Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Show me your windshield bags! (Read 407 times)
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Re: Show me your windshield bags!
Reply #15 - 10/01/12 at 02:37:15

RidgeRunner,

I likes that rear tire on your V-Star -- which one did you pick?  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #16 - 10/01/12 at 06:52:34

ColoS40Girl wrote on 09/30/12 at 15:02:37:
Well... I have seen guys with fanny packs on so it is an legitimate question. Just say'n

OK.....if'n I didn't want to risk this challenge on my manliness.......Would it be better to adapt a Tool Belt?

On instead of a "Fanny Pack".....could I call it a "Utility Belt"?

Is there a patch that you could have attached that would make the Fanny Pack more manly?  I have occasionally seen Fanny Packs that have been reporposed....with negative results.  Like the little pack you get when you get contacts for the first time......or the care package from your Lasik.......or the dental whitening kit......  

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #17 - 10/01/12 at 08:46:26

Somehow Ive made it to dang near 60 years old & Ive never actually needed one. I Have known a guy, a friends brother, who wore 2 of them, but, it was okay, because of his job, 24 hour call, he mite have to go to an airport & be hauled to God only knows where in th world, He did the Ground Based part of satellite maintenance. Dude was a Serious Geek,,

I was the right age group when they hit the scene. Odds are I tried one out, because I woulda been more concerned about convenience & efficiency, than what anyone mite think,I think I did have one, but it was like havin a shirt pocket in the middle of my back,, yea,, another place to haul stuff,, yippeee,, It just didnt work out.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #18 - 10/01/12 at 09:40:20

I also have this "forkbag" on my tail... I cut off the buckles, and put velcro on the straps... Huh...
...(beanie, cellphone, and smokes)...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
RidgeRunner13
Serious Thumper

haulin' the
groceries!

Mustang Island, Texas
Reply #19 - 10/01/12 at 20:05:31

OF, I typed out a reply & included pictures showing what that tire looks like today & this crappy forum dumped the whole thing again. I GIVE UP. I"M DONE TRYING TO DEAL WITH THIS FORUM UNTIL IT GETS FIXED. THE OWNER HAS NO PROBLEM EMAILING ME TO ASK FOR MONEY BUT HE NEVER FIXES THE PROBLEMS. LET ME KNOW WHEN IT GETS FIXED &  I WILL ATTEMPT TO PARTICIPATE AGAIN AT THAT TIME. Angry Angry Sad

Wind me up & watch me run, I ain't never had too much fun!
  IP Logged
Paraquat
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #20 - 10/02/12 at 09:19:05

I have a tank bib with a pouch on it. It's 1/4 turn to remove the pouch. It's big enough for both my sunglasses and safety glasses (night riding) although I try to only wear one pair at a time.

I like fork bags but I have a windshield that prohibits me from using one.
I don't care for "map pouches" but I like a fork bag on the back of the sissy bar. Again, my bike unfortunately prohibits this.

There is one dude I ride with who has a C90 with a really wide windshield. He has a 3 pouch rig running the inside of it. I'll try to get a picture next time I see him.

My uncle just bought this mess. I saw it for ~100 dollars. It's see-through for a map, not a GPS and actual map. Who the Hell still uses a map? The side is black material. Probably something synthetic. That part is a pouch. It attaches to the tank with magnets.

--Steve

IP Logged
CalisOsin

Rather die, than
live down on my
knees.

Orange County, Ca
Reply #21 - 10/02/12 at 09:36:08

Not the best picture in the world, but this is one of the $20 Walmart bags. I like how tucked out of the way it is. I don't keep stuff in it that I use much, mostly just for tools.

'97, k&n airfilter, bcb pipe, custom leather seat, monoshock, custom bars
  IP Logged
Greg
Serious Thumper

Molon Labe

Southeast PA, uSA
Reply #22 - 10/02/12 at 09:39:53

CalisOsin wrote on 10/02/12 at 09:36:08:
Not the best picture in the world, but this is one of the $20 Walmart bags. I like how tucked out of the way it is. I don't keep stuff in it that I use much, mostly just for tools.
http://i.imgur.com/V0gMD.jpg

It doesn't melt down there or the contents get too hot?

