Send Topic Print
Gyro (Read 278 times)
tizzyfit

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Gyro
Reply #15 - 09/11/12 at 15:57:29

Cavi Mike wrote on 09/11/12 at 03:21:31:
bill can go 40years without seeing a doctor so obviously that means the world is healthy. We have a winner!

When was brain dead removed from the equation? Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Reply #16 - 09/12/12 at 20:10:13

The fact that bill thinks wheat is good should tell us all something, eh?

If you think there's good in everyone, you haven't met everyone.
  IP Logged
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Reply #17 - 09/12/12 at 20:13:19

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 09/10/12 at 00:03:52:
You gotta have a look. Im pooped or I would tried to get your old postm,

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-505269_162-57505149/modern-wheat-a-perfect-chroni...

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.  This guy has started something pretty powerful. You know the word is spreading when an outfit like CBS puts out info on it.

O'Reilly mentions the benefits he has had since getting off of wheat every now and then, too.  No matter what you think of O'Reilly, tens of millions of folks listen to him.

IP Logged
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Reply #18 - 09/12/12 at 20:18:30

Lancer said, "...This answers a lot of questions about our national health issues.  Wheat is an ingredient is almost every processed food so it is hard to get away from it without a determined effort in choosing food without it. I prefer REAL vine ripened whole foods and avoid processed "fake food" unless nothing else is available. ..."

EXACTLY!!!!!!!  Wheat (and other grains) has contaminated 95% of everything sold in modern grocery stores.  Like you say, though, if you stick to single ingredient food (meat, fish, fowl, veggies, a little fruit, low-carb dairy, nuts, etc.) you can have a tasty diet and save yourself from wheat altogether.  Most processed food, especially gluten-free crap, is crap.

IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #19 - 09/13/12 at 04:39:59

Cavi Mike wrote on 09/11/12 at 03:21:31:
bill can go 40years without seeing a doctor so obviously that means the world is healthy. We have a winner!

I would like to add my 1 year older brother he was never was in active service just national guard,He never had a physical till the VA,Being in construction and being active is probably the secret.My 8 year younger brother,Sitting on his a$$ job had heart attack at age 60.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #20 - 09/13/12 at 08:10:21

A sedentary lifestyle will usually kill you early.

IP Logged
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Reply #21 - 09/13/12 at 09:06:03

LANCER wrote on 09/13/12 at 08:10:21:
A sedentary lifestyle will usually kill you early.

A very valid point.  At the other extreme, obsessive amounts of exercise are harmful as well.  It appears, for longevity, moderate and consistent amounts of exercise work the best.

I would think the term "moderate" would vary somewheat from person to person.  For me, I view moderate as doing something physical 5 or 6 days a week.  I define "something physical" as, for example:
-- mowing an acre or two (not using the riding mower)
-- half an hour on the exercise machines
-- jogging half an hour
-- raking pine straw for an hour
-- a day at Disney World
-- walking for an hour (my current wife does this often)
-- a day building motorcycles
-- a day building gyrocopters

Anyway, I agree being sedentary is almost as bad as eating wheat.

IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #22 - 09/13/12 at 11:51:26

I day at Disney World,I sure wouldn't be in shape to do something like that,

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #23 - 09/13/12 at 12:03:47

I just read a thing on Omega 3,For year its been a muti million dollar deal.Well after studying 70000 people half using it the other half not,There wasn't any difference in the heart attack rate,Its all about making money selling books and selling the pills. Maybe I should write a book about  wheat germ, My secret that has kept me healthy all these years.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #24 - 09/14/12 at 12:02:55

LANCER wrote on 09/10/12 at 04:53:42:
A plant grown from a genetically modified seed is not able to reproduce itself the following year ... the seeds are like a dude who has been clipped and only shoots blanks now.

That's not necessarily true.  In some cases it is.  In some cases, for both GM plants and hybrids, they reproduce perfectly well.  In a lot of cases, they breed to an ancestral variety that is usually not the desired crop.  Most St. Augustine grass falls into this category, though it's a hybrid and not GM.  It will seed but most of its seed is not viable.  The portion that is viable produces an ancestral grass.  That's why St. Augustine is sold as sod rather than as seed.  In this particular case though, it's the fact that it's a hybrid of only partially genetically compatible plants (like a mule is a hybrid of a donkey and a horse) that renders it mostly sterile.  Many of the truly engineered varieties are sterile because the patent holders want farmers to have to buy new seed each season.  It's a business decision to engineer them that way though, not simply because they are GM.

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #25 - 09/14/12 at 12:20:51

I was interested that he noted that the development of modern wheat predates modern gene splicing.  The implication is that if it were a product of modern genetic engineering, it might be possible to produce an organism whose crop yield could be comparable to modern wheat without the undesirable side effects of the current semi-dwarf hybrid.  It seems to me this is a more desirable option if it's obtainable, from a global perspective, than just doing away with it altogether.  Of course if he is correct that the gliadin in modern wheat is truly addictive, Big Agro will likely behave much like the tobacco industry has regarding the pitfalls of their product.

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Reply #26 - 09/14/12 at 14:08:11

Savage Rob stated, "Of course if he is correct that the gliadin in modern wheat is truly addictive, Big Agro will likely behave much like the tobacco industry has regarding the pitfalls of their product. "

He is correct.  Get off of wheat for a while, and you'll find out for yourself.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
03/28/24 at 07:14:20

General CategoryThe Cafe › Gyro

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.