Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Reverse Cheapskate... what luxurys? (Read 155 times)
Pine
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Mississippi, USA
Reverse Cheapskate... what luxurys?
09/07/12 at 15:09:37

Just to be cantankous:

What luxury do you indulge in?

1) I bought a single 1848 silver spoon that I use daily to stir my coffee. I weren't born with a silver spoon.. but I got one now! PS: Silver is a natural anti baterial... I seldom wash the spoon.

2) My glasses have all the trimmings.. aint even gonna say what I paid  

3) My recliner will conforatble seat a 6 foot 300 lb man, it was special orderd but never picked up. I got it for cost ( $600 in 1993) its all green TX suede. PS: i am 5'7 150 soaking wet...

4)Since I build my own computer ... I keep it pretty up to date by just changing whatever has been made obsolete. So the memory is 5 years old but the video card is brand new.

5) I dont drink much or often... but its Makers Mark or Patron or Mich Ultra.. in that order.  .... speaking of its after 5 on a payday!

6) I bought my own computer keyboard for work. it cost $100... but I like it.

IP Logged
rfw2003
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Yantis, TX
Re: Reverse Cheapskate... what luxurys?
Reply #1 - 09/07/12 at 15:57:57

my computers are my luxury items.  I custom ordered a laptop not to long ago,  and my many other desktops I custom build myself with the upper end parts..

R.F.

1996 Savage, Corbin Seat, K&N filter, Slip Streamer Enterprise II windshield, LED bullet signals, Cat's eye LED tail light Ryca reverse cone long muffler
  IP Logged
arteacher
Serious Thumper

Ride as if your
naked and invisable!

London ontario
Reply #2 - 09/07/12 at 16:01:34

I have a weakness for Cohiba VI cigars- $70 a pop. (one or two a year) In a pinch I will smoke a Cohiba IV-$40 a pop.
I have 7 cameras and many many lenses, and I spent $700 for a Riese tripod, and $400 for a Wimberly gymbal head for it.
I spent $7000 on a stereo amp for my hi-fi system, and $700 for a 7' pair of speaker cables.
And $2650 (with shipping) on the AME chopper kit for the bike.
I also like Basil Hayden bourbon.
When I dress to impress, I wear my Bulova Precisionist watch and hand made leather brogues or wing tips (which I bought second hand), and a small gold nugget tie pin, which I found.
My wife has MS and requires a lot of help, so after I take care of her ($25000 worth of mobility aids in the last three years) I take care of ME! Wink
P.S. My glasses cost $870.
P.P.S. Lest you think I'me crazy, the hi-fi took over 20 years to amass the right stuff, as did the camera stuff.

white '07, Raask exh, Corbin seat, slipstreamer shie, Raptor, Routy's fwd controls, Baron tach, Frisco bars, Isogrips, Headlight and taillight modulators, Dial-a- jet, AME 9 deg chop kit, K&N air flt
  IP Logged
arteacher
Serious Thumper

Ride as if your
naked and invisable!

London ontario
Reply #3 - 09/07/12 at 16:08:55

rfw2003 wrote on 09/07/12 at 15:57:57:
my computers are my luxury items.  I custom ordered a laptop not to long ago,  and my many other desktops I custom build myself with the upper end parts..

R.F.

I build my own computers too, but go in for upper range parts, not high end. Just good enough to run Flight Sim X balls to the wall.

white '07, Raask exh, Corbin seat, slipstreamer shie, Raptor, Routy's fwd controls, Baron tach, Frisco bars, Isogrips, Headlight and taillight modulators, Dial-a- jet, AME 9 deg chop kit, K&N air flt
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #4 - 09/07/12 at 16:25:21

Uhhhh,... nuttin'...  I never pay full price, or go top of the line...

... but,.. I'm now thinkin' about gettin' me a silver spoon...
That might just be cool... Smiley...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
rfw2003
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Yantis, TX
Reply #5 - 09/07/12 at 16:26:43

arteacher wrote on 09/07/12 at 16:08:55:
rfw2003 wrote on 09/07/12 at 15:57:57:

R.F.

I build my own computers too, but go in for upper range parts, not high end. Just good enough to run Flight Sim X balls to the wall.

The only part I don't buy as the latest and greatest is the Vid card when I do my upgrades.  I normally get one that is a step or 2 behind to save a few hundred bucks.  Now the CPU I do get the latest because I'm an avid video transcoder so I need all the horsepower I can get in that department.  I'm down to about the run length of the movie to transcode a blu-ray to mkv format while still keeping full 1080p.  

