wambr
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Russia, Samara
need help!
09/15/12 at 20:27:38

in General, the following happened...
yesterday cleared the carburetor and replaced air filter., as usual, I started the engine and it ran without problems,
2 hours later I decided to go, but the engine refused to run.I need it urgently... come back in another 2 hours and began to look for the cause.. checked all... the spark, the spark plugs are, the fuel comes ...and the engine still does not run...
checked the air filter and found in m approximately 0.3 liters of fuel.... where did it go?" how could it? and what can be negative consequences for the engine?
please, help me guys!

Yeah, it's not bigtwin, but it is the best half of it
  IP Logged
Digger
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Ya gotta be tough to
ride singles!

Colorado Springs, CO
Re: need help!
Reply #1 - 09/15/12 at 20:38:44

wam,

Did any fuel get into your crankcase?

Digger
2001, Metallic Glacial Blue, Raptor Petcock, Verslavy (first hole) (otherwise, mechanically, the bike is stock), 13,xxx miles
I don't own a cage.
www.astronautbiker.com
WWW   IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #2 - 09/15/12 at 21:07:34

I hope your oil isnt loaded with gas, but, check the oil level, Like Digger said,, It may not have started because it was flooded.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
LouSiana

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Hannover, Germany
Reply #3 - 09/16/12 at 05:16:48

Wambr, you should have a close look at your float needle valve assembly! The only way flooding the air filter blox and/or the engine with gasoline is an incorrect working needle valve in context with your petcock left open or not correct working (means closing the line in any way).

Depending on how the bike is parked the gasoline will escape from the carburetor via the main jet and needle valve/valve needle into the venturi area. Parking the bike on an even ground may split the overtopping into both directions, with the front wheel a bit downhill it will flood mostly in direction to the engine, opposite way it will flow with direction to the rubber boot and airbox.

Watch your oil level and have a smell on it if it has a taste of gasoline.
Very small amounts of gasoline in the oil will evaporate soon on a longer ride doing no harm. If you suspect an amount more than a quart of a liter (equals some /16 of a gallon) you should have an oil change immediately.

If you find the float needle valve correctly working, rubber tip is right with no damages and no fuzz in the valve, also have a look at the o-ring outside on its sleeve. If this o-ring is broken or worn, it cannot seal the brass sleeve to the corpus of the carb which means the needle valve is bypassed and the carb gets overflooded.

IP Logged
wambr
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Russia, Samara
Reply #4 - 09/16/12 at 23:02:28

thank you guys for the replies!
when I wrote, I already checked the needle valve and floats. everything seems OK.. I have concluded that it is possible hit mote...
checked the oil level in the engine and found no increase the level I was lucky!  Smileythe smell of oil is not checked...
I replaced the air filter, because the former came into disrepair...
well yesterday I rode on my Savage approximately 200 miles away and everything is OK... extraneous noise and damage not.
thanks again!!!

Yeah, it's not bigtwin, but it is the best half of it
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #5 - 09/17/12 at 01:40:11

extraneous noise and damage not.

Thats Good!

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/27/24 at 14:26:18

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › need help!

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.