Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
The Beatles the First 50 years. (Read 140 times)
Drifter

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

The Beatles the First 50 years.
10/07/12 at 05:52:37

Oct 5 marked the 50th anniversary of the beatles first album...amazing how time flies.....

The Beatles are and will always be the biggest and best band of all time and i predict they will be listened to in another 50...100 years. The amount of music they produced is amazing and even more surprising is most of it is very good other songs are classics for the ages.

There entire album collection is being re released on high quality vinyl later this year what goes around comes around...i will stick with my CDs.

Yesterday, Let it Be, Hey Jude, My quitar gently weeps and others are timeless songs, even some of the solo stuff from the fab 4 are classic like Band on the run, Imagine and lots of others....These 4 guys are simply the Best there ever has been or will be.

Think about it or better yet dig out that album or cd and give a listen. Cool

IP Logged
ZAR
Serious Thumper

Rock this town! Rock
it inside out!

Kentucky, USA
Re: The Beatles the First 50 years.
Reply #1 - 10/07/12 at 17:36:20

Who??? Seriously,I never cared for them. After they split I did listen to Harrison and McCartney some. Lennon was a total blank in my book.

Yellow 1996 Jetted and Dunstall exhaust. Dakota Chubby Bags, Memphis Slim shield,Tank Bib from?? Seat riser mod. More to come!
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #2 - 10/07/12 at 17:53:07

Ringo is a god... Smiley...
Best rock'n'roll drummer ever... Wink...

It's a toss-up between the Stones and Beatles for greatest band...
Keith is a god, too.. Smiley...

I'll have to give a nod to Aerosmith, and U2,.. as well...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #3 - 10/07/12 at 23:53:46

I figured the Stones would self destruct, someone would OD & die. I thot the Beatles would out last them,, Boy was I wrong..I cant think of a single song by the Stones I cant stomach,, I would hurt someone if they tried to make me listen to Hey Jude,,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
arteacher
Serious Thumper

Ride as if your
naked and invisable!

London ontario
Reply #4 - 10/08/12 at 09:39:57

Don't forget Led Zeppelin.
As far as the Beatles go, they had 4 great ground breaking albums: the first one, Rubber Soul, Sgt. Pepper, and the White Album.

white '07, Raask exh, Corbin seat, slipstreamer shie, Raptor, Routy's fwd controls, Baron tach, Frisco bars, Isogrips, Headlight and taillight modulators, Dial-a- jet, AME 9 deg chop kit, K&N air flt
  IP Logged
Drifter

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #5 - 10/08/12 at 09:58:56

Come on you guys, the 60s stones and 70s zep were good with some great songs.......but not in the same league as the beatles, everyone copied them or was influenced by them. McCartney wrote the Stones first hit along with several other artiest top hit songs. Even if you dont like him you cant escape the mans history in music. No one has ever written as many number one songs or top 10 hits not only for himself and the Beatles but dozens of others. No one will ever do what McCartney has done.

Black Sabbath and Ozzy influenced people as well, he has been around since the late 60s and still going but not in the Beatles league.

The stones best stuff was from 64-72.  Hot rocks is a great CD.

I predict McCartneys music will be the futures classical that will be played by orchestras and made into musicals and studied in schools.

IP Logged
arteacher
Serious Thumper

Ride as if your
naked and invisable!

London ontario
Reply #6 - 10/08/12 at 11:52:52

It depends on what criteria you use to judge.
Song writing?(Dylan)
Number of hit singles? (Stones)
Live performances? (Stones win hands down)
Influence on the direction of popular music?  (lots to chose from besides the Beatles)
Number of gold albums? (not sure)
Longevity? (Stones)
The Beatles were a commodity created by Epstien. When they figured this out they reacted by embracing far eastern culture, they got lazy and quit touring, and when they couldn't agree on who was the god of songwriting they broke up. (with a little help from Yoko) Grin
They were a fad that lasted 4 years, and hung on for another 3.
Incidentally, who do you think has sold the most albums of any pop star ever?
Barbara Streisand.

white '07, Raask exh, Corbin seat, slipstreamer shie, Raptor, Routy's fwd controls, Baron tach, Frisco bars, Isogrips, Headlight and taillight modulators, Dial-a- jet, AME 9 deg chop kit, K&N air flt
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #7 - 10/08/12 at 12:12:52

I didn't include Dylan,.. 'cause he's not a band...

