windscreens (Read 35 times)
Steampowered Boy
YaBB Newbies

Deny me and be
Doomed!!

Glendale, CA
windscreens
08/31/12 at 20:38:21

What's the suggestion on wind screens for a S40?  I'm in Los Angeles so it's mainly just to cut down on the force of the wind against me and maybe cut down on wind noise.

How other people treat you is their dharma; how you react is yours.
zombiematic digtldecay   IP Logged
rfw2003
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Yantis, TX
Re: windscreens
Reply #1 - 08/31/12 at 21:47:19

Windshields are very subjective to the person using them.  The biggest tips for you are, you really want one that is fork mounted and not bar mounted. Also if your one that prefers the larger more complete coverage windshield you don't want it to sit any higher then about your nose at the absolute highest.  Remember on a MC you look over the windshield not through it.  Myself I have a Slip Streamer Enterprise II and it's a very large windshield. It blocks a whole lot of wind, but there are times that I wish I didn't have it on there, like when the temps are in the high 90's and getting into the triple digits.  I blocks that much wind.  Also with one that big it effectively neuters the vents on a full face helmet.  Here lately I find myself using my spare passengers 1/2 helmet instead because of that.  I guess I'm gonna have to go out and buy me a 3/4 helmet in the near future.

R.F.

1996 Savage, Corbin Seat, K&N filter, Slip Streamer Enterprise II windshield, LED bullet signals, Cat's eye LED tail light Ryca reverse cone long muffler
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Re: windscreens
Reply #2 - 08/31/12 at 22:57:50

WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1