Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
What I posted on my Facebook page (Read 146 times)
Pine
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Mississippi, USA
What I posted on my Facebook page
08/30/12 at 06:08:14

I have decided... I cannot in good conscious vote the Republician nominee. This is too much. Anyone who tows the party line " Anyone to get Obama out" is wrong. VERY WRONG. Anyone that would partake in the very essence of evil that the Republician party has done, is far worse than anything Obama has or can do. The "party" has been great for Romney... but this election has destroyed any faith that MANY MANY people would for the "party". Only two types can vote for Romney, monied elite ... and fools.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: What I posted on my Facebook page
Reply #1 - 08/30/12 at 08:15:27

I agree that a vote for Romney is a bad vote, but I feel the same about Bammy. At least Romney wont have his "machine" set up when he gets in. Bammy has his & another 4 years of him will be very bad. Which will be worse? Your guess is as good as mine, If I bother to vote at all, Ill vote Libertarian or Ron Paul, but there is No Way Im gonna ASK someone to give me either one of the establishment creeps.,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #2 - 08/30/12 at 09:31:13

Good for you, Pine...
Sorry he's such a lousy candidate, but he truly is...
He's running on a platform that is opposite everything he's ever stood for...
Every solution he has, is explained with a vague, patriotic bumper sticker cliche'...
The only clear message I get is, lower taxes for the rich, and trickle down a solution...

I admired John McCain, until he ran.... then, he threw all his ideals away, and went lockstep with the radical party line.. all the while trying to retain his "maverick" status in name only...
He did, at least, correct a couple of Obama haters during his speeches...
That was the old McCain coming out...
Not that I agreed with him most of the time, but I believed he acted on principal...

Romney just wants to be President too much... He'll say or do anything he's told...

This election is the Republican party's dying gasp... It's the last election that they will have as a viable party...
They will either become more mainstream or die....
The demographic of the electorate has changed...
Every year, the number of young, educated, and minority grows...
... and the electorate shifts more liberal...
Rep's know, they can't win now, without a heavy handed voter suppression...
Romney was chosen for his ability to raise funds, instead of his ability to lead...
He's a puppet candidate, and would be a puppet president...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #3 - 08/30/12 at 09:44:55

Ron paul's idea about the bailout especially were spot on in 08. Why ?

Interest rates were near 5% and threatening to rise.
The euro was strong and threatening to become the world's currency of choice.

The smart $ was on lower debt and to cut govt and entitlements.
They started the tea party to save the rich from the problems brought on by a USD currency run.

Yet when Bush handed out the 1.5 trillion in bail outs he was credited with saving the economy. Obama handed out the last 800 billion of it and promptly got slammed for expanding government.

In 2012 the euro is on the verge of collapse.
There is no currency run on the USD, in fact the flight has been to USD, and effective interest rates have been -ve. 1.7% interest when inflation is near 5% is net -3%.

The smart thing to do when someone is paying you to take their $ is ... you guessed it - take it. Tea party and ron paul's idea now sounds badly out of tune.

However I do agree with RP's 17th amendment removal. Maybe that alone is enough to vote for RP ... however a Vote for RP is not a vote against RR (Ryan Romney). The whole TEA idea is completely out of time.

Where were they when the bushies went to war against 2 countries 1/2 way around the world on fake evidence.
Where were they when 1.5 trillion was handed out to Goldman Sachs via AIG, and other bank bail outs.

The euro is cooked, and over the next 4 years it will get worse, not better.
The USD is getting stronger and is even more firmly in place as the reserve currency, and there is no rick of USD becoming the next yen with a $$$ carry trade.
The interest rates are going to fall, china is slowing down, euro is cooked, and it will be cheaper and cheaper to borrow and inflation which is still bloody low isn;t going to rise any time soon either. -3% interest will become -4, and -5 ... borrow away.

