Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
The truth please (Read 1101 times)
misterbbq

Acworth, GA
Re: The truth please
Reply #45 - 09/30/12 at 06:23:10

i always thought dealerships liked warranty work since they get reimbursed at a set rate from the manufacturer?

IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #46 - 09/30/12 at 09:12:27

They get factory book rate for the parts and time. Had a petcock replaced on Lisa's VS800 under recall. We were without the bike for 3 weeks and it had to go back twice once it was "fixed". And the VS800 has a mechanical petcock from the factory.

Direct bolt on swap to an LS650 tank by the way. But is a lot higher priced than the Raptor unit.

Do everything yourself with the exception of tires, and do them when you get the tools to swap them. The dealer is NOT going to look after your best interest. Unless Mike still owns/runs Suzuki City in Biloxi MS, he and his mechanic corrected all known flaws with mine before it left their shop (those guys actually love the Savage). They even popped out the air screw cover and correctly set it, test rode the machine to make sure it was dialed in correctly. AND replaced the factory piece of crap cut rate vacuum line with a high temp safe silicon version (free of charge). And replaced the vacuum hose the factory pawns off as fuel line...

I'm 400 miles from there now, but if they are still around, I'm going to load mine in the truck and take it there to be put back in working order. Them I trust, my local dealers, not a chance.

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
ColoS40Girl

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #47 - 09/30/12 at 09:50:26

Okay! You have convinced me to look at the petcock and inspect the bike myself, okay my brother in law. Roll Eyes  We will look at it today and with the great descriptions and pictures on this forum we will take a look.  I will post our findings later on tonight.  

Plan B.  I could not pry my brother in law away from the golf tournament. He will do it Tuesday or Wednesday.  Therefore, I am going to wait to take the bike in.  If it is the petcock, I will have him install a new one. If not, I will take it in.  The bike is under warranty until February 2013.  Golf indeed!  Undecided 

The dealership I purchased the bike from is not the one I called so I am hesitant to post their information.  But make no mistake, I am not going to let them take advantage of me. I know how to raise hell and will file a complaint in a New York minute if I even think they are messing with me.

« Last Edit: 09/30/12 at 16:07:32 by ColoS40Girl »  
  IP Logged
Bubba
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Denver, CO
Reply #48 - 10/01/12 at 08:07:41

ColoS40, I'm in Denver. if you're close I can help with the swap out or testing the petcock let me know... it is super easy

'06 lt Blue, Dyna Power pipe, air screw 2 1/4 turns, 52.5 pilot w/ bleed holes, 150 Main, 2/3 spacer, Pirelli MT66 tires, Raptor petcock, 412-4006 Progressive shocks
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #49 - 10/01/12 at 08:18:13

I could not pry my brother in law away from the golf tournament.

IDK whether to laugh or cry,, thats so pitiful! Im cryin for you outta one eye, the other eye is raining just as many tears, laughing at someone who watches GOLF..
Actually, its not fair of me to do that, because I have a recording of a golf tournament. I watch it when I cant sleep., I think Ive only seen about 2 minutes of it, 6 or 8 times,that stuff'l sure put ya to sleep.,

Thot processes of anyone who chooses to watch TV over being involved in real life,, hmmmm.. gotta wonder,I know why Im here or in front of TV,, cuz I dont feel good enough to DO somethin,, when Im feelin Okay, IM busy,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
ColoS40Girl

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #50 - 10/01/12 at 16:03:26

Bubba wrote on 10/01/12 at 08:07:41:
ColoS40, I'm in Denver. if you're close I can help with the swap out or testing the petcock let me know... it is super easy

Thanks!  I may take you up on it if I'm close.  I am now in Atlanta GA until this weekend.  If my btr-in-law doesn't do something while I'm gone,  I will PM you and see your availability.  I am planning on riding this weekend to see if it happens again.  

IP Logged
ColoS40Girl

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #51 - 10/01/12 at 16:08:07

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 10/01/12 at 08:18:13:
I could not pry my brother in law away from the golf tournament.

IDK whether to laugh or cry,, thats so pitiful! Im cryin for you outta one eye, the other eye is raining just as many tears, laughing at someone who watches GOLF..
Actually, its not fair of me to do that, because I have a recording of a golf tournament. I watch it when I cant sleep., I think Ive only seen about 2 minutes of it, 6 or 8 times,that stuff'l sure put ya to sleep.,

Thot processes of anyone who chooses to watch TV over being involved in real life,, hmmmm.. gotta wonder,I know why Im here or in front of TV,, cuz I dont feel good enough to DO somethin,, when Im feelin Okay, IM busy,

There are two things he loves- golf and his bikes.  I can't really complain.  He does work on this bikes when I ask him to.  Just too lazy last weekend.  Wink;)

IP Logged
J C Stokes

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #52 - 10/16/12 at 00:35:57

Colo Girl, how did you get on with your fuel consumption and dealership issues?

IP Logged
ColoS40Girl

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #53 - 10/19/12 at 17:36:04

Update:  I took the bike to the dealership.  They called back and said they  could not replicate the problem.  However, he did say they could tell the vacuum had failed at some point.  Anyway, they are going to replace the petcock with the Yamaha Raptor and only charge me, at their cost, for the Raptor since it is not an OEM Suzuki part. I think this is more than fair.  Hopefully, this will take care of my problem.  Stay tuned!  Wink

IP Logged
ToesNose
Serious Thumper

Pardon me, do you
have Hot Sauce?

Mooresville, NC
Reply #54 - 10/19/12 at 18:25:04

I would say that is quite fair, and I'm suprised they would replace it with a raptor instead of a stock replacement.  Glad to hear that the dealership is actually looking out for you   Wink

The Suzuki LS650, bringing Miles of Smiles everywhere!
  IP Logged
ColoS40Girl

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #55 - 10/19/12 at 18:54:23

The dealership indicated they could not understand why Suzuki has not moved to the Raptor type petcock as they are a better product.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #56 - 10/19/12 at 19:18:42

ColoS40Girl wrote on 10/19/12 at 17:36:04:
Update:  I took the bike to the dealership.  They called back and said they  could not replicate the problem.  However, he did say they could tell the vacuum had failed at some point.  Anyway, they are going to replace the petcock with the Yamaha Raptor and only charge me, at their cost, for the Raptor since it is not an OEM Suzuki part. I think this is more than fair.  Hopefully, this will take care of my problem.  Stay tuned!  Wink

Stay tuned!  

Im doin my best at that. I dont mess with my jets, but it seems the exhaust sometimes just "Opens Up" & Ill go lean & backfire like crazy for a day or 2..My wife is startin to understand mechanical issues a lot better I think.. Last time she diagnosed the problem right away,,
Bad Gas..

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
ColoS40Girl

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #57 - 11/03/12 at 15:48:40

UPDATE ON MY S40 petcock issue  Cheesy

I just picked up my bike and it is running great.  The dealership put in the Yamaha Raptor petcock at no charge.  They fixed it under the warranty.  The service manager took the time to explain what I needed to do with the new petcock.  I am very happy. I plan on taking a long ride tomorrow. Wish me the best (no more issues!)  Cheesy

IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #58 - 11/04/12 at 03:50:21

Sounds like you got the best of both worlds from you dealership -- good on them.

Now we can say our List Raptor Petcock Repair Method is also used by "some dealerships" with kinda sorta a straight face.

Was that a generic "running great" or does your bike actually run any differently? (worse or better and at what speeds/conditions)

I ask because your bike is new and this is as pure a test case as we will ever likely see, no ageing components and no modifications cluttering up the answer with their own effects.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/29/24 at 00:27:05

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › The truth please

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.