carburator help (Read 152 times)
jamesjoshua
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

canada
carburator help
10/06/12 at 10:19:04

it was the air screw and thank you guys 4 the help,my camera broke so i could not take pics also when i installed the carb the rain started to pour so tommorrows another day,i also installed gas and no more gas coming from the air filter and thank u digger
« Last Edit: 10/08/12 at 15:17:42 by jamesjoshua »  

404204_10150668676746675_981022359_n.jpg
jamesjoshua   IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: carburator help
Reply #1 - 10/06/12 at 10:44:17

What color washer? Did you pull the jets? The main has a washer under it,, or, it will before it runs,

Im no help at all on the O ring, sorry,

When I work on things I have too little experience on to know exactly how it goes back together, I am super careful & organized taking it apart.
I keep things that go together, together. I even tape or ties things in places, I put bolts back in holes, because I just cant remember some things,, Notes help, but my favorite aid is as I take things apart, I hold it oriented one way & lay parts out accordingly,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
TexRex
YaBB Newbies

Fort Worth, Texas
Reply #2 - 10/06/12 at 10:59:00

IP Logged
LouSiana

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Hannover, Germany
Reply #3 - 10/06/12 at 11:10:00

"Very small" reminds me at ##43 and 44 from the Ron Ayers posted site.

I don't want to be offending but some problems are house made. If you manage to have left some parts, the work quality can't be that accurate.
A Savage or S40 is not a horror at all if you know what you're doing.

IP Logged
Digger
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Ya gotta be tough to
ride singles!

Colorado Springs, CO
Reply #4 - 10/06/12 at 18:36:54

Hi James,

It's been over 10 years since I had the carb apart on my Savage, but I do recall seeing a tiny black rubber o-ring when I was cleaning the carb on one of my KLR650's recently.  It went on the pilot screw (otherwise known as the air screw), as I recall.

Happy hunting!

Digger
2001, Metallic Glacial Blue, Raptor Petcock, Verslavy (first hole) (otherwise, mechanically, the bike is stock), 13,xxx miles
I don't own a cage.
www.astronautbiker.com
WWW   IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #5 - 10/06/12 at 21:56:06

Now,, if it was a 2 cylinder, you could just go diggin in the other carb for clues..,alas,, tis but a thumper,, a fat, juicy, thumper..

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
lrutt
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #6 - 10/07/12 at 12:33:07

small oring and washer under the low speed adjust screw. did that come out?

IP Logged
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Reply #7 - 10/07/12 at 21:21:04

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 10/06/12 at 10:44:17:
What color washer? Did you pull the jets? The main has a washer under it,, or, it will before it runs,

Im no help at all on the O ring, sorry,

When I work on things I have too little experience on to know exactly how it goes back together, I am super careful & organized taking it apart.
I keep things that go together, together. I even tape or ties things in places, I put bolts back in holes, because I just cant remember some things,, Notes help, but my favorite aid is as I take things apart, I hold it oriented one way & lay parts out accordingly,

I do this kind of thing too.  I label things, and I put groups of things in snack-size baggies with labels.  

Another really helpful trick that has saved my tushy many times is to pull out the Droid and take a zillion pics.  There have even been a few folks here who could not remember how something went back together (one was handlebar switches and wiring) and I had taken all kinds of pics for a similar disassemble and reassemble.  It was handy to be able to help him out.

If you think there's good in everyone, you haven't met everyone.
  IP Logged
ToesNose
Serious Thumper

Pardon me, do you
have Hot Sauce?

Mooresville, NC
Reply #8 - 10/08/12 at 04:30:49

Same here GyroBob, I'm a fan of taking pics before tearing stuff down.  It helped me recently restore a 20 year old universal workout station and there were multiple routes that a pully cable could have gone, would have been alot of unneeded trial and error without pics LOL.

The Suzuki LS650, bringing Miles of Smiles everywhere!
  IP Logged
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Reply #9 - 10/08/12 at 07:35:35

ToesNose wrote on 10/08/12 at 04:30:49:
Same here GyroBob, I'm a fan of taking pics before tearing stuff down.  It helped me recently restore a 20 year old universal workout station and there were multiple routes that a pully cable could have gone, would have been alot of unneeded trial and error without pics LOL.

I've even used the camera in the video mode while I narrated what I was doing to make sure my 65 year old brain could go back and reassemble things a month later.

If you think there's good in everyone, you haven't met everyone.
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #10 - 10/08/12 at 08:09:19

So far, I havent been forced to lean on the new technologies for mechanic stuff,

Seriously guys, can you Believe what we HAVE? Remember thingy TRacy & the "wrist Radio"? & REmember in the 60's, front of Popular Science was a big room, full of a new idea, a Laser.. & it was HUGE,, & now, you can get a laser that looks like a ball point pen. & we can take pictures or video & theres no "Send it to the lab to be developed",,  Its There,,

Weve seen some almost magical developments,, &, I am not a magician,, I can use the camera, but, getting pics online? Not easy.,,

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/25/24 at 02:10:43

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › carburator help

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.