Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
people on this Forum are AWSOME (Read 207 times)
dmj13

Enthusiastic Amateur

San Antonio, TX
Re: people on this Forum are AWSOME
Reply #15 - 10/13/12 at 08:24:32

Well, I drive a Jeep Wrangler as a project, and because I didn't want to pay the gas for a full sized truck. Then I realized bigger tires and lifts and etc, etc. result in the same freakin' gas mileage as the truck I didn't get... :'( I don't care if the math works out or not. Psychologically the "I'm saving gas by riding my motorcycle" is healthy for me.
   Plus, I get to ride my motorcycle....
   And ditto the "folks are awesome here" theme. I rode other bikes and joined other forums before this one, but it is night and day how helpful folks have been. And it's nice to get the help without the helper looking down their nose at you the entire time.

2009 S40: Lancer Jet Kit with 55 pilot, 152.5 main, 1 washers/Uni foam filter/ Jardine exhaust
  IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Re: people on this Forum are AWSOME
Reply #16 - 10/14/12 at 10:24:14

Hmm... preferred truck gets 8 mpg on a good day, down hill with a strong tail wind... daily driver truck gets 23 mpg...Savage with 15" apes still got right around 36 mpg the last time I rode it...

Insurance? Preferred truck no longer sees the pavement, so N/A... daily driver (plus her car with comprehensive) is $53/month... Bike is sub-$90 for a year.

Truck tires for the Ranger are $111/ea. Bike tire is $40. Dodge takes 9 qts of oil, bike takes 2. Dodge burns/loses about a quart between oil changes (really filter change and top off), bike a couple teaspoons. Ranger oil consumption is all over the place.

Does the bike save me any money? Not really, when I'm using it I tend to really pile on the miles, so annual operating costs are about the same for 98 Savage, 94 Ranger (4cyl 5 spd) and 69 D100 (318 w/auto 3 spd).

Real bonus to having the bike? I can mess with it to my heart's content and not have the wife fuss at me as much as when I mess with the trucks.  Grin

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/29/24 at 08:30:47

General CategoryThe Cafe › people on this Forum are AWSOME

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.