Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Dave's O2 Sensor Install (Read 781 times)
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Re: Dave's O2 Sensor Install
Reply #30 - 10/12/12 at 11:27:55

The battery box is mounted with rubber bushings.
Take a pry bar against the back of the tranny and pry the box backward to get clearance to drop the bowl.

WWW   IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #31 - 10/15/12 at 17:45:43

verslagen1 wrote on 10/12/12 at 11:27:55:
The battery box is mounted with rubber bushings.
Take a pry bar against the back of the tranny and pry the box backward to get clearance to drop the bowl.

I am able to push the battery box back with just some firm finger pressure.....no prying required.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #32 - 02/26/15 at 03:26:31

I just looked at this old thread, and realized I never updated it to the final results.

In the end I used a #50 pilot and a #150 main, and the cure for the lean surge just off idle was to remove one of the three washers under the needle clip....so I only had 2 washers below the needle.

It is my belief you should choose a pilot jet that allows you to have the smoothest engine idle with the mixture screw somewhere between 1.5 - 2 turns out.  If the best idle smoothness occurs at more than 2 turns out you need to install a larger pilot jet, and if your screw is less than 1.5 turns out and you can turn the screw almost all the way in and the engine still runs - you need a smaller pilot jet.  The pilot jet size should not be selected based on backfire issues or random guesses....adjust the idle fuel mixture as shown in the video I linked below.....the pilot jet size should be selected for a good idle mixture with the screw between 1.5 to 2 turns out.  The main jet should be selected for a good smooth acceleration at full throttle....and the needle washers should be used to adjust the mixture from just off idle to about 1/4 throttle.

Use the method in the following video to adjust your idle mixture.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YxpQjDQzX7g

« Last Edit: 06/07/16 at 14:33:26 by Dave »  

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/28/24 at 16:46:23

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Dave's O2 Sensor Install

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.