Send Topic Print
Helmet (Read 187 times)
Arizuno

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Prescott, AZ
Helmet
08/27/12 at 20:18:30

As I've expressed here befor my favorite local ride is right out my front door, Rt. 89 south out of Prescott, AZ.

This past weekend that road was the scene of a motorcycle fatality. A Ducati rider (operating beyond his skill level?) crossed into the opposite lane, colliding with a Harley rider. Ducati rider and Harley passenger, both wearing helmets, survived. Harley rider, not wearing helmet, died of severe head injuries.

Lessons:

1. It's really difficult to see through a mountain or around a blind curve.

2. Wear your darn helmet.

White '07, OEM wind screen, 1" seat lift, re-shaped OEM seat, seat beads, TKat, Dyna muffler (Serowbot), Raptor petcock, seat pins (Verslagen1), Big Crank.
  IP Logged
runwyrlph
Serious Thumper

Semper ubi sub ubi

pa
Re: Helmet
Reply #1 - 08/27/12 at 20:49:18

Arizuno wrote on 08/27/12 at 20:18:30:
(operating beyond his skill level?)

Question mark not necessary

Yep, even if your line on the curve is perfect some squid, pickup, or deer might ruin your day in a hurry

2007 s40 -stock -white spacer out -repaired to rideable condition!
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #2 - 08/27/12 at 22:03:54

+1,.. Yup, yup...  we like of the helmet...
My brain is my second favourite organ... Yup, yup... Huh...

Bug catcher, wind catcher, brain cushion, face cushion...  goes right up there with smoke alarm in the hallway,... and don't eat blue food...
Wink...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #3 - 08/27/12 at 22:15:47

except for blueberries

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
MarcosS40

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

N. Central PA.
Reply #4 - 08/28/12 at 03:28:49

Serowbot wrote on 08/27/12 at 22:03:54:
+1,..
My brain is my second favourite organ... Yup, yup... Huh

Grin  ++1

IP Logged
ToesNose
Serious Thumper

Pardon me, do you
have Hot Sauce?

Mooresville, NC
Reply #5 - 08/28/12 at 04:24:30

When I was young dumb and full of *** I used to ride sans helmet or just a skull cap, never again it's just not worth it  Wink  You may be the best rider in the world, but you can never control what the other guy will do.

I saw an accident a few days ago while driving in my suv.  I was behind a car on a two lane cut through street, as we passed a side street the car at the stop sign which was completely stoped suddenly floored it and completely totaled the toyata corolla infront of me. I still can't fathom how she mangled that car in the 15 feet she had to go from completely stoped to contact and the car infront of me was going less then 30 MPH. Ofcourse a teenage girl popped out of the car that caused the crash with a cell phone in hand   Angry  I'm sure it was either attached to her ear or she was texting......sigh

@Serowbot- wasn't it the Red food dye that was bad for you when we were kids?   Cheesy

The Suzuki LS650, bringing Miles of Smiles everywhere!
  IP Logged
Greg
Serious Thumper

Molon Labe

Southeast PA, uSA
Reply #6 - 08/28/12 at 04:28:35

Is it safe to assume the Harley passenger was wearing a half helmet?

2002 Savage.
WWW   IP Logged
Arizuno

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Prescott, AZ
Reply #7 - 08/28/12 at 08:25:12

Greg wrote on 08/28/12 at 04:28:35:

Chances are, but I don't know. If so,she's lucky her neck didn't snap.

White '07, OEM wind screen, 1" seat lift, re-shaped OEM seat, seat beads, TKat, Dyna muffler (Serowbot), Raptor petcock, seat pins (Verslagen1), Big Crank.
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #8 - 08/28/12 at 08:35:07

ToesNose wrote on 08/28/12 at 04:24:30:
When I was young dumb and full of *** I used to ride sans helmet or just a skull cap, never again it's just not worth it  Wink  You may be the best rider in the world, but you can never control what the other guy will do.

I saw an accident a few days ago while driving in my suv.  I was behind a car on a two lane cut through street, as we passed a side street the car at the stop sign which was completely stoped suddenly floored it and completely totaled the toyata corolla infront of me. I still can't fathom how she mangled that car in the 15 feet she had to go from completely stoped to contact and the car infront of me was going less then 30 MPH. Ofcourse a teenage girl popped out of the car that caused the crash with a cell phone in hand   Angry  I'm sure it was either attached to her ear or she was texting......sigh

@Serowbot- wasn't it the Red food dye that was bad for you when we were kids?   Cheesy

& Ive recently been toying with the idea of keeping the Kawasaki,, & then I see this..IMO, the danger level has increased substantially since cell phones came out. Maybe the numbers dont back that up, IDK, but getting plowed by an idiot texting like that would be just about impossible to avoid,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
ToesNose
Serious Thumper

Pardon me, do you
have Hot Sauce?

Mooresville, NC
Reply #9 - 08/28/12 at 09:02:45

Agreed JOG we can all be alert, ride within our abilities and reduce the chances of an accident, but sometimes there is nothing you can do   :'(

The Suzuki LS650, bringing Miles of Smiles everywhere!
  IP Logged
Greg
Serious Thumper

Molon Labe

Southeast PA, uSA
Reply #10 - 08/28/12 at 09:22:13

Arizuno wrote on 08/28/12 at 08:25:12:
Greg wrote on 08/28/12 at 04:28:35:

Chances are, but I don't know. If so,she's lucky her neck didn't snap.

I wanted to make a point that because you wear a half helmet you are not inviting death. I am also going to assume the Ducati rider was wearing a full face helmet. They had equal outcomes.

2002 Savage.
WWW   IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #11 - 08/28/12 at 10:01:46

Greg wrote on 08/28/12 at 09:22:13:
I wanted to make a point that because you wear a half helmet you are not inviting death. I am also going to assume the Ducati rider was wearing a full face helmet. They had equal outcomes.

... but the Duc rider still has a face... Huh...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Greg
Serious Thumper

Molon Labe

Southeast PA, uSA
Reply #12 - 08/28/12 at 10:03:33

Serowbot wrote on 08/28/12 at 10:01:46:

I am assuming the HD passenger was female. Perhaps no face is an improvement?  Shocked

2002 Savage.
WWW   IP Logged
Arizuno

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Prescott, AZ
Reply #13 - 08/28/12 at 14:53:43

[quote author=3633343F3832510 link=1346123910/0#12 date=1346173413]Serowbot wrote on 08/28/12 at 10:01:46:

News article didn't describe injuries, only helmet/non-helmet use and consequences. Perhaps the widow's face was protected by her late husband's back...

IP Logged
cowboy

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #14 - 08/28/12 at 21:05:46

this summer my nephew was here. he 18 me 59 so i let him use the savage all summer. one rule wear a full face helmet. it was brand new. so i caught him down town with no helmet. so no bike for a week. me bad mean uncle. better than calling his mom and telling her your son is dead.  Sad

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/01/24 at 15:28:17

General CategoryThe Cafe › Helmet

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.