Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Throttle cable retaining clip (Read 98 times)
rfw2003
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Yantis, TX
Throttle cable retaining clip
09/21/12 at 19:04:40

Anybody got a part number and where to order that darn thing.   I've looked at the part fiche and can't seem to find it listed.  That little thing got away from me today while I was doing some fine tuning on the jets. Sad  

If not anyone got some suggestions on what to use in it's place. Cable seems to hold itself in there just fine without it, but I would like the clip for that just in-case type of thing.

R.F.

1996 Savage, Corbin Seat, K&N filter, Slip Streamer Enterprise II windshield, LED bullet signals, Cat's eye LED tail light Ryca reverse cone long muffler
  IP Logged
Paraquat
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Throttle cable retaining clip
Reply #1 - 09/21/12 at 19:20:51

Been fine for 6 years without it.

--Steve

IP Logged
stewmills
Serious Thumper

Imagination is more
important than
knowledge

Auburn, AL
Reply #2 - 09/21/12 at 20:21:33

Just a random idea, but if I remember what you are talking about it is that little clip...the one I almost lost...that has one side that is round and the other that is straight that slides into that itty bitty notch?  Why not get a piece of wire the same size (small paper clip?) and fit it into the 'slot' and then twisty tie it around the cable and cut off the excess.

I am not looking at my bike as I am thinking about this, so my apologies if this is way off base.

2008 | 152/52.5–Air Mix 3/4 | Rotella T4 | Seat Lift w/Sheepskin | Speedo Rattle | Rear Pulley Shim | 140/90-15 Rear | Kaw Front Pulley | Relocated Rear Signals

FREEDOM ISN'T FREE!
  IP Logged
rfw2003
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Yantis, TX
Reply #3 - 09/21/12 at 20:23:40

Thanks Paraquat  I was thinking it would be o.k. without it but wasn't sure.  I have to turn the carb some to even get the cable out as it hits the frame otherwise.

Stew yes you are thinking about the right one.

R.F.

1996 Savage, Corbin Seat, K&N filter, Slip Streamer Enterprise II windshield, LED bullet signals, Cat's eye LED tail light Ryca reverse cone long muffler
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #4 - 09/21/12 at 20:39:51

If youre that wigged out about it, get a skinny piece of wire & McGyver one up.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
rfw2003
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Yantis, TX
Reply #5 - 09/21/12 at 20:51:06

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 09/21/12 at 20:39:51:
If youre that wigged out about it, get a skinny piece of wire & McGyver one up.

After thinking about it some,  I'm not really worried about it much at all.  After I get the new extended cables and if it sits differently to where the frame won't act as a deterrent then I may come up with a way to do a clip of some sort, that is if Lancer doesn't have a spare one that he can send me with the cables I ordered from him.

R.F.

IP Logged
Cavi Mike
Serious Thumper

Thumper n00b

Rochester, NY
Reply #6 - 09/21/12 at 20:52:49

I don't even know what you're talking about. Mine must have been lost by the previous owner.

IP Logged
Digger
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Ya gotta be tough to
ride singles!

Colorado Springs, CO
Reply #7 - 09/21/12 at 21:07:04

Cavi Mike wrote on 09/21/12 at 20:52:49:
I don't even know what you're talking about. Mine must have been lost by the previous owner.

Same-O!

Can someone please post a pic or a schematic?

Digger
2001, Metallic Glacial Blue, Raptor Petcock, Verslavy (first hole) (otherwise, mechanically, the bike is stock), 13,xxx miles
I don't own a cage.
www.astronautbiker.com
WWW   IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #8 - 09/21/12 at 21:40:27

Look at where the throttle cable sits in the the "cup" on the carb. Theres a slot there ( IIRC), anyway, theres a little wire that clips around the cable/cup union & interferes with the cable lifting out of the cup. You can remove it one handed.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
rfw2003
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Yantis, TX
Reply #9 - 09/21/12 at 21:48:16

borrowed from another post but here is a pic

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #10 - 09/21/12 at 22:04:22

Its not comin out if its adjusted anywhere close to right, But, a wire
( paperclip?) & a coupla pairs O nodleneese pliers & youre in bidniss,,

IP Logged
rfw2003
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Yantis, TX
Reply #11 - 09/22/12 at 01:53:46

In retrospect from what has been reported by ya'll,  I'm gonna just try leaving it as is for now, unless Lancer has a spare stock clip that he sends me with the new cables that I ordered from him that will fit the 10" mini apes I have mounted on the bike now.  Don't think I'm really gonna have an issue from what ya'll are saying since the majority of you are saying you don't even have ya'lls on there anymore.

R.F.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/03/24 at 22:29:35

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Throttle cable retaining clip

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.