Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
A tale of another forum (Read 289 times)
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
A tale of another forum
09/22/12 at 13:48:21

I just gotta tell you folks, this is a way nice bunch of people..& not every forum dedicated to motorsports is populated with nice people.

So, gas in the oil on the 4 wheeler, intermittent dead battery, I go to Yamaha forum, Nope, No sub forum for that 250 Bruin I have, Ill just hafta stick my Cry for Help in another one. So, I typed it all out, & was chatty & kinda funny ( I think, anyway) & over the course of 2 days, almost 40 people looked at it. Not One said "Hi, welcome to the forum", Not One said " This bunch probably wont be able to help you, but, if you went Here, or Here, they mite",
NOt One bothered to even take a stab at telling me how to get the cables off the carb. Not one reply,, ZEEE     ROWWW,  nothin, nada, zilch,,

I did find confirmation of what I Thot was "How to do it" on some random website, so, I went & took the carb off, cleaned it up & inspected it & busted a little $2.00 hose in the process,,

Rubber tip on the needle ,, still soft & pliable, used the edge of a feeler gauge, held up to the lite, sides still strait, no cupping,some lite collection O crud, theres a tiny screen on the inlet to the needle & seat, it was clean but fuel flow had slapped & stuck tiny bits of crud to the wall of the 90 where the fuel inlet met the cavity the needle & seat slip into.

Handy Shop Tip

At the local Beauty Supply Store, get some cuticle sticks. A cotton ball will yield some strands & wind them tightly around one if done right, & you can clean down in the crooks & nannies pretty dang good. &, you can spin it around & use the other end O the stick to push on stuff..

I went ahead & very gently set the tab a hair down on the needle. Its not like I run that thing hard, I doubt that bowl will need to be kept Brimming with gas. I did see a tiny depression where the tab contacts the spring loaded end of the needle, so, the float was "set" that fraction high.

Im just gonna put a switch in the line that I think is causing the battery to drain down. Hopefully the charge circuit will keep on charging.

I gotta get a manual,, hafta do the E-book, online stuff,, cant afford a hard copy.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Paraquat
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: A tale of another forum
Reply #1 - 09/22/12 at 14:16:28

That's one of the reasons I keep coming back here.

--Steve

IP Logged
Greg
Serious Thumper

Molon Labe

Southeast PA, uSA
Reply #2 - 09/22/12 at 15:25:39

Oh yeah, this forum rox. I have frequented HD forums for info on some parts. I would say 99.9% of those people are a$$hats.

2002 Savage.
WWW   IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #3 - 09/22/12 at 15:38:19

I told them to scrub my account, that there was no reason for me to be a member there. I wanted to tell them what a bunch of jerks they are, but whats the point? Not gonna change them,, & jerks dont care what you think,,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
ToesNose
Serious Thumper

Pardon me, do you
have Hot Sauce?

Mooresville, NC
Reply #4 - 09/23/12 at 05:01:02

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 09/22/12 at 15:38:19:
& jerks dont care what you think,,

I'm a jerk and I care what you think JOG   Grin

The Suzuki LS650, bringing Miles of Smiles everywhere!
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #5 - 09/23/12 at 05:29:03

Well,, you are clearly one in a million,,

Thats one of the most difficult to reply to things Ive seen, Good Shot!

IP Logged
John_D FSO
Serious Thumper

Ridin' and smilin'

Vancouver, WA
Reply #6 - 09/24/12 at 22:46:26

Greg wrote on 09/22/12 at 15:25:39:
Oh yeah, this forum rox. I have frequented HD forums for info on some parts. I would say 99.9% of those people are a$$hats.

I'm kinda in the market for a decent HD forum. Does such a thing exist? Huh

'07 ElectraGlide.
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #7 - 09/25/12 at 12:38:41

I have owned other brands of bikes and posted fixes and such on their forums.  They were DEAD forums though, nobody contributed much and nobody said much beyond getting what data and sources they were searching for.   Of course, our bike has been in constant production for 30 something years, which means we have a lot of bikes out there still kickin' along and some of my other bikes were only imported for like 2 years ....