Obama's big government and the infrastructure projects and public transit etc etc are all going to be the back bone of the new america ... I see the roads crumbling, bridges needing more maintenance etc etc ... we are better off doing it when china wants to give us $$$ in exchange for paper saying we owe you USD and pay us a 3% interest for keeping it.
I think Obama is more in tune with the reality of the world, I think Mitt would be if he wasn't shackled by the TEA party, and RP has 1 idea and no more aces in the hole. BTW you do know that RP is credited with starting the TEA party, but he has distanced himself from them in a hurry starting 10-11 right ?

I dunno the 17th amendment is one awful one, needs to be tossed IMHO. Or amended.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #4 - 08/30/12 at 09:56:04

I don't understand... what's the big deal with the 17th amendment?...
It just deals with the election of senators, right?...
Please explain... Huh...

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #5 - 08/30/12 at 09:57:50

The TEA party was coopted by neocons,, its nothing even cl;ose to what it was when it started.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #6 - 08/30/12 at 10:13:15

Serowbot wrote on 08/30/12 at 09:56:04:
I don't understand... what's the big deal with the 17th amendment?...
It just deals with the election of senators, right?...
Please explain... Huh...

No I thought the 17th grants citizenship by virtue of being born here, thereby spawning the anchor baby movement. In effect making people undeportable till the brats turn 18, and by that time the brats have worst of both, the work ethic of a modern day 18 year old and the skills of their parents.
Oddly enough 1/2 the babies born to American-Indian parents of my generation atleast are born in India. Like the mom when she's 2-3 months pregnant will go to india and return when the baby is 2-3 months old. My In laws were pestering my wife to do that instead of moving to NC from CA with me. Cos we at tha ttime had our green cards we could have done that, but we decided we are not.

Anyway only when the parents have legal status the baby should be given citizenship. If they were Illegal they should be given a hospital bill and only allowed to walk out of the hospital if they paid it. If nto they get deported. Right there baby and all.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #7 - 08/30/12 at 10:16:38

Romney just wants to be President too much... He'll say or do anything he's told...

This election is the Republican party's dying gasp... It's the last election that they will have as a viable party...
Romney was chosen for his ability to raise funds, instead of his ability to lead...

Geez... you guys are so freaking far out of touch with reality, it's comical..

Let's go back in time two years. In that election; Republicans had the largest one party gain since 1948. It was the biggest lost for a sitting president in 50+ years. One of the speakers last night was the first Latina elected governor. Another one became the first Indian-American elected governor, in fact, she was the first non-white male elected to governor in South Carolina. Republicans gained control over more state legislatures since 1928.

Fast foward two short years: Hopey's debt is skyrocketing out of control. Unemployment has gotten worse, not better. The entire hope and change BS has been exposed for what it was; sperficial nonsense hyped by a willing media. Hopey pushed thru a 2,000 page bill in the middle of the night with 0 input or votes from the other side. At every turn, he divides the nation based on class or race.

And you think this is the Republican's last gasp? Are you kidding? Is this where you put one of those goofy smiley faces with a puzzled look?

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #8 - 08/30/12 at 10:19:39

So sorry - google to the rescue -

The Fourteenth Amendment to the U. S. Constitution reads:

Section 1. All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws."

That should be predicated on the parents being here legally as Ron Paul sees it. And I agree.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #9 - 08/30/12 at 10:23:20

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 08/30/12 at 09:57:50:
The TEA party was coopted by neocons,, its nothing even cl;ose to what it was when it started.

Well if you call Grover Norquvist and the Koch brothers Neocons - then yes. I just call them super rich who want to stay that way by using the very catchy slogan based party.

TEA - man that sounds so cool and historic and precise and very catchy. And by contrast -

Occupy Wall street - sounds clunky and really really local to one small lane in one corner of the country.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #10 - 08/30/12 at 10:28:49

WebsterMark wrote on 08/30/12 at 10:16:38:
And you think this is the Republican's last gasp? Are you kidding? Is this where you put one of those goofy smiley faces with a puzzled look?

Who votes liberal?... the young,.. minorities,... single women,.. college educated...
All growing populations...

Who votes conservative?... middle aged white males... Southern evangelists,... and to some extent the elderly... and the 1% rich...

You're more outnumbered every election...

Srinath,.. it's the 14th amendment...
I get it now... Wink...