I'll throw in Bowie,.. if we're adding solo artists... Wink...

... don't know if Hendrix counts as a solo or a band... but, he didn't live long enough...
Very influential though... Undecided...
... plus,.. his best song, was a Dylan cover... Grin...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
mpescatori
Serious Thumper

Romanum Thumperium
Cavalco, yeaaah !!!

Rome, Italy
Reply #8 - 10/09/12 at 07:48:26

I say "Hey, man, take a walk on the wild side..."

The Beatles were ground breaking, but did not "break the bank".
In other words, they were THE band in the '60s, but once they split up, it was over.
True, they did get back together in the '70s, but it was more like
"The Beatles - 2" or "The Beatle2", to mock current Holliwood strategy.

On the other hand, many US and European bands were formed in those very same days and lasted... two, three generaitons (if you count a generation as 15 years...)

The Beach Boys

The Rolling Stones

Italian Band "The Pooh" (search for them on youtube)

The Who...

One way or another they're all still going...

Maurizio Pescatori, Esq.
Gentleman Rider

Mikuni BST40, K&N filter, Stage2 cam, Verslagen tensioner, Sportster muff, 120 proof moonshine, Pirelli MT 66 tourers... and a chain conversion too !
mpescatori   IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #9 - 10/09/12 at 08:03:49

Led Zepellin rocks ... so does pink floyd.
Beatles was a boy band ... OK fine ... young man band ... not as bad as the boy bands of the 90's tho.

Anyway I rate lennon as the best of the 4. I can listen to imagine forever.
I have 2 of em on LP. I have all of Rolling stones, most of beatles and most of Led Zeppellin and pink floyd on LP. In fact I traded a dsotm for 2 of those imagine's.

Now I also have most of that on reel, and I am still cataloging what I got on reel. I have a lot of who, jethro tull, uriah heep, yes and a whole bunch more on reel.

Obsolete media rules.

I need to get more Ozzy/Sabbath on reel. I dont have any, that I know of.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
Rogue_Cheddar
Serious Thumper

Hang up the phone
and drive!

Haverhill, Massachusetts
Reply #10 - 10/09/12 at 17:31:29

Drifter wrote on 10/08/12 at 09:58:56:
Come on you guys, the 60s stones and 70s zep were good with some great songs.......but not in the same league as the beatles, everyone copied them or was influenced by them. McCartney wrote the Stones first hit along with several other artiest top hit songs. Even if you dont like him you cant escape the mans history in music. No one has ever written as many number one songs or top 10 hits not only for himself and the Beatles but dozens of others. No one will ever do what McCartney has done.

Black Sabbath and Ozzy influenced people as well, he has been around since the late 60s and still going but not in the Beatles league.

The stones best stuff was from 64-72.  Hot rocks is a great CD.

I predict McCartneys music will be the futures classical that will be played by orchestras and made into musicals and studied in schools.

Reminds me of the old trivia question:
Q: When did McCartney write Silly Little Love Songs?
A: All the f@#$%in' time!

Cheesy

'95 Red Savage. Oring grips and pegs, 30" Fishtail muffler,152.5 main, 1/3 spacer mod ,seat lift, Verslagy.
  IP Logged
Drifter

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #11 - 10/11/12 at 05:31:35

I like silly love songs,......sometimes.

If your not in that mood listen to live and let die or Ozzys trap door, black rain, or megadeath or metal church or nickelback or shindown or 5 finger death punch or cavo or buck cherry or papa roach or nine inch nails or manson or chevelle or Hinder or Halestorm..what a sweet voice she has or saving abel or 3 days grace or Alice in chains or Alice Cooper.

Yep, im an old guy that likes all the above and jazz and classical and country. I draw the line at hip hop and rap.. Roll Eyes

IP Logged
ToesNose
Serious Thumper

Pardon me, do you
have Hot Sauce?

Mooresville, NC
Reply #12 - 10/11/12 at 14:47:18

Based on no other criteria other then what my ears and brain like, Zep is it for me  Wink    Also dig the Stones & the Doors.   I'll admit the Beatles were probably the most influential group yet and most of their music is great, just not my first choice to listen to.

The Suzuki LS650, bringing Miles of Smiles everywhere!
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/28/24 at 16:15:29

General CategoryThe Cafe › The Beatles the First 50 years.

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.