Got to the point I'd work stuff up here (any bike can contribute something to our forum, such as how to adapt a 6 wire regulator rectifier to our 5 wire system or how to put on some gignormous bags).   Then, once it was done here I'd link it to over there but the post would live here where it was safe.

This is simply a good little forum for a lot of reasons.  A Cafe were you can chat and post about yer guns and yer puppy dogs and yer operating system problems and yer lawnmower problems.  An active fix it Rubber Side Down section and a right thoroughly indexed (thanks, Verslagen !!) Tech Section.   Heck, we even got us an outhouse for when you jest gotta take a dump on a political issue.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
ZAR
Serious Thumper

Rock this town! Rock
it inside out!

Kentucky, USA
Reply #8 - 09/25/12 at 16:36:06

Oldfeller--FSO wrote on 09/25/12 at 12:38:41:
I have owned other brands of bikes and posted fixes and such on their forums.  They were DEAD forums though, nobody contributed much and nobody said much beyond getting what data and sources they were searching for.   Of course, our bike has been in constant production for 30 something years, which means we have a lot of bikes out there still kickin' along and some of my other bikes were only imported for like 2 years ....

Got to the point I'd work stuff up here (any bike can contribute something to our forum, such as how to adapt a 6 wire regulator rectifier to our 5 wire system or how to put on some gignormous bags).   Then, once it was done here I'd link it to over there but the post would live here where it was safe.

This is simply a good little forum for a lot of reasons.  A Cafe were you can chat and post about yer guns and yer puppy dogs and yer operating system problems and yer lawnmower problems.  An active fix it Rubber Side Down section and a right thoroughly indexed (thanks, Verslagen !!) Tech Section.   Heck, we even got us an outhouse for when you jest gotta take a dump on a political issue.

The only other scooter forum I've been on that is as good(and friendly) as ours is the Kawasaki KZ400/440 forum. A real decent bunch of folks that will give you the digital shirt off their back!

As we used to say back in the dark ages.......this place is "kool beans"!

Rock and Roll !!!

Yellow 1996 Jetted and Dunstall exhaust. Dakota Chubby Bags, Memphis Slim shield,Tank Bib from?? Seat riser mod. More to come!
  IP Logged
ColoS40Girl

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #9 - 09/25/12 at 18:38:47

Hey! Angry I'm not an a$$hats!  I always try and help if I can.  And, I have always found the guys on the HDforum very helpful.  Both of these forums rock!  

IP Logged
Paraquat
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #10 - 09/25/12 at 19:21:51

And, I have always found the guys on the HDforum very helpful.  Both of these forums rock!  

I'm sure guys everywhere are very helpful to you.
Because you're a chick!
Wink

--Steve

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #11 - 09/25/12 at 22:43:08

Careful guys,... one of us is likely to pull a muscle,.. patting ourselves on the back...
Okay,.. me... and..   Ouch!... Grin....

Pssst!... could me and ColoS40girl be related?....
Me...
Cologirl...

...just looks familiar...  Maybe it's just the hair?...  Huh...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #12 - 09/25/12 at 22:51:19

http://www.ancestry.com/

Find out! I agree the likelihood is great that you Are related,,

IP Logged
ToesNose
Serious Thumper

Pardon me, do you
have Hot Sauce?

Mooresville, NC
Reply #13 - 09/26/12 at 04:31:36

Maybe it's a big single thing, but the guys on the Royal Enfield forums are pretty cool too.  Not as much fun to BS with though  Wink

The Suzuki LS650, bringing Miles of Smiles everywhere!
  IP Logged
Bubba
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Denver, CO
Reply #14 - 09/26/12 at 10:16:41

I'm a member on mopedarmy...good info (and quite a few good guys/gals) there but i gotta tell ya...there are a bunch...yes...lots of folks there that just are filled with hate...stay away from the general forum...
overall has helped me with my new mopeding fix but ya gotta wade through some real immature stuff sometimes...seems to be getting better tho'

'06 lt Blue, Dyna Power pipe, air screw 2 1/4 turns, 52.5 pilot w/ bleed holes, 150 Main, 2/3 spacer, Pirelli MT66 tires, Raptor petcock, 412-4006 Progressive shocks
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 16:14:32

General CategoryThe Cafe › A tale of another forum

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.