2002 Savage.
WWW   IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #23 - 10/02/12 at 10:12:38

Paraquat wrote on 10/02/12 at 09:19:05:
My uncle just bought this mess. I saw it for ~100 dollars. It's see-through for a map, not a GPS and actual map. Who the Hell still uses a map? The side is black material. Probably something synthetic. That part is a pouch. It attaches to the tank with magnets.

http://www.revzilla.com/product_images/0003/2864/Chase_Harper_750_Magnetic_Ta...

http://www.triumphrat.net/memberalbums/data/682/medium/Kahedo_tankbag1.JPG

--Steve

Well this might be a good muffle for those Savage Owners who have a speedometer that rattles.

Kahedo_tankbag1.jpg

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
CalisOsin

Rather die, than
live down on my
knees.

Orange County, Ca
Reply #24 - 10/02/12 at 10:48:14

Greg wrote on 10/02/12 at 09:39:53:
CalisOsin wrote on 10/02/12 at 09:36:08:

It doesn't melt down there or the contents get too hot?

Can't imagine it would melt, as it's made of leather (same with the straps). But all I keep in it so far is tools, so the heat won't be an issue.

'97, k&n airfilter, bcb pipe, custom leather seat, monoshock, custom bars
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #25 - 10/02/12 at 10:53:03

RidgeRunner13 wrote on 10/01/12 at 20:05:31:
OF, I typed out a reply & included pictures showing what that tire looks like today & this crappy forum dumped the whole thing again. I GIVE UP. I"M DONE TRYING TO DEAL WITH THIS FORUM UNTIL IT GETS FIXED. THE OWNER HAS NO PROBLEM EMAILING ME TO ASK FOR MONEY BUT HE NEVER FIXES THE PROBLEMS. LET ME KNOW WHEN IT GETS FIXED &  I WILL ATTEMPT TO PARTICIPATE AGAIN AT THAT TIME. Angry Angry Sad

I think I might have done the same thing last night...
I thought maybe I got censored,... but, upon reflection..
I may have hit "Preview" instead of "Post"...

Whatever... I sure ain't gonna' retype it... Huh...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
ColoS40Girl

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #26 - 10/02/12 at 16:05:29

I have enjoyed seeing what "bags" you are using.  So far I really like the Kuryakyn bag.  However, a tail bag will work as well.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #27 - 10/02/12 at 17:16:11

Serowbot wrote on 10/02/12 at 10:53:03:
RidgeRunner13 wrote on 10/01/12 at 20:05:31:

I think I might have done the same thing last night...
I thought maybe I got censored,... but, upon reflection..
I may have hit "Preview" instead of "Post"...

Whatever... I sure ain't gonna' retype it... Huh...

& yet, I see lots of people posting pictures & full descriptions & not having anything to holler about,
Im leaning toward operator error at this point.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #28 - 10/02/12 at 17:20:15

I know many times I've pushed 'home' (ss.com of course) instead of 'post'.

WWW   IP Logged
stewmills
Serious Thumper

Imagination is more
important than
knowledge

Auburn, AL
Reply #29 - 10/02/12 at 19:12:30

I put my little stuff in the small 'fender' bag on the front.  It works good for little things that you don't need while riding. Otherwise, you have to put it in neutral or turn it off, put up the stand, and walk around to the front.  Was a real b*&%h when I stored my garage clicker in there and had to stop and get off and on to get in the garage, but I got smart and got a new garage door key fob remote and mounted it under the edge of my seat  Wink

The little bag works for now, but I am as well looking for something similar to tuck up behind the windshield on the handlebars.

bike_001.jpg

2008 | 152/52.5–Air Mix 3/4 | Rotella T4 | Seat Lift w/Sheepskin | Speedo Rattle | Rear Pulley Shim | 140/90-15 Rear | Kaw Front Pulley | Relocated Rear Signals

FREEDOM ISN'T FREE!
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/22/24 at 14:27:00

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Show me your windshield bags!

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.