Send Topic Print
Twin deer alert (Read 54 times)
Boofer
Serious Thumper

Nearly too old.

N Ms
Twin deer alert
09/29/12 at 11:13:40

Don't know if you non hunters realize, but deer often have twins. I have been looking at detailed maps on the net to find forgotten or missed roads in my area. Found one from Collinwood, Tn, to Savannah. Been down in bed and recliner for most of 5 weeks after injuring my back again. Felt well enough to ride yesterday on this beautiful, no patches, very curvy road. 55 is as much fun as 80. Came onto a short straight and apparently one had crossed and came back to check on the one who saw me and stopped. One deer mirror imaged in each lane. Noses on the center line. I'm at 50mph. No way to stop or  out guess, so I automatically did a good job on both brakes and took the slick center line. They actually crossed in different directions in front of me, and I could have reached out and whacked each one on the butt. Looked in mirrors and the road was empty. Had my experience not kicked in I would have hit both, but hard braking and riding that slick center line paint are not a natural thing. Since I am a believer, I just figure I've got more to do on this earth before my time is up.  Smiley Or, maybe the deer are meant to grow up and feed some hunter with biscuits and molasses.  Grin

2001 Black, Spitfire windshield, Headlight upgrade, Sissy rack, Tool bag, Fork bag, Harley muffler, Memory foam seat, Crash bars. Hwy pegs, Raptor.
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: Twin deer alert
Reply #1 - 09/29/12 at 19:38:56

nd I could have reached out and whacked each one on the butt.

Youre lucky one or both of those stupid things didnt buck & kick outta fear..Good job, glad you didnt get hurt.,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
ToesNose
Serious Thumper

Pardon me, do you
have Hot Sauce?

Mooresville, NC
Re: Twin deer alert
Reply #2 - 09/30/12 at 04:08:46

Sounds like a sureal experience Boofer   Smiley

The Suzuki LS650, bringing Miles of Smiles everywhere!
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/25/24 at 02:19:59

General CategoryThe Cafe › Twin deer alert

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.