Halvors O2 tuning (Read 1882 times)
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: Halvors O2 tuning
Reply #45 - 09/09/12 at 07:16:43

The lean condition has a time delay.

Yea, well,, seems to me that kind of stuff otta be pretty much immediate, since, supposedly, the air fuel mixture is set once the slide reaches the top.

That would make me doubt fuel delivery is up to the task.,

Have you pulled the petcock & looked at the screen filter?

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Halvor

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Norway
Reply #46 - 09/09/12 at 07:36:09

Thats what I had in mind. Will do now.

Savage 96, Enfield muffler. Lowered forks. Progressive springs Drag bar. big head light. GL1000 fender. small back light. Black. mini turn lamps, vm36 180-20. o2 sensor ! K&N
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #47 - 09/09/12 at 10:28:42

Dont take this the wrong way,, but I hope its kinda nasty..

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Halvor

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Norway
Reply #48 - 09/09/12 at 11:53:31

I hoped to. But It wasent

Savage 96, Enfield muffler. Lowered forks. Progressive springs Drag bar. big head light. GL1000 fender. small back light. Black. mini turn lamps, vm36 180-20. o2 sensor ! K&N
  IP Logged
Charon
Serious Thumper

Harvard, NE
Reply #49 - 09/09/12 at 16:01:45

I have never taken the carburetor apart, so cannot vouch for this. But the picture in the Clymer manual shows a filter in the carburetor itself, apparently located just above the float needle seat. There is no mention that I can find in the text, either, so I have no idea how to get it out.

Eschew obfuscation.

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #50 - 09/09/12 at 16:59:14

Charon wrote on 09/09/12 at 16:01:45:
I have never taken the carburetor apart, so cannot vouch for this. But the picture in the Clymer manual shows a filter in the carburetor itself, apparently located just above the float needle seat. There is no mention that I can find in the text, either, so I have no idea how to get it out.

It comes out with the float valve seat.

WWW   IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #51 - 09/09/12 at 22:28:39

Well,, Halvor,, Id have to do a flow test. Id pull the hose off the carb & put it in a jar & set the petcock to Prime & see how it flows.
Then, Id do it again with the cap off the tank.,

Its not normal to wish for a dirty screen in the tank,.,but it would have been good news here..

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #52 - 09/10/12 at 07:30:47

verslagen1 wrote on 09/09/12 at 16:59:14:
Charon wrote on 09/09/12 at 16:01:45:

It comes out with the float valve seat.

Well Dang.......Why haven't I heard of this before? Shocked

This tiny little filter could cause a lot of problems if dirty.

Here is a link to the parts list.....the filter is # 20.
http://www.hondaofflorence.com/fiche_section_detail.asp?section=432120&catego...

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Halvor

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Norway
Reply #53 - 09/10/12 at 09:54:02

I took out the drainage and used pri. THe gas flowed through. I doubt theres restrictions somewhere. THere were allso some particles coming out, I do not know where they came from. Maybe from the drainage treads, or if I am lucky, from the needle valve.

I will check the bowl level to. I just need to find a plastic tube...
Cheesy

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #54 - 09/10/12 at 10:09:54

It's not a filter but a screen for larger debris items that may get to the carb if you do not have a proper fuel filter in your fuel line.
I've never had any junk show up in that little "filter" SCREEN when a proper fuel filter is used.

Quote:
Well Dang.......Why haven't I heard of this before? Shocked

This tiny little filter could cause a lot of problems

IP Logged
Halvor

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Norway
Reply #55 - 09/10/12 at 12:03:27

Hello again. I took aout the little filter. It was some particles there, but not enough to stop anything. I allso measured the bowl level and adjusted slightly for a bit higher level. But no big change.

I went for a test drive. THe bike runs so well on the lower circuits. It is a pleasure to drive it. Cruising 100kmh gives 12-12,5 o2. Very good. But when I twist the throttle it it climbs fast to 18,5. THe light is red and I do not like it. What can happend with the engine on this lean mix? I do not want to find out.

I fillrd the tank full allso. But no difference. I feel that the KN is the problem and I will try to modify the filter with a tube between the carb and the KN. Tongue

bowl.jpg

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #56 - 09/10/12 at 12:29:10

If it takes less time for it to go lean when its full than when its low on gas,that would make me look at the cap vent.

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #57 - 09/10/12 at 12:49:43

Well this might be a good way to get hurt......but is there any way to watch the level of the fuel in the tube while you are riding?  Maybe with a camera?

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #58 - 09/10/12 at 20:19:13

Anybody know what kinda MPG this thing gets ay 70? 40 MPG @ 60 MPH,,lets say.. so, it'll need to pass 1.5 gallons thru the carb in an hour. Thats 6 quarts in 60 minutes, or, a quart every 10 minutes,,& thats at 40 MPG,, @ 60 MPH,, Naaaah..
I cant imagine fuel flow being so restricted that it simply wont keep up, Unless, the cap is messed up.

Id pull the hose off the carb & put it into something large, but transparent or translucent & let a full tank start to drain. Let it go for a while, see if it slows.. then, pop the cap & see if it speeds up.

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #59 - 09/10/12 at 21:13:13

Halvor wrote on 09/10/12 at 12:03:27:
Hello again. I took aout the little filter. It was some particles there, but not enough to stop anything. I allso measured the bowl level and adjusted slightly for a bit higher level. But no big change.

I went for a test drive. THe bike runs so well on the lower circuits. It is a pleasure to drive it. Cruising 100kmh gives 12-12,5 o2. Very good. But when I twist the throttle it it climbs fast to 18,5. THe light is red and I do not like it. What can happend with the engine on this lean mix? I do not want to find out.

I fillrd the tank full allso. But no difference. I feel that the KN is the problem and I will try to modify the filter with a tube between the carb and the KN. Tongue

Check the cap, that's a good suggestion.

but I think the level is a bit high... er low... or ya gotta learn to ride right side up!   Grin

WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 9
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/29/24 at 14:35:38

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Halvors O2 tuning

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.