R.F.

1996 Savage, Corbin Seat, K&N filter, Slip Streamer Enterprise II windshield, LED bullet signals, Cat's eye LED tail light Ryca reverse cone long muffler
  IP Logged
Paraquat
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #6 - 09/07/12 at 17:42:21

I feed Wolf or Brown Bear to my cheaper guns, or even reloaded brass if the price is right, but for my baby I like to feed it never fired brass of reputable quality. I have paid 1.75/round for Gold Medal Match grade 7.62x51. That was in a time of need. Cabela's will usually have it on sale cheaper.

I like my vodka to be Absolut.

I also have a project car that I usually don't bat an eye when whipping out the credit card and ordering parts for.

--Steve

IP Logged
Steampowered Boy
YaBB Newbies

Deny me and be
Doomed!!

Glendale, CA
Reply #7 - 09/07/12 at 19:13:25

I keep my girlfriend happy; after that I have no time or money for "luxuries" so i guess she is mine.

How other people treat you is their dharma; how you react is yours.
zombiematic digtldecay   IP Logged
ZAR
Serious Thumper

Rock this town! Rock
it inside out!

Kentucky, USA
Reply #8 - 09/07/12 at 19:20:51

Steampowered Boy wrote on 09/07/12 at 19:13:25:
I keep my girlfriend happy; after that I have no time or money for "luxuries" so i guess she is mine.

Think you're broke now try getting a wife  Shocked

Yellow 1996 Jetted and Dunstall exhaust. Dakota Chubby Bags, Memphis Slim shield,Tank Bib from?? Seat riser mod. More to come!
  IP Logged
Cavi Mike
Serious Thumper

Thumper n00b

Rochester, NY
Reply #9 - 09/07/12 at 22:07:07

I typically only use high-end car audio equipment that I buy new: MB Quart mids and highs and Eclipse head units but right now I have a Pioneer Premier head unit in my only remaining car. It's OK. Subwoofers vary but currently it's Infinity Kappa Perfect VQ subs and a retired Concept amplifier that a friend modified for competition. They sound wonderful but I'm thinking about going old-school next. I want some original Cerwin Vega Strokers but they're hard to come by and very expensive.

I don't skimp when I repair/modify my cars either. OEM and name-brand only - except for wheels and tires. I break/blow-out too many of those to afford nice ones. Cheapest wheels I can find and used tires only.

*edit* By the way, that broken wheel in my avatar is mine.
<-----

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #10 - 09/07/12 at 22:10:44

I roll my own cigarettes, I cant enjoy a cigar any more, they cost too much.,I dont use or buy "the best" regularly. My pickup is a 1987 , 300 CID 4 speed. I do have a Kawasaki W 650..& if someone handed me a blank check to buy any bike I wanted, Id get one of those. But I paid less than $4,000.00 for that,,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #11 - 09/08/12 at 09:27:59

I'm kinda' disappointed in myself....  I have some really great stuff, but nothing I ever paid full price for...
I can't seem to think of anything I'm that passionate about...

I checked on silver spoons,... but at $40.00 for a spoon,..
I'm not that into coffee.... Huh...
... and I can't tell one hard liquor from another... Huh..

Maybe I'll get me some designer underwear?... Grin...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
rl153
Serious Thumper

S40 Just right!

Bloomfield,CT
Reply #12 - 09/08/12 at 10:38:27

I just bought a 7" coby android tablet. Love it!

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #13 - 09/08/12 at 11:58:20

Row, hit a few estate sales.

Note*
A sign saying "Estate Sale" by the road in front of a run down trailer house doesnt count.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
ToesNose
Serious Thumper

Pardon me, do you
have Hot Sauce?

Mooresville, NC
Reply #14 - 09/09/12 at 04:58:57

Things I've never skimped on-
Surfboards
Kayaks
Sandals
Sunglasses (unless the cheapo pair fit perfectly and are still UV a/b)
Tools
Vacations (including the two time shares I have on Paradise Island in the Bahamas)
Batteries
Coffee just like Tarantino said in Pulp Fiction " I don't need you to tell me how f@c&ing good my coffee is, okay? I'm the one who buys it. I know how good it is. When Bonnie goes shopping she buys S#!T. I buy the gourmet expensive stuff because when I drink it I want to taste it."   Cheesy

The Suzuki LS650, bringing Miles of Smiles everywhere!
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/01/24 at 15:32:30

General CategoryThe Cafe › Reverse Cheapskate... what luxurys?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.