Send Topic Print
petcock (Read 65 times)
Johnny57

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Minneapolis
petcock
10/04/12 at 17:15:47

So, stock petcock is ON (not prime).  Putiing bike away for winter.  Use drain on bottom of carb to empty bowl and gas keeps running and running until I realize that it is emptying the tank.  What is wrong with petcock?  Behaves like Prim no matter what it is set on.  So obviously I have no way of emtying bowl and turning it off?

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Re: petcock
Reply #1 - 10/04/12 at 17:47:19

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Johnny57

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Minneapolis
Reply #2 - 10/04/12 at 17:58:31

It is a 2000 and I had it about 3 months.   Just bobbed it and need to pull it apart for paint which I was going to do this spring.  I also have been running around with the "Head plug" leaking but drove to end of season.  Funny thing was that it ran pretty well despite all of it's problems.  Has a BCB pipe and I had not rejetted it or anything either.  I will just add the petcock to my list and do it all at once I guess.  Maybe I'll just drain all the gas for winter and wait until spring.

IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #3 - 10/04/12 at 18:53:42

My vac petcock wouldn't turn off 100% either, but mine would drip slowly, not run flat out.

I used to think there was a PRIME passage that got opened when the lever was moved, but I have been told since by the vac petcock tear down experts there ISN'T a special passage -- instead there is a bump on the plastic innards that actuates a spring dingus that lifts the diaphragm and needle assembly assembly when you go to Prime.

Now I trust vac petcocks even less than I did before as I can see a whole world of non-function based off that spring dingus and plastic bump that we never even knew about before.   Knowing the vac petcock didn't work well was one thing, but knowing that its guts were designed by Micky Mouse is completely another thing entirely.

Cheesy     ..... get a Raptor, for your sanity and piece of mind

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/20/24 at 22:28:29

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › petcock

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.