Send Topic Print
Not Again!!!!!! (Read 98 times)
Midnightrider
Serious Thumper

Alliance Member

Winston Salem, NC
Not Again!!!!!!
09/02/12 at 05:41:36

http://www2.journalnow.com/news/2012/sep/02/wsmain01-benefits-landscape-chang...  They cut my retirement by 2/3. Now they're taking my insurance. One thing I've noticed, the stockholders dividend payments keep going up and upper management continues to recieve large bonuses. Where are they getting the money to fund that  Roll Eyes

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"
  IP Logged
Trippah
Serious Thumper

I ride, therefore I
am.

central Mass
Re: Not Again!!!!!!
Reply #1 - 09/02/12 at 07:57:22

It's hard to drive a Ferrari if you have to buy someone else a coffee. Grin

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #2 - 09/02/12 at 08:46:46

This is where we're headed...
You get screwed out of what you worked for,.. while the safety net is taken away...
...and the rich, get richer...
The expectation of retirement at any age, is becoming obsolete...

Romney's vulture capitalist dream... deregulation, profit taking, and then a bankruptcy to clean the slate of obligations... and no taxes on the spoils...
Employees are "assets" not people... to be liquidated when no longer viable..

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Midnightrider
Serious Thumper

Alliance Member

Winston Salem, NC
Reply #3 - 09/02/12 at 09:37:05

I told fellow employees for years we needed a union, 2/3 of them laughed at me or got mad. I predicted all of this was going to happen. Years ago there was close to a billion dollars in that retirement fund and the pay out was coming from the interest. Greedy bastards had to get their hands on it and will continue to do so. The last 4 years I worked mamagements pay DOUBLED while my pay was frozen. You younger guys had better start looking out for yourself. Remember that when you vote. If you vote with the rich man remember he only wants to get richer and he doesnt care who he screws over to get it.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"
  IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #4 - 09/02/12 at 10:53:41

The whole concept of Right to work states is garbage.
One rule for 1 part of the country and another for another is BS.

Union - all states or no states. Anyway, we need unions and we need the bloody chinese to be robbed blind by us. They have meddled in everything too long.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
Retread

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #5 - 09/03/12 at 08:25:41

I worked in an open shop that could not be closed because of a few members that worked in a RTW state. It hamstrung the Union in dues and active membership. But the real cancer came from under the table company screening of new hires, within ten years of layoffs, and rehires, they had whittled the dues paying members of the workforce down to nothing. Plus giving the non-Union leaning employees special treatment, laying the heaviest workloads on Union members, bending contract guidelines (Knowing Union would not fight in grievence), and supervisors watching any paying Union member for ANY screwup, no matter how small..

I finally had to make a decision, to stay with a Union that left me in the cold, or drop them and throw myself on the mercy of the company stooges.. I had many years of faithful service to the company, and more knowledge of operations, I decided to just shutup and work out my remaining days till retirement. I was lucky, I had a good boss move into my unit and recognized my work ethic, I was able to keep myself invisible. I told my boss of my wishes, he would give me praise in private, but did not want anyone from higher up to notice..

I guess the message here is, if you belong to a Union, take part in it, do not sit to the side and pregnant dog about the decisions, help make them.. A Union is only as strong as its members, and everytime a contract area is breeched, it is a chunk of every members rearend.. Try to work with the company within reason, remember your a team, it is to both of your best interests to make the company prosper.

I have worked on both sides of the spectrum, as a supervisor, and as a Union steward. I have also been screwed by the Company and the Union, both hurt.. Happy labor day...

Used to look like a Greek God, now I look like a darned Greek!
  IP Logged
ZAR
Serious Thumper

Rock this town! Rock
it inside out!

Kentucky, USA
Reply #6 - 09/06/12 at 05:43:49

I'm happy for you guys that have had a good life with Unions. I've had far less success around them myself. In my area of the country Union workers seem to act more like the "welfare entitlement" class. They all want more money and less work! No good work ethic or pride in workmanship that I can see at all.....and now the product they make is under it's third major recall........

Sorry guys but I want nothing to do with organized labor. I'm an independant trucker and like it that way!

Yellow 1996 Jetted and Dunstall exhaust. Dakota Chubby Bags, Memphis Slim shield,Tank Bib from?? Seat riser mod. More to come!
  IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #7 - 09/06/12 at 05:47:26

A carpenter's union card doesn't make you a carpenter,I makes you a guy with a carpenters union card.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/14/24 at 12:18:44

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Not Again!!!!!!

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.