Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
windshield opinions (Read 597 times)
jgrandmont
YaBB Newbies

Buzzards Bay, MA
Re: windshield opinions
Reply #15 - 09/27/12 at 16:11:58

When I bought my new '09 S40, one of the first things I added was an OEM windshield. It's a bit on the small side, but I've been happy with it. Keeps the wind off my chest and I do have a full-face helmet.

'09 Suzuki Boulevard S40
  IP Logged
Boofer
Serious Thumper

Nearly too old.

N Ms
Reply #16 - 09/27/12 at 20:49:58

verslagen1 wrote on 09/27/12 at 14:34:30:
+1 on the incorrect sizing of a windscreen.
most people want the wind off of them completely.
I want the wind in my face, but less wind on my chest.  
I have a national flyscreen.  I'm comfortable up to 80
the buffeting that any windscreen creates hits me in the shoulders, not my helmet.

Now there's a man who knows what he's talkin' about. Or at least I agree with him. My Spitfire keeps my arms from getting tired by protecting my chest. My open face helmet with full flip up shield works fine. The Spitfire number is S-06...about $75. Specify 1" bars. 15 minute install, because packaging is hard to open.  Grin

2001 Black, Spitfire windshield, Headlight upgrade, Sissy rack, Tool bag, Fork bag, Harley muffler, Memory foam seat, Crash bars. Hwy pegs, Raptor.
  IP Logged
Jeff Jopling

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #17 - 09/27/12 at 20:52:14

I like the factory one thats on mine. Its not too big to be annoying but works perfectly.

I prefer the look of no windshield though

IP Logged
gdrseeker

Addicted!!

Carson Valley NV
Reply #18 - 09/28/12 at 07:52:39

Ok I think for sure either the National Cycle Street Screen or the Slipstreem Spitfire.  I like the Street Screen look better but the Spitfire is almost the same and half the price.

HMMMM.

1996 Savage, Jardine, K&N, 145 / 55 jets, 1 turn out at 5000 ft. elevation.
  IP Logged
arteacher
Serious Thumper

Ride as if your
naked and invisable!

London ontario
Reply #19 - 09/28/12 at 13:17:21

I bought the Slipstreemer Billet 18 to replace the Suzuki one. It is height and angle adjustable, narrow enough to keep the bugs off but not all the wind, (a real plus in the summer), and throws the turbulence over my helmet so I don't have to use a visor to keep my glasses from flopping around.

white '07, Raask exh, Corbin seat, slipstreamer shie, Raptor, Routy's fwd controls, Baron tach, Frisco bars, Isogrips, Headlight and taillight modulators, Dial-a- jet, AME 9 deg chop kit, K&N air flt
  IP Logged
misterbbq

Acworth, GA
Reply #20 - 09/28/12 at 19:02:58

hopefully this pic works:

got here in 1 day from amazon and i think it will be perfect.  may need to adjust it up or down a tad but won't know until i ride tomorrow.

IP Logged
Wake51

Murphy's Law

St. Louis
Reply #21 - 09/28/12 at 21:41:22

+1 on the National Flyscreen. I put on on my Savage and loved it so much it was the  first thing I bought to put on the 2nd bike I acquired.

It's small and doesn't add a lot of 'weight' to the aesthetics of the bike. It will keep the wind off your chest, eliminate helmet buffer, while still letting you chew on air like riding a real motorcycle.  Lips Sealed

Plus it's a conversation piece! The thing I probably get asked most is, "does that little windshield actually do anything? Sure looks neat..."

IP Logged
misterbbq

Acworth, GA
Reply #22 - 09/29/12 at 06:29:11

that's funny.  wonder if sport bike folks get asked about those little 'deflectors' on their bikes??

IP Logged
misterbbq

Acworth, GA
Reply #23 - 09/30/12 at 11:11:14

ok, the screen works awesome around town.  up to about 45-50.  it's loud...but keeps the wind off my chest.

on the highway....errr....that was scary.  i *think* it was contributing to some 65mph wobble.  going to try again without it on the same stretch of road to see.  may need readjusting at least.

IP Logged
gdrseeker

Addicted!!

Carson Valley NV
Reply #24 - 10/01/12 at 20:17:53

Hmm I hope readjusting helps.  I will be ordering something next week.  My wife says I am spending too much money on this bike that was supposed to save money on gas.  HAHA gotta wit till I get paid for the side job I did.

1996 Savage, Jardine, K&N, 145 / 55 jets, 1 turn out at 5000 ft. elevation.
  IP Logged
Joe F

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #25 - 10/02/12 at 18:11:13

Slipstreamer SS-32 faring 16 inch.  Nice for riding all year round without being one of those Harley full dashboard looking things.

IP Logged
stewmills
Serious Thumper

Imagination is more
important than
knowledge

Auburn, AL
Reply #26 - 10/02/12 at 19:04:58

My bike has a spitfire which was on it when I bought it. I thought about taking it off for looks but it actually does a good job of deflecting the wind and I have come to enjoy/appreciate it being there.

bike.jpg

2008 | 152/52.5–Air Mix 3/4 | Rotella T4 | Seat Lift w/Sheepskin | Speedo Rattle | Rear Pulley Shim | 140/90-15 Rear | Kaw Front Pulley | Relocated Rear Signals

FREEDOM ISN'T FREE!
  IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #27 - 10/03/12 at 12:56:56

I have a NC windshield similar in size to the Memphis Slim shown in some of the other posts.  It came with the bike when I bought it.  I typically take it off in the summer and put it back on when the weather cools off some.

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
misterbbq

Acworth, GA
Reply #28 - 10/05/12 at 08:42:35

gdrseeker wrote on 10/01/12 at 20:17:53:
Hmm I hope readjusting helps.  I will be ordering something next week.  My wife says I am spending too much money on this bike that was supposed to save money on gas.  HAHA gotta wit till I get paid for the side job I did.  

turns out there isn't much adjustment to be done with the s40 handlebars.  there really isn't much room without moving the master cylinder and i haven't done that just yet (again....not much room...might not help too much).  so angle and height are decided by that.

if you stick to side street speeds.....it's golden.  on the highway...i'm not sold on it.  but then, i'm a new rider and the highway kinda freaks me out anyway.

IP Logged
stewmills
Serious Thumper

Imagination is more
important than
knowledge

Auburn, AL
Reply #29 - 10/05/12 at 10:07:19

misterbbq wrote on 10/05/12 at 08:42:35:
gdrseeker wrote on 10/01/12 at 20:17:53:

turns out there isn't much adjustment to be done with the s40 handlebars.  there really isn't much room without moving the master cylinder and i haven't done that just yet (again....not much room...might not help too much).  so angle and height are decided by that.

I have the same windshield and tried a few adjustments and realized the same...it is too hard to get the clamps outside of the first bend because of the master cylinder so mine ended up right next to (just to he outside of) the handle bar clamps. You can move up and down a little, but make sure you don't go so far down that it hits your tank on a fully engaged turn (don't want to dent/scratch your tank when parking.)

2008 | 152/52.5–Air Mix 3/4 | Rotella T4 | Seat Lift w/Sheepskin | Speedo Rattle | Rear Pulley Shim | 140/90-15 Rear | Kaw Front Pulley | Relocated Rear Signals

FREEDOM ISN'T FREE!
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/25/24 at 02:15:57

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › windshield opinions

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.