Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Main jet not going back in (Read 84 times)
BOBD

Blacklick, Ohio
Main jet not going back in
08/27/12 at 10:46:49

Hi new guy here, must be stupid, can't put main jet back where it came from. I have replaced jets in a Yamaha 250 and a Yamaha 650 without any problems.I am having trouble putting the main jet in my Suzuki s40 with a BS40 carb.. It will not catch the threads and keeps falling out. The main jet has a washer with it and will not go on with washer, but will go in without the washer. Will not run that way. I think I know what the BS in BS40 stands for.Does anybody know what i am doing wrong? Should go back into where it came from right. It is the same jet I took out I am trying to put back. Angry

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Re: Main jet not going back in
Reply #1 - 08/27/12 at 11:21:08

Going from memory here,.. but,..
The main jet actually screws into a brass sleeve (needle jet) that the jet needle moves up and down in...
It sounds like maybe, this sleeve is turning in the hole... I don't remember if it is pinned or screwed in place...
Sorry, I'm not able to be more specific... I can't remember on this specific carb...
You may need to push the sleeve down from the top to get the main to contact it...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
BOBD

Blacklick, Ohio
Reply #2 - 08/27/12 at 11:39:34

Thanks for the reply.  That may be what is happening, but I didn't want to take the top off carb. I guess i will have to remove gas tank to get to it, right?

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #3 - 08/27/12 at 11:55:52

No you should be able to reach in from the inlet side and put your finger on the top of the needle jet.  Not sure cause I've never had one loose.

might be easier to take the carb out though.

WWW   IP Logged
LouSiana

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Hannover, Germany
Reply #4 - 08/27/12 at 12:14:28

maybe the needle jet has come up a little bit, so the thread of the main jet does not reach into the thread of the needle jet. Try to screw in the main jet without the washer and pull down gently. If it comes down, try again with the washer on. Usually the main jet holds the needle jet in position...

IP Logged
BOBD

Blacklick, Ohio
Reply #5 - 08/27/12 at 17:05:35

Thanks everyone. I took the tank off and then took the top of the carb off. Held down the part from the top while I screwed in the main jet. It worked. I believe I will stick to stock jets and stock muffler and just run quiet. Don't care to do that crap again.  It has enough get up and go for this old fart. I did put in a K&N filter though. Thanks Serowbot, you're idea worked great, but never want to do it again. Thanks again

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/10/24 at 11:54:57

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Main jet not going back in

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.