Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Bypassing kick stand switch (Read 189 times)
thumperev55
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Leesburg, Florida
Bypassing kick stand switch
10/10/12 at 20:02:18

Hello, When eliminating kick stand switch do I need to jump across terminals ???  When I do the kickstand light comes on.....Also there is power on one side of the connector......Thanks

IP Logged
Charon
Serious Thumper

Harvard, NE
Re: Bypassing kick stand switch
Reply #1 - 10/10/12 at 20:09:16

Any particular reason for wanting to eliminate a safety system? Or do you just think it is a good idea to be able to drive with the sidestand down?

Eschew obfuscation.

IP Logged
rfw2003
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Yantis, TX
Reply #2 - 10/10/12 at 20:11:02

When my kickstand safety switch went bad I just traced the harness up to under the seat then cut the wires there and soldered them together and all was good.  My 96' doesn't have the kickstand light though but that shouldn't really matter as most of your safety switches are N/O meaning you need to connect the wires to bypass them.  My next safety bypass will be the clutch safety switch because I accidentally broke the connector when changing out the bars recently so the wire connector doesn't lock in properly now and sometimes comes loose.  I will address that as soon as my new Barnett cables get here from Lancer as I'll be doing the harness extensions and re-routing all at the same time.

Now if I could just find a low cost source of weather-pak connectors I'll be golden.  All the kits I've found so far on those are over $100 or more

R.F.

1996 Savage, Corbin Seat, K&N filter, Slip Streamer Enterprise II windshield, LED bullet signals, Cat's eye LED tail light Ryca reverse cone long muffler
  IP Logged
Paraquat
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #3 - 10/11/12 at 06:13:06

I bypassed mine after the plug so if I wanted to restore it I could just plug a new one in.
It does have more potential for failure, as noted above.
Kick stand light? Mine's a '99 and I don't have a kick stand light.

--Steve

IP Logged
Digger
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Ya gotta be tough to
ride singles!

Colorado Springs, CO
Reply #4 - 10/17/12 at 20:19:33

Seems about once every two years or so, I kill a motorcycle engine by putting it into gear with the kickstand down.

I'm just sayin....

Digger
2001, Metallic Glacial Blue, Raptor Petcock, Verslavy (first hole) (otherwise, mechanically, the bike is stock), 13,xxx miles
I don't own a cage.
www.astronautbiker.com
WWW   IP Logged
Charon
Serious Thumper

Harvard, NE
Reply #5 - 10/17/12 at 20:33:35

Digger wrote on 10/17/12 at 20:19:33:
Seems about once every two years or so, I kill a motorcycle engine by putting it into gear with the kickstand down.

I'm just sayin....

This, from a guy who should be pretty accustomed to using checklists and doing things the right way. We can all make mistakes.

Eschew obfuscation.

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #6 - 10/17/12 at 23:28:58

Digger wrote on 10/17/12 at 20:19:33:

I'm just sayin....

... but, just for entertainment... Grin...

I've accidentally got a little piss on my boot from a sudden gust of wind,... but,.. I don't ride all the time in wellies...
Yeah,.. I'm a wildman... a real risk taker...  Huh...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
braveteacher

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #7 - 10/18/12 at 03:27:59

I have a 2011...took the kick stand switch off...its a switch right in the kickstand housing and the wire disconnected back about a foot or so...I used RYCA controls and used their kickstand modification...I still have not rode the bike... don't have it totally back together yet...but I did crank it the other day...I am confused...not having the kickstand switch did  not do anything...does a 2011 have an override when you disconnect the switch without cutting wires and soldering together?

IP Logged
misterbbq

Acworth, GA
Reply #8 - 10/18/12 at 04:29:03

did you put it in gear?  or leave it in neutral?  if the switch is 'working' it will kill the engine when the kickstand is down and you put it in gear.

IP Logged
braveteacher

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #9 - 10/18/12 at 12:55:12

No I did not put it in gear...I will give it a go this weekend and see what happens...

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #10 - 10/18/12 at 13:29:57

thumperev55 wrote on 10/10/12 at 20:02:18:
Hello, When eliminating kick stand switch do I need to jump across terminals ???  When I do the kickstand light comes on.....Also there is power on one side of the connector......Thanks

Meaning you have an '86
not many of us have a kickstand light and the wiring is a little different.

If it's showing a light, meaning kickstand down, you probably have to do the opposite.

WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 16:13:37

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Bypassing kick stand switch

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.