Mounting a sissy bar (Read 52 times)
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Mounting a sissy bar
10/06/12 at 08:39:46

Won an ebay auction for a the small sissy bar, I think the one that came as an option at some dealerships???? Any tricks or concerns I need to address before I pull the stock side rails and install the new one, I have no directions, and I ain't good wiff no hows  Undecided

Thanks gang!

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Re: Mounting a sissy bar
Reply #1 - 10/06/12 at 15:36:33

Gee thanks guys for all the advice   Roll Eyes

Got her done, kinda twice like, as the advice should be only install the forward bolts and then mount backrest in brackets, then install remaining bolts and secure, as ain't no way in hello can you get it to slide into the bracket once the side rails are buttoned down, no way jose....
Now I have an extra pair of stock side rails, gee  Undecided

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
stewmills
Serious Thumper

Imagination is more
important than
knowledge

Auburn, AL
Re: Mounting a sissy bar
Reply #2 - 10/06/12 at 15:46:12

Well, I experienced the same mounting mine about a month ago so don't feel left out...sorry I didn't catch your question before now.

Embarrassed

2008 | 152/52.5–Air Mix 3/4 | Rotella T4 | Seat Lift w/Sheepskin | Speedo Rattle | Rear Pulley Shim | 140/90-15 Rear | Kaw Front Pulley | Relocated Rear Signals

FREEDOM ISN'T FREE!
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 10:24:50

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Mounting a sissy bar

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.