Serious Thumper

Thumper n00b

Rochester, NY
Re: Honk Honk
Reply #15 - 09/05/12 at 19:44:05

ZAR wrote on 09/05/12 at 17:53:59:
SALB wrote on 09/05/12 at 10:24:46:
justin_o_guy2 wrote on 09/04/12 at 22:17:52:
IDK if anyone else has felt this. Ive never said this.
\
Ive seen HUGE horns on tiny vehicles & when they honk their horn, wanting ME to pay attention to them, I look at them, but I am HUNTING the Big vehicle that Honked. I, for some reason, have an Expectation when I hear a horn to SEE a vehicle that Should have a horn that would make that noise. You put an 18 wheeler horn on a bike, honk at me & Im gonna see you & keep lookin.. I wont even know YOURE tryin to get my attention..

Anyone else?

Ya, I'm the same way.  I associate the sound of the horn with the size/type of vehicle.  If they don''t match, I may not get who's honking. Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh

Same here.......it's not uncommon for a driver to look past(or through) a smaller vehicle using a BIG horn.  That 1969 Coupe de Ville horn on  a VW Bug will likely lead to a squashed Bug!

Why would you need to know exactly which vehicle was honking? Are you guys really that oblivious to your surroundings that you can't tell when you've cut someone off? Or is it that you have such little consideration for the rest of us that you just do whatever you want and throw a middle-finger to the wind?

It's these very reasons I'd LOVE to have a train-horn on my car, to hopefully give someone a heart-attack for being a danger to everyone around them - or at the very least make them swerve off the road and crash.

IP Logged
ZAR
Serious Thumper

Rock this town! Rock
it inside out!

Kentucky, USA
Reply #16 - 09/05/12 at 19:58:31

Cavi Mike wrote on 09/05/12 at 19:44:05:
ZAR wrote on 09/05/12 at 17:53:59:
SALB wrote on 09/05/12 at 10:24:46:
justin_o_guy2 wrote on 09/04/12 at 22:17:52:
IDK if anyone else has felt this. Ive never said this.
\
Ive seen HUGE horns on tiny vehicles & when they honk their horn, wanting ME to pay attention to them, I look at them, but I am HUNTING the Big vehicle that Honked. I, for some reason, have an Expectation when I hear a horn to SEE a vehicle that Should have a horn that would make that noise. You put an 18 wheeler horn on a bike, honk at me & Im gonna see you & keep lookin.. I wont even know YOURE tryin to get my attention..

Anyone else?

Ya, I'm the same way.  I associate the sound of the horn with the size/type of vehicle.  If they don''t match, I may not get who's honking. Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh

Same here.......it's not uncommon for a driver to look past(or through) a smaller vehicle using a BIG horn.  That 1969 Coupe de Ville horn on  a VW Bug will likely lead to a squashed Bug!

Why would you need to know exactly which vehicle was honking? Are you guys really that oblivious to your surroundings that you can't tell when you've cut someone off? Or is it that you have such little consideration for the rest of us that you just do whatever you want and throw a middle-finger to the wind?

It's these very reasons I'd LOVE to have a train-horn on my car, to hopefully give someone a heart-attack for being a danger to everyone around them - or at the very least make them swerve off the road and crash.

Mike you're missing my point sir. What I'm getting at(and not very well it seems) is that most people tend to look for things that match. Therefore a BIG and Loud car horn causes people to look for a car...not a 350# motorcycle. Hence my statement that people will look past(or through) a bike in trying to see the car that's honking. They may actually run over the bike while looking for the honking car. This I know from practical experience....30 years of professional driving...where I've seen about everything you can imagine.

As for your questions/comments on our cutting people off and lack of consideration......No,I don't practice that driving style, but I'm on the receiving end darn near every time I climb in the truck cab or throw a leg over the scoot!

With your desire to "make them swerve off the road and crash" could you possibly be a menace to the rest of us that share the road with you??? Sounds a lot like the behaviour you condem in others sir.

Yellow 1996 Jetted and Dunstall exhaust. Dakota Chubby Bags, Memphis Slim shield,Tank Bib from?? Seat riser mod. More to come!
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #17 - 09/05/12 at 23:00:49

Why would you need to know exactly which vehicle was honking?

Really?

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/21/24 at 13:34:31

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Honk Honk

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.