Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
ColoS40Girl

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: The truth please
Reply #31 - 09/28/12 at 20:02:53

Justin and Oldfeller,

I will first be sweet  Kissbut the truth is I am more like Oldfeller.   Angry I hope they will do the right thing.  If not, Oldfeller I will be sending out their email address along with a claim number.  I would have thought a 600 mile service would have identified the issue especially if the vac petcock issue is commonly known.  

IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #32 - 09/28/12 at 20:07:25

Oh goodie, goodie ....

ColoS40Girl is our new pinup girl on the vacsucker recall war !!!

Cheesy

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
J C Stokes

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #33 - 09/29/12 at 00:58:47

I'll get shot but is the choke all the way in? I will now duck for cover.

IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #34 - 09/29/12 at 01:06:07

Up to her if she shoots you .....   Grin

If it were me, I'd sure check before I hit the dealership

but I'd NEVER NEVER fess up on the list if it were so .....

Lips Sealed

Actually, if the choke was out she'd have used up the entire tank of gas instead of just 1.29 out of the 2.6 gallons available --- so I think you may possibly have a bullet headed your way .....

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
NicholasTanguma
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #35 - 09/29/12 at 11:36:13

CalisOsin wrote on 09/23/12 at 19:56:00:
I have a highly modified setup and I only get around 80 miles before I switch to reserve.

Good gracious, what kind of modifications do you have that you're only getting 80 miles before reserve?

IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #36 - 09/29/12 at 12:07:14

My 80 mile tankful is based off a stage 2 cam, carb mods, air filter mods, exhaust mods and a bad right wrist.

If you ride hard, you get some right sorry mpg.

If you ride stock and gently, you can get 120 miles out of a tank of gas.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
ColoS40Girl

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #37 - 09/29/12 at 12:38:43

426F75746F6E697465000 wrote on 09/29/12 at 00:58:47:
I'll get shot but is the choke all the way in? I will now duck for cover.

No I am not going to shoot you.  It is a fair question.  The choke was all the way in.  This bike is not cold blooded. I rarely pull out the choke because it starts up right away.  Anyway, I called the dealership and they said to bring in the bike in on Tuesday.  They said they would go over the entire bike including the vac petcock.  IF it is a warranty issue they will fix it for free. If not, I only will pay half for the diagnostic check and pay to fix whatever is wrong. I told them a new bike should have nothing wrong and should have undergone a quality assurance check before selling the bike.  He mentioned pinched cables or something maybe loose. Anyway, I do not think this is unreasonable.  So stay tuned.

IP Logged
NicholasTanguma
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #38 - 09/29/12 at 12:39:07

Oldfeller--FSO wrote on 09/29/12 at 12:07:14:
My 80 mile tankful is based off a stage 2 cam, carb mods, air filter mods, exhaust mods and a bad right wrist.

Oldfeller, is your 80 miles before, or including, reserve?

IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #39 - 09/29/12 at 12:43:59

before

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #40 - 09/29/12 at 12:58:26

You are being dicked with by the dealership, with them throwing up "pinched cables" which IS BULLSHITE and are a part of their set-up out of the crate and are covered by warranty.

Contact Suzuki America and get a file number for your complaint.   Your bike is under warranty and the dealership is attempting to take money from you for warranty service on a known issue.

If you carry the bike in under these terms, they are going to charge you money and do NOTHING to fix your issue, just magically fix some "pinched cables".

Girl, you remember that for YOU to fix the issue would cost YOU $16 and two hours of your time.

They are going to charge you over 4 times that amount (and that will be your half of the total) just to check the bike in and "adjust the cables" which will not fix a stinking thing.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Suzuki-LTZ-400-LTZ400-Fuel-Gas-Petcock-Valve-Switch-P...

So, you can spend the $16 and get the Raptor and put it in yourself, or call Suzuki America and start the merry go round.  

Calling Suzuki tells the dealership not to screw with you, but they will still get more than $16 out of you several times over before they actually fix anything.

===========================

You see, the problem really is that NOBODY at that dealership understands the Savage very much as they only sell 1-2 a year and only service one every other year.  

They are going to fumble and bumble around and actually break things when working on your bike.    And you will carry it back when they don't fix it and pay them more money to fumble around some more.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #41 - 09/29/12 at 15:04:56

If that thing isnt 100% Serviceable Its Warranty Time,
Give me some pliers,, Ill pinch HIS cable,,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #42 - 09/29/12 at 15:21:01

What is the dealership's name, who was the person that told you that bullshite.

There is a little vacuum tube that runs from the petcock to the carburetor, it lives underneath a steel spring and it is the ONLY tube that could get pinched that could cause your issue.

Check it now, yourself.  Know the condition of that tube before you take it in to the dealership.   Take it off and suck on it to see if it leaks or is crimped or blocked in any way.

If it isn't the tube, then the petcock itself is bad.

Stealerships, they LIE like rugs to try to avoid charging stuff to warranty, then they jack the charges up double and "get you to pay your fair half" which is really all of it to begin with.

If you take that bike in to the dealership without a guarantee from Suzuki of America that it will be under warranty and NO CHARGE TO YOU then you just blew $60-80 of your hard earned money.   And that's assuming the bumble Mikey only spends an hour bumbling around with your bike.

And you could have bought yourself 3 Raptor petcocks for that sort of money.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #43 - 09/29/12 at 18:55:00

Its time to post th guys name & number, or at least give it to me,, Im ready to talk to this clown,
PM me your name, & his info & Ill be on the phone Monday.& I wont get you arrested !

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
J C Stokes

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #44 - 09/29/12 at 20:10:08

Cologirl, if you don't get satisfaction, I'm sure there are consumer advocacy organisations in your state. There are probably consumer rights type television programs that might be worth a try. Hopefully you will get satisfaction, but if you don't, it may do no harm to contact such organisations. Altough you have rights as a consumer, any business or corporation will have tax deductable lawyers and this simple fact tends to make them stronger in a fight. Law courts are renowned for snail speed.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/29/24 at 00:30:06

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › The truth please

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.