stewmills
Serious Thumper

Imagination is more
important than
knowledge

Auburn, AL
Honk Honk
09/04/12 at 10:33:00

So, what is the best and loudest aftermarket electronic horn (no air horns, etc) for a 2008 LS650 that does not require any bike modifications?  I want a horn that has a little more meat to it, but something that still looks nice and can be easily swapped out with the little tricycle horn that comes stock on the bike.

Any suggestions?  Links to the items for sale or pics of your honker are welcomed. Tongue

Thanks!

2008 | 152/52.5–Air Mix 3/4 | Rotella T4 | Seat Lift w/Sheepskin | Speedo Rattle | Rear Pulley Shim | 140/90-15 Rear | Kaw Front Pulley | Relocated Rear Signals

FREEDOM ISN'T FREE!
  IP Logged
ohio thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Honk Honk
Reply #1 - 09/04/12 at 18:09:56

i put a hardley horn on mine.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #2 - 09/04/12 at 22:17:52

IDK if anyone else has felt this. Ive never said this.
\
Ive seen HUGE horns on tiny vehicles & when they honk their horn, wanting ME to pay attention to them, I look at them, but I am HUNTING the Big vehicle that Honked. I, for some reason, have an Expectation when I hear a horn to SEE a vehicle that Should have a horn that would make that noise. You put an 18 wheeler horn on a bike, honk at me & Im gonna see you & keep lookin.. I wont even know YOURE tryin to get my attention..

Anyone else?

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Cavi Mike
Serious Thumper

Thumper n00b

Rochester, NY
Reply #3 - 09/05/12 at 03:04:58

Probably the easiest thing to do is get a "low" tone GM horn. I usually put one on everything I own.

And to JOG - If you do something stupid that warrants someone blowing their horn at you, you don't have any right to get mad at the guy with the loud horn. My horn isn't for your pleasure - it's for your discomfort.

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #4 - 09/05/12 at 07:24:56

My Pontiac Vibe has a very wimpy horn from the factory.  I replaced it with some dual tone horns similar to these.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2X-SUPER-LOUD-GRILLE-MOUNT-COMPACT-ELECTRIC-BLAST-TON...

They are really loud.......but I can no longer give a friendly honk and wave to my neighbors as I drive by.  When I blow the horn it never sounds friendly......and when they wave back they seldom have all their fingers up! Shocked

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
youzguyz
Serious Thumper

San Antonio, Texas
Reply #5 - 09/05/12 at 07:41:59

Autozone has some:
http://www.autozone.com/autozone/parts/Horn/_/N-9citc?filterByKeyWord=horn&fr...

The BH103FBH and BH103FBL are high tone and low tone versions of the same horn.  Bolts right on in place of stock Savage horn.
NOTE the alignment of the horn.  The 101 versions will not sit right, only the 103 versions.

Marginally louder than the stock horn.

2002 - Silver (Thumper)
2000 - Green (Mad Hamish)
Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut between the seat and the handlebars. Make sure yours isn't too tight or too loose.
  IP Logged
EJID
Serious Thumper

Work to ride and
ride to work.

Pocatello, ID
Reply #6 - 09/05/12 at 07:58:24

I know you said no air horns, but I just came across this one on another bike forum and it looks kinda interesting...

http://screaming-banshee.com/

05 S40 15" Memphis Slim, FXDWG Bars, Moved Rear Signals, Saddlebags, Fork Bag, Mini-Tach, Raptor, Cone Filter, Fishtail Muffler, Mix Screw Out 2.5 Turns, 4" Fwd Controls, 147.5 Main/55 Pilot @ 4500
  IP Logged
stewmills
Serious Thumper

Imagination is more
important than
knowledge

Auburn, AL
Reply #7 - 09/05/12 at 10:00:09

EJID wrote on 09/05/12 at 07:58:24:
I know you said no air horns, but I just came across this one on another bike forum and it looks kinda interesting...

http://screaming-banshee.com/

EJID, I must say that this did get my attention. You still have the ability for that friendly 'honk' but still have the ability to really get at someone if you want to Smiley

2008 | 152/52.5–Air Mix 3/4 | Rotella T4 | Seat Lift w/Sheepskin | Speedo Rattle | Rear Pulley Shim | 140/90-15 Rear | Kaw Front Pulley | Relocated Rear Signals

FREEDOM ISN'T FREE!
  IP Logged
SaVaGeEaRL

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Georgetown, KY
Reply #8 - 09/05/12 at 10:00:16

Cavi Mike wrote on 09/05/12 at 03:04:58:
Probably the easiest thing to do is get a "low" tone GM horn. I usually put one on everything I own.

And to JOG - If you do something stupid that warrants someone blowing their horn at you, you don't have any right to get mad at the guy with the loud horn. My horn isn't for your pleasure - it's for your discomfort.

I dunno but when I read jog's comment it seems he is only saying he looks for vehichles that would match the sound of the horn he heard. doesnt seem to me like he said anything about getting mad at whoever was honking....

IP Logged
SALB
Serious Thumper

FSO

Whittier, AK
Reply #9 - 09/05/12 at 10:24:46

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 09/04/12 at 22:17:52:
\
Ive seen HUGE horns on tiny vehicles & when they honk their horn, wanting ME to pay attention to them, I look at them, but I am HUNTING the Big vehicle that Honked. I, for some reason, have an Expectation when I hear a horn to SEE a vehicle that Should have a horn that would make that noise. You put an 18 wheeler horn on a bike, honk at me & Im gonna see you & keep lookin.. I wont even know YOURE tryin to get my attention..

Anyone else?

Ya, I'm the same way.  I associate the sound of the horn with the size/type of vehicle.  If they don''t match, I may not get who's honking. Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #10 - 09/05/12 at 11:13:01

while that maybe true, if you're changing lanes and you hear a tug boat blast... do you look for a tug boat or do you stop changing lanes, rub the top of your percussed head, and excuse your profanity to the person on the phone?

WWW   IP Logged
jimbo2
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #11 - 09/05/12 at 16:42:45

I always use Fiamm Freeway Blaster low tone on my bikes, cheep and loud.

IP Logged
Greg
Serious Thumper

Molon Labe

Southeast PA, uSA
Reply #12 - 09/05/12 at 17:09:40

jimbo2 wrote on 09/05/12 at 16:42:45:

Do they need a relay? Where did you mount it on the Savage?

2002 Savage.
WWW   IP Logged
ZAR
Serious Thumper

Rock this town! Rock
it inside out!

Kentucky, USA
Reply #13 - 09/05/12 at 17:53:59

SALB wrote on 09/05/12 at 10:24:46:
justin_o_guy2 wrote on 09/04/12 at 22:17:52:
\

Anyone else?

Ya, I'm the same way.  I associate the sound of the horn with the size/type of vehicle.  If they don''t match, I may not get who's honking. Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh

Same here.......it's not uncommon for a driver to look past(or through) a smaller vehicle using a BIG horn.  That 1969 Coupe de Ville horn on  a VW Bug will likely lead to a squashed Bug!

Yellow 1996 Jetted and Dunstall exhaust. Dakota Chubby Bags, Memphis Slim shield,Tank Bib from?? Seat riser mod. More to come!
  IP Logged
stewmills
Serious Thumper

Imagination is more
important than
knowledge

Auburn, AL
Reply #14 - 09/05/12 at 18:23:53

jimbo2 wrote on 09/05/12 at 16:42:45:

Any pics with this on the savage and technical guidance other than wiring it up right out of the box?

FREEDOM ISN'T FREE!
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/21/24 at 11:10:02

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Honk Honk

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.