Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Smiles after going synthetic (Read 319 times)
ToesNose
Serious Thumper

Pardon me, do you
have Hot Sauce?

Mooresville, NC
Re: Smiles after going synthetic
Reply #15 - 09/15/12 at 13:41:32

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 09/15/12 at 10:13:36:
Yea, Man, I Am visual,& Now Ive seen something new & I wanna know how you did all that,,Thats a coupla steps past cool,

Thanks man   Smiley
That one is for a super mini 1 1/2" gauge, I've started working on the mock up for a 2 1/16" version since that seems to be the most common accessory gauge size  Wink
It's all in the Speedo/Tach post here-
http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1345772898

The Suzuki LS650, bringing Miles of Smiles everywhere!
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #16 - 09/15/12 at 13:55:10

That took me past a mental acknowledgement of "Thats cool",, I Felt something,, thats exciting,seeing a home bilt, custom piece like that that looks like it came out of a factory,

The How To steps, materials used, would be something I would like to read about.
I didnt see them in the other thread, if you alr5eady did it, just PM me & point the way,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
ToesNose
Serious Thumper

Pardon me, do you
have Hot Sauce?

Mooresville, NC
Reply #17 - 09/16/12 at 18:28:33

Hey JOG I'm going to be selling the Gauge Inserts for  1 1/2" Super Mini and 2 1/16" Regular size for $69 each including shipping. (hoping to start on the 2 1/16" prototype next week) 

As far as how I made the first prototype it's mostly there in that thread. I started with a paper mock up to get the angles right, then moved on to a cardboard shell and built it up with bondo. Scraped the first one after not liking the angle of the gauge which wound up being too high and angled back to much to read easily while riding. So started number two cardboard shell at a lesser angle.  After about a dozen sessions of sanding and reapplying to get it where I wanted it I then primed it sanded it and started again with any spots that needed filling or shaping.  Eventually did two layers of primer and hammered metal spray paint to get the surface texture the way I wanted it, at least close to looking like the surface texture of the gas tank plastic console. And finished it off with a semi-flat paint.  Probably around 22 hours into it at this point.  

I have it pulled off the bike and was hoping to make the mold of the 1 1/2" prototype this week, but my little boy has been under the weather    :'(  And had a friend of the family need my help getting her massage studio ready for her grand opening too.  So just a buisy week all in all.

The Suzuki LS650, bringing Miles of Smiles everywhere!
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #18 - 09/16/12 at 20:36:39

Heck,, thatrs cool,.. BUt the looks made me think youd built it up with cardboard & bondo, then made a negative mold of that, then poured the REal Deal in the mold. Its really a nice job, 22 hours is reasonable for such an outcome,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/27/24 at 12:30:02

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Smiles after going synthetic

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.