New TKAT fork brace (Read 1061 times)
gerald.hughes
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

FSO

Tucson, Az
Re: New TKAT fork brace
Reply #45 - 09/15/12 at 14:57:37

This is one time when I have to disagree with Bot.  I put a TKat on my bike and noticed the difference immediately.  On the freeway, the turbulence behind trucks was greatly reduced.  I also noticed a reduction in chattering over rough road surface.  I would not ride without one.

I realize that I weigh twice what Bot does, and that influences the way the bike handles, but for my money, I will take the fork brace, and the TKat is a good one.

IP Logged
madmikesmech

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Olean ny
Reply #46 - 08/31/18 at 15:25:48

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 09/12/12 at 00:05:05:
& the bottom 1/3rd of my pegs are ground away & I say a fork brace matters/

YEAH, ride it like ya stole it Justin!!! Same here, my legs are both scraped up pretty fairly too.
Tkat does not make fork braces any longer, I contacted them, and he emailed me back stating he has not made one in years Sad I'd like to find one, or I will be going to Ebay and getting a super race for near twice the cost, but are the super race THAT MUCH BETTER?

1999 Savage, basically stock, except drag bars, 4"risers,Jardine turn out muffler, Raptor petcock, Verslagen modified cam chain adjuster,4" forward controls
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: New TKAT fortk brace
Reply #47 - 08/31/18 at 20:55:45

I've had both.
Performance is the same.
After reading Twist of the Wrist II a few times I'm getting through the same corners with a more consistent and higher exit speed, using less lean angle, not dragging pegs, well , once in a while, but not even almost like before.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
stewmills
Serious Thumper

Imagination is more
important than
knowledge

Auburn, AL
Reply #48 - 08/31/18 at 21:25:51

Lucked up and got one of his last ones before he retired.  He makes good stuff and I’m pleased with it. Snag one if you ever find it for sale anywhere. He sold them new for around $140.

2008 | 152/52.5–Air Mix 3/4 | Rotella T4 | Seat Lift w/Sheepskin | Speedo Rattle | Rear Pulley Shim | 140/90-15 Rear | Kaw Front Pulley | Relocated Rear Signals

FREEDOM ISN'T FREE!
  IP Logged
batman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

osceola new york
Reply #49 - 08/31/18 at 21:46:05

Go to 12.5" shocks ,they decrease steering angle,  increase rear wheel travel from 2  to 3 1/2 " (have progressive springs-and better handling) and you'll never drag the pegs again.I'd rather put my money into buying better tires for better handling ,(The stock tires are junk) than a fork brace .
  If you're following a semi and it's blowing you around , why fight it?Drop back or pass it ,use your brain it's the little things that count.

my old work mates called me MacGyver
  IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #50 - 09/01/18 at 04:43:46

I’ve got 12.5” shocks on the rear and my pegs will still drag on a good corner.  All you gotta do is lean over a bit. 😎🏍

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/29/24 at 02:24:47

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › New TKAT fork brace

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.