ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Re: need more speed!!
Reply #15 - 09/07/12 at 13:47:21

renegade1 wrote on 09/06/12 at 14:02:00:
nope im in canada it has a 55 main 147.5 pilot just have no idea why it acts like this, it just gets to that point and drops eventually if i gradually up it (very slowly) it will do not bad but its upseting i cant just blast it and go haha isnt 130km/h (81mph) fastest is goes though haha

Hope you mean 55 pilot and 147.5 main, this would put you 1 up in size for both.
Quote:
I also screwed with the AFM its about 2 3/4 to 3 turns out. oh yes and moved up the slide needle to the bottom knotch so i believe thats the equivilant of the "white spacer" mod (while i took apart my carb for a good cleaning.) and J C you dont think the exhaust and cone filter would help?

believe it or not, these 2 statements are contradictory.
the knotched needle tells me you either have a dynajet kit installed or by the size of the jet, you have a neutered pre'95

WWW   IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #16 - 09/07/12 at 16:20:15

LouSiana wrote on 09/07/12 at 12:15:07:
Charon wrote on 09/06/12 at 17:28:59:
If the object is simply to go fast, trade the LS650 for a faster bike. It will be much easier, and probably cheaper in the long run. Even a 250 Ninja is faster, and you can go up from there.

not really an assistant post... If there's an issue with the bike, ah, just buy another one. Next owner of this boggy and buggy bike can aks for help here  Cheesy

If there is a problem, it can be fixed. I wouldn't trade my Savage's for some random other bike. I do not need to go fast, but the promised power should be there on call. If not, something is wrong. And that could be a point of a serious damage one day.

I rode a crouch rocket once worse thing I ever rode.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
mjs3790225

Finally making a
presence!

Orlando, Fl
Reply #17 - 09/07/12 at 20:50:44

Not really helpful to the goal here too much, but I've had my Savage up to 90mph and can't vouch for a very stable ride while doing so. ( lol then again, what is a stable ride on the NJ turnpike Grin ) But yeah, in my limited personal experience, not really meant for crazy speed.

1996 LS650 - University of Central Florida

Complete: Raptor, Dyna, Carb rejet, Seat cover, Cam Chain, HID lamp, front pulley, plug leak

MPGs please
  IP Logged
renegade1

SAVAGE

Abbotsford B.C.
Reply #18 - 09/10/12 at 01:11:32

vers, when i took my carb apart the jet on the very top center said 55 and the little jet said 147.5 is that really messed up??? and about the needle i thought somone had said that some stock needles (depending on year) have the three knotches on it. Maybe you could help on propper jetting. i know there is a tech section but just asking for personal suggestions... little history about the bike i am the 4th owner. the two prior were family and have not done anything to the bike except changing the tires. It did look like someone had been in the carb before me must have been over ten years + that someone had done anything mechanically to the bike....

IP Logged
J C Stokes

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #19 - 09/10/12 at 01:49:54

Verslagen, you appear to be an expert, I'm just a newbe and not a very techo one.

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #20 - 09/10/12 at 04:06:49

The jets in the top of the carb are air jets.
The pilot and main jets are in the bottom of the carb.

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #21 - 09/10/12 at 07:09:27

WWW   IP Logged
renegade1

SAVAGE

Abbotsford B.C.
Reply #22 - 09/10/12 at 09:16:39

#18 - 55, #17 - 147.5 (Thats what i meant by top, wrong description given sorry)

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #23 - 09/10/12 at 09:49:20

Hey! Luke E. Thayer! #19 is a Filter!

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/22/24 at 06:28:03

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › need more speed!!

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.