to do the entire design, machining of every single part, ordering the materials and valves and controls for the pneumatics, go and pick them up at the manufacturers, get the machines finished and running, program the computers, take the machines apart, put them on a truck, deliver to the Mercedes plant, put them back together and spend a week monitoring the function in the production line.

Yep,, ya done good, & walking away to have a family? Good call,,I never heard of one single event where someone was moaning on their death bed

Well long hours just simply don't go well with a fulfilled family life. I traded the good pay for love. My wife isn't the materialistic kind at all. She rather spends more time with me than having more money. I am different now.
OTHER I also felt bad to think about how many jobs my new double machine erased....

My wife isn't the materialistic kind at all. She rather spends more time with me than having more money.
Well,, I Had to work long hours, even when the kid was a baby, 70+ a week or we were just Broke, & we didnt live "The High Life" justa trailer house in West Tx, sittin on a rented lot, but, I was happy to do it.If you can be okay, live a decent life, ( by Okay & live a decent life I mean, not do without basics, have a home, eat well& have enough $$ to go play & Enjoy your family) Then youve done it right, IMO. Living to work & having a partner in order to survive is hardly the "Magic Formula" for a long & happy life. Lets not kid ourselves here , either. We've all seen pics of your wife. That she is not so materialistic as to be driven to "Have MOre" is such a blessing, on top of the fact that she is such a pretty lady.
All that, to say this.. Congratulations on a life well lived & on having healthy goals.

Im sorry you feel that way, in a way, but, if you didnt,then you'd kinda be a heartless jerk & then you wouldnt be the kinda guy your wife would have wanted to marry..
IDK how people apply this one , but they do, in every case where something is done in the name of progress that causes pain & loss in the lives of others. Its world famous & used daily.

If I hadnt done it, someone else would have.

Well,, If everyone had the same principled approach, everyone would turn down the job.. right?

Well,, maybe not. It comes down to "What is the right principled approach?" IN a free market society & in a creative, wealth producing society, is there some reason to believe we must hinder production technology in order to save jobs, or can we assume that because of increased production, there will be more profit  that, in turn will later turn into more jobs in a new & different venture?

& Yea,, someone was gonna build that..
But, dont worry,, I have it on good authority that

You didnt build that..Smiley

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Trippah
Serious Thumper

I ride, therefore I
am.

central Mass
Reply #48 - 10/19/12 at 08:46:55

Lancer - moving from the Mountains to the flatlands??   Huh

IP Logged
ralfyguy
Serious Thumper

Reply #49 - 10/19/12 at 10:30:29

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 10/19/12 at 08:42:01:
ralfyguy wrote on 10/19/12 at 04:39:13:

My wife isn't the materialistic kind at all. She rather spends more time with me than having more money.
Well,, I Had to work long hours, even when the kid was a baby, 70+ a week or we were just Broke, & we didnt live "The High Life" justa trailer house in West Tx, sittin on a rented lot, but, I was happy to do it.If you can be okay, live a decent life, ( by Okay & live a decent life I mean, not do without basics, have a home, eat well& have enough $$ to go play & Enjoy your family) Then youve done it right, IMO. Living to work & having a partner in order to survive is hardly the "Magic Formula" for a long & happy life. Lets not kid ourselves here , either. We've all seen pics of your wife. That she is not so materialistic as to be driven to "Have MOre" is such a blessing, on top of the fact that she is such a pretty lady.
All that, to say this.. Congratulations on a life well lived & on having healthy goals.

Im sorry you feel that way, in a way, but, if you didnt,then you'd kinda be a heartless jerk & then you wouldnt be the kinda guy your wife would have wanted to marry..
IDK how people apply this one , but they do, in every case where something is done in the name of progress that causes pain & loss in the lives of others. Its world famous & used daily.

If I hadnt done it, someone else would have.

Well,, If everyone had the same principled approach, everyone would turn down the job.. right?

Well,, maybe not. It comes down to "What is the right principled approach?" IN a free market society & in a creative, wealth producing society, is there some reason to believe we must hinder production technology in order to save jobs, or can we assume that because of increased production, there will be more profit  that, in turn will later turn into more jobs in a new & different venture?

& Yea,, someone was gonna build that..
But, dont worry,, I have it on good authority that

You didnt build that..Smiley

Wise words well spoken. Thank you  Smiley

IP Logged
ralfyguy
Serious Thumper

Reply #50 - 10/19/12 at 10:33:37

Trippah wrote on 10/19/12 at 08:46:55:
Lancer - moving from the Mountains to the flatlands??   Huh

It's not all flat here. We got mountains here about 30 miles east and there is the Talimena Skyline Drive. A fabulous stretch of road, 60 miles of curves and up and down right on top of the mountains. Lancer is from around here I'm pretty sure he's been there before.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 12:26:40

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Taller gear possibilities

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.