Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Enclosed motorcycle (Read 190 times)
BOBD

Blacklick, Ohio
Re: Enclosed motorcycle
Reply #15 - 10/04/12 at 07:05:09

I have sent a couple of e-mails to them and found out it has triple redundant controls and if everything fails there are some landing gear that come down to keep it from falling over. The body at this time is made of steel-body composite. That may change later. It of course will have to pass the government regulations, etc. I would have to see and drive one before ever thinking about buying one. The price would have to be less than $15,000.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #16 - 10/04/12 at 09:09:07

It leans like a bike, so thats a plus, but its enclosed, like a car, & thats a real big minus for me,
IF I am relegated to not riding And I have the $$, Id go for some kinda 4 on the floor ( or 5 or 6!) convertible sports car. One that would cost 6 or under.  Wouldnt bother me if it was underpowered as long as the suspension worked well & the tranny shifted cleanly, because, to me, its more fun keeping speed thru a turn with low power than barreling thru one at high speed because theres tons of power on tap. Takes no skill to do that, but taking a gutless thing thru turns & not scrubbing off too much speed takes some driving skills. & whats the point of operating a vehicle if it takes no skill? I hate automatics, but, I have to drive them, because thats what the wife CAN drive. & she tried to learn,, did not even work out. Ya just hafta have some kind of understanding of things mechanical to do that & she simply does not.

ETA

The reason I dont want to be enclosed is I like the experience of being able to smell whats growing along the road & the feel of the wind. If I could get something that would lay the windshield down, that would just be killer.,.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Paraquat
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #17 - 10/04/12 at 09:30:58

I agree.
What's the point?
May as well drive a car.

--Steve

IP Logged
BOBD

Blacklick, Ohio
Reply #18 - 10/04/12 at 10:22:32

Ya I think I'll stick to my cheap S40. It would be too expensive for me. Don't know how many more years I can ride though. At 68 probably not many. 5-10 years maybe, if I'm lucky. OH well could get a cheap sports car, If I could find one that has the headroom. I know, drive it with the top down in the cold and wear your winter riding gear.

« Last Edit: 10/05/12 at 05:04:53 by BOBD »  
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/27/24 at 16:19:26

General CategoryThe Cafe › Enclosed motorcycle

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.