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #11 - 08/30/12 at 10:33:46

I agree with Web - man that felt weird ... here is why -

The republicans have an extremely well funded campaign thanks to the rich people who have handed them billions because they would be making billions when they are swept into office, they have redistricted their positions into where the loss margins are huge and the victory margins are small there by getting votes in crucial districts, and making more inroads into congress, and have clinched the bible belt with their strict adherence to the bible and they will outspend the democrats 10 to 1. The 2010 election was a good one to win @ the local and governer's levels for the GOP.

Then there is the voter suppression movement under the guise of fraud prevention.

The democrats I think are going to get waxed and I'd say its their fault. They were caught napping @ the 2010 local elections, fundraising (no chance anyway here) and seriously they mis handled the occupy wall street situation as well. They should have atleast prevented security from tearing the encampments down.

I thing democrats have a 10yr hiatus now.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #12 - 08/30/12 at 10:39:57

the young,.. minorities,... single women,.. college educated...

not to the degree they did in 2008. They were fooled and they know it.
All those groups are not lining up behind Hopey in November. They just are not going to do it. Your days of counting on stupid voters are over.
The economy has caused many of those groups to grow up, get a little smarter. They are realizing liberals bring a small part of what's needed to the table, but ultimately, it's the grownups who are needed right now. Sorry, but Hopeys going to be a one termer.

I don't think Romney will be able to erase obamacare, (regardless of what he says)  but they'll change enough of it that we'll get back on firm footing to start some real healthcare change. The fact is; Democrats are going to have to change from the mean spirited race baiters they are to a group that has some answers other than tax the rich.  Money will start easing up from corporations who don't trust Hopey and there will begin a slow turnaround.

IP Logged
Pine
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Mississippi, USA
Reply #13 - 08/30/12 at 10:49:17

Geez... you guys are so freaking far out of touch with reality, it's comical..

Let's go back in time two years. In that election; Republicans had the largest one party gain since 1948. It was the biggest lost for a sitting president in 50+ years. One of the speakers last night was the first Latina elected governor. Another one became the first Indian-American elected governor, in fact, she was the first non-white male elected to governor in South Carolina. Republicans gained control over more state legislatures since 1928.

Fast foward two short years: Hopey's debt is skyrocketing out of control. Unemployment has gotten worse, not better. The entire hope and change BS has been exposed for what it was; sperficial nonsense hyped by a willing media. Hopey pushed thru a 2,000 page bill in the middle of the night with 0 input or votes from the other side. At every turn, he divides the nation based on class or race.

As a former republician... yes. The party has gone too far. More than likely there will be a split, otherwise it will simply diminish. Those in power of the RNC, are there for the power only, zero principles. Its a harsh tactic.. I am being taught how this all works myself. Basically, we had one guy go to lobbiest school.

For example:
All politicans fit in model
100% agree with your ideals
50% agree with your ideals
0 neither agree nor disagree
50% disagree
100% disagree

Old school thining would be to try and convince the bottom three to change.

New school is to harrass the only the second group ( 50% agree). make them either fit the top tier, or retaliate and work to make them loose to one of the bottom three.  This scares them .. and the top to stay in line. It also casts fear on the 0 group.  The bottom two dont care and will benfit from the tactic, short term.

This is what the RNC is doing to itself. Either you support Romney, or your out... period.

This will cull all those not willing to be 100%. But it does so at the expense of the overall party... it creates that situation that could not otherwise create itself ... groundswell support for a third party, either by splitting off, or new.

interesting time ahead...

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #14 - 08/30/12 at 10:50:58

srinath wrote on 08/30/12 at 10:33:46:
I thing democrats have a 10yr hiatus now.

Cool.
Srinath.

Geez... I sure hope you're wrong...
Ten more years of rich tax cuts and unfunded war, and we're toast...
We'll be up to 100 million uninsured,.. all safety nets will be gone...

Web,.. you mean Romney won't be able to stop, Romneycare?...
Grin Grin Grin...

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/14/24 at 12:23:20

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › What I posted on my Facebook page

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.