Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
New Savage owner, bought my 1995 LS650 for $500 (Read 282 times)
Boofer
Serious Thumper

Nearly too old.

N Ms
Re: New Savage owner, bought my 1995 LS650 for $50
Reply #15 - 09/12/12 at 00:33:41

Get on over to the Tech Section and scan it for things you really need. Then ride it while you wrench on it a little. Good information there with pictures. Looks nice. You done good, and the $300 you saved will just about cover the tires and head plug/timing chain adjuster. I have a good muffler without guts and a heat shield for postage if you want it. Don't buy nothing without letting us know what you need. Most of the guys and gals here have discarded a few items and usually don't ask much for them. Take care and keep us posted on your exploits. Remember the Tech Section.  Smiley

2001 Black, Spitfire windshield, Headlight upgrade, Sissy rack, Tool bag, Fork bag, Harley muffler, Memory foam seat, Crash bars. Hwy pegs, Raptor.
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #16 - 09/12/12 at 05:49:15

For the rust in the tank......just go to the hardware store and buy phosporic acid (Don't use Muratic Acid as it makes the metal brittle).  First clean the tank using something like Simple Green, then use the Phosporic Acid until the rust is dissolved, then rinse out with warm water and dry it as guickly as possible using compressed air or a blow drier.  You should not need the BB's or bolts unless there is very heavy rust.  Bolts and BB's can get stuck in the corners and are very hard to get out of the tank.  

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #17 - 09/12/12 at 08:46:13

They stopped making the Ospho I was getting for $12.00 a quart. Now, it looks like the same bottle, different label, its called Jasco, sells for about $6.00 a quart. Looks about the same, works about the same, if its not the very same stuff, its a hair stouter. Its a dilute phosphoric acid & turns red iron oxide into black iron phosphate & its harder than the original surface I do believe. It wont work on scale, at all, it will only turn the outer surface black & rust will live on down inside.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
gdrseeker

Addicted!!

Carson Valley NV
Reply #18 - 09/13/12 at 07:40:08

Jardine Muffler is the one I am getting from Madalive8.

1996 Savage, Jardine, K&N, 145 / 55 jets, 1 turn out at 5000 ft. elevation.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/28/24 at 12:27:36

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › New Savage owner, bought my 1995 LS650 for $500

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.