Send Topic Print
ls650/s40 size (Read 246 times)
xxxombee
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

ls650/s40 size
09/12/12 at 20:44:56

i did a search and couldnt find any information regarding what im wanting to know...maybe i just didnt search for the right term. if so i would appreciate a nudge in the right direction. anyhow...

what im wanting to know about is size of the bike. i have found all the measurements online but id really like to see some pictures. im really interested in picking up one of these little bikes, but i keep getting mixed information on whether or not i would fit on it. im 6'2" 200lbs. people have said that its too small, others have said they are my size and it fits them fine...im not against being bunched up a little bit, i just dont want to look like an orangutan riding a baseball as a cruise down the street. do any of you have some shots of these bikes in action carrying a rider thats about my size? thanks in advance for any help on the subject.

IP Logged
SALB
Serious Thumper

FSO

Whittier, AK
Re: ls650/s40 size
Reply #1 - 09/12/12 at 20:53:30

How you "look" on the bike isn't half as important as how you "feel" on the bike.  Go to a local dealer, if you can, and actually sit on one.  Have the salesman hold the bars so you can put your feet on the pegs.  Take a test ride, if they will let you. Wink

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #2 - 09/12/12 at 22:19:38

there's a few like you that inquire... can't tell you if they're still here or not.

Anyway, you have to make the bike your own, it won't come that way.

WWW   IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #3 - 09/13/12 at 00:46:49

My wife wanted new sheets.. she asked me what color I thot she should get,, I told her get whatever pleases her, since I usually sleep with my eyes closed, anyway,,

All that to say this, I cant see the bike or what I look like on it. I dont CARE what anyone thinks about what Im riding, Im riding, & thats one Helluva lot more important to me than what some clown who means exactly Zero to me Thinks, or what I Might Think he thinks,,( & that second one seems to control a lot of peoples decision making)

Youre 6'2",, well,, Im 5'6" & it fits me Great.. so, youre gonna be slightly wadded up, unless youre built like Magilla Gorilla, with a mile of body & short legs.

What pant measurements do ya wear?

& ED L has some extended controls he sells,,

Theres several tall folks riding these,,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
LouSiana

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Hannover, Germany
Reply #4 - 09/13/12 at 00:57:49

I am 6' 5" 190 lbs and I don't matter if anyone seeing me on it would think that bike is too small for me to look accurate.

I know several people of about my measures riding also a Savage and... at least, it is a tiny little bit  odd-looking, but who cares?

OK, if a girl or woman with about 5' or 5' 6" comes along with that bike, it's looking great!

I started my motorcycle days with a Honda CB200 and it looked like I am riding a vac cleaner I was told. I could't care, it was the only bike I could afford that times.

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #5 - 09/13/12 at 02:15:42

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 09/13/12 at 00:46:49:
My wife wanted new sheets.. she asked me what color I thot she should get,, I told her get whatever pleases her, since I usually sleep with my eyes closed, anyway,,

All that to say this, I cant see the bike or what I look like on it. I dont CARE what anyone thinks about what Im riding, Im riding, & thats one Helluva lot more important to me than what some clown who means exactly Zero to me Thinks, or what I Might Think he thinks,,( & that second one seems to control a lot of peoples decision making)

Youre 6'2",, well,, Im 5'6" & it fits me Great.. so, youre gonna be slightly wadded up, unless youre built like Magilla Gorilla, with a mile of body & short legs.

What pant measurements do ya wear?

& ED L has some extended controls he sells,,

Theres several tall folks riding these,,

What others think doesn't bother me either.  The length of the inseam of your pants does make a difference in how comfortable you are when sitting/riding on the bike.
Forward control extensions can help with that if you like the other aspects of the bike.

IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #6 - 09/13/12 at 04:32:41

I'm about 30 lbs heavier but the same height. I have tall (15 inch rise) handlebars on mine with a real seat (modified Kawasaki VN800A) and modified Harley Davidson floorboards (replica 1950s half moon type). It finally feels right, and I've had the bike for 14+ years. Stock was a bit cramped but it served me fine.

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
xxxombee
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #7 - 09/13/12 at 10:39:05

Thanks for the replies. I guess i should clarify the reason I'm asking. I don't care what people think. I'm not worried about if I'm going to look cool or anything like that. What i meant when  said i didn't want to look like an orangutan was that i didn't want to feel like I'm riding a scooter. I don't want to feel like I'm riding one of my kids bmx bikes. I see a lot of folks in the mid 5'range that say its perfect, but being over 6 i was a little bit curious...and considering that I'd have to drive over an hour to see if maybe there is one at the dealer isn't really an option i wish to pursue.

For those that have asked, I'm 6'2" 200 with 34" inseam. I'm not opposed to forward controls, different bars or any other mods. Just really wanted to see if the taller folks looked bunched up and what they did to remedy it.

IP Logged
rfw2003
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Yantis, TX
Reply #8 - 09/13/12 at 10:43:29

I'm 6'1" with 32" inseam,  I was a little cramped until I got the forward controls from Routy here on the forum.  After installing those it made a huge difference.  Between the Forward controls and the Corbin seat I can ride the savage for long periods without discomfort.

R.F.

1996 Savage, Corbin Seat, K&N filter, Slip Streamer Enterprise II windshield, LED bullet signals, Cat's eye LED tail light Ryca reverse cone long muffler
  IP Logged
TossingLead
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

DFW, Tx
Reply #9 - 09/13/12 at 11:33:24

Go here and fill in the blanks to see how you will fit on the bike.
http://cycle-ergo.com/

IP Logged
xxxombee
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #10 - 09/13/12 at 12:20:22

TossingLead wrote on 09/13/12 at 11:33:24:
Go here and fill in the blanks to see how you will fit on the bike.
http://cycle-ergo.com/

thank you rfw2003, thats the type of info i was looking for. and TossingLead, that link you provided is excellent...much appreciated.

IP Logged
mnefred
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Coupeville, WA
Reply #11 - 09/14/12 at 17:23:32

I'm 6'4" with a 36" inseam. Thanks to the forward controls, I ride mine as a daily driver. Smiley

Mark & Evelyn
2011 S40 with Routy's FC's, Memphis Shade Slim w/s and lowers, Protac backrest, EBAY hard saddlebags
  IP Logged
Super Thumper

2001 LS650 With 97mm
Big Bore Kit, Stage
III Cam.

Windsor, Vermont
Reply #12 - 09/16/12 at 07:00:31

I have owned a savage for about 4 months now. Sold my 1983 Harley Sportster XLX 1000 because the vibration was bothering my back. The Suzuki savage is a counterbalanced engine and vibrates a LOT less than my Harley or any other single I have ever owned, Triumph, BSA, Yamaha SR500, etc. I am 5'10" tall and weigh 195 and yes it is a little cramped for me. My biggest complaint is the seat is too low putting my knees above my hips. The cure for this is to raise the seat. I have replaced the stock seat with one from a Suzuki S50 Boulevard (800cc V-Twin cruiser). I raised the seat about three inches over stock and is is much more comfortable. Highway pegs are also good allowing you to stretch your legs a bit. I have already ordered my  highway pegs and will post results on how they mount, feel, etc. and where to get them soon. I highly recommend the Suzuki Savage, I have grown to love mine Smiley

Live To Ride...Ride To Live
WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/26/24 at 19:26:07

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › ls650/s40 size

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.