Rotella vs Del Vac (Read 146 times)
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Rotella vs Del Vac
09/01/12 at 17:13:16

I am a Rotella user, to be sure, but in an Advanced Auto Parts store this evening I notice Delvac on sale for a really good price.  I did a quick yahoo search of "delvac motorcycle" and found a few places where motorcycle operators swear by this stuff much the same as we do by Rotella.  (aren't smartphones cool?!)

So,.. is this stuff as good as Rotella dino oil?  If so, this seems like a stinkin' good price.

If you think there's good in everyone, you haven't met everyone.
  IP Logged
rfw2003
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Yantis, TX
Re: Rotella vs Del Vac
Reply #1 - 09/01/12 at 17:22:19

Myself I don't trust Mobil on any oils.  They have a history of changing up the specs without notice very often.   Just because you find a VOA that says one thing, that doesn't mean what you buy today will match it.

When I was driving the big truck, I either used Rotella or chevron delo and always had good luck with those, and excellent UOA each time.

R.F.

1996 Savage, Corbin Seat, K&N filter, Slip Streamer Enterprise II windshield, LED bullet signals, Cat's eye LED tail light Ryca reverse cone long muffler
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #2 - 09/01/12 at 18:38:02

Tractor Supply has Rotella T for $13.00 every day.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #3 - 09/01/12 at 19:03:26

Wally has Rotella T for 2 cents cheaper than your Delvac price.

Here is the deal, both are very likely similar and are also both very likely "good HDEO dino oils".

But only one did the testing and certifying and approvals for wet clutch motorcycle use.

And, since they cost the exact same, so ........

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Reply #4 - 09/01/12 at 19:57:30

Gotcha

If you think there's good in everyone, you haven't met everyone.
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #5 - 09/01/12 at 20:19:23

If it was so much cheaper as to make me really want to buy it instead, Id be scared to use it. I KNow what Im getting when I grab the Rotella. & Im betting the lives of several engines on it.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #6 - 09/02/12 at 06:16:42

Gyrobob wrote on 09/01/12 at 17:13:16:
I am a Rotella user, to be sure, but in an Advanced Auto Parts store this evening I notice Delvac on sale for a really good price.  I did a quick yahoo search of "delvac motorcycle" and found a few places where motorcycle operators swear by this stuff much the same as we do by Rotella.  (aren't smartphones cool?!)

So,.. is this stuff as good as Rotella dino oil?  If so, this seems like a stinkin' good price.

http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh253/Gyrobob_theOriginal/Motorcycle/Misce...

http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh253/Gyrobob_theOriginal/Motorcycle/Misce...

Boy that oil is the cat's meow.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #7 - 09/02/12 at 09:00:25

bill67 wrote on 09/02/12 at 06:16:42:
Gyrobob wrote on 09/01/12 at 17:13:16:

Boy that oil is the cat's meow.

OK, we have once again caught Bill dark handed (not red handed as he is normally) as he has once again abandoned his Klotz, thrown it under the bus yet again while recommending yet another HDEO oil instead of Klotz.

Oh fickleness, thy name is Billum .....

He'd better watch out, after insults like that his old redhead is likely to go reformulate on him and go out and get her some new fresh spec'rs out of shear spite and on the hot piston rebound.

Great big ROBUST extra large dark HDEO spec'rs from the looks of things ....

Grin

...... that's OK Bill, your skinny blonde stalker girl with the steel plate in her head will still love you.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #8 - 09/02/12 at 09:50:14

...... that's OK Bill, your skinny blonde stalker girl with the steel plate in her head will still love you.

You DO know shes not really stalking him, right? She wouldnt be anywhere near him & he knows it, but he keeps that big magnet in his pocket so she will follow him around.

IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #9 - 09/02/12 at 10:39:44

Take that delvac add a tablespoon of zddt and tablespoon of wheat germ and you'll have that cat a purring.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #10 - 09/02/12 at 10:45:57

Good come back, Bill. Youre over due for a real side splitter tho,.,& Im in need of one,

IP Logged
SALB
Serious Thumper

FSO

Whittier, AK
Reply #11 - 09/04/12 at 11:37:00

I don't see a JASO MA designation?

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home