Send Topic Print
Halvors O2 tuning (Read 1882 times)
Halvor

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Norway
Re: Halvors O2 tuning
Reply #120 - 08/28/13 at 06:14:05

I changed sensor today. The ceramic internal in the old was in several pieces. I got some very good measurements with the new sensor. I think my old measurements was wrong becauce of the sensor. I allways got hughe numbers on WOT before.

Maybe all the testing had destroyed it. All the backfires and black smoking etc etc.

It showed 10,5 on idle 11-12 on cruising and 12-14 on WOT. On sudden opening the throttle (VM 36), I had 1/2 secound 18, then 2-3 secounds around 15, before stabilizing on 12-14. I guess it is the lack of acceleration pump on the vm.

Savage 96, Enfield muffler. Lowered forks. Progressive springs Drag bar. big head light. GL1000 fender. small back light. Black. mini turn lamps, vm36 180-20. o2 sensor ! K&N
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #121 - 08/28/13 at 07:04:43

I get the same slightly lean condition as you open the throttle slide.....and it does stabilize once the vacuum catches up and becomes steady state.  I do agree that the lack of an accelerator pump is the issue, and that it is normal for a carb to be slightly lean just after the throttle is opened.  It does run great however, and I don't see any reason to overcompensate by jetting any richer or changing carbs to one with an accelerator pump.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Halvor

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Norway
Reply #122 - 08/28/13 at 08:41:53

I agree. It is just the facination about exactly monitor whats going on and learn more about the combustion. After this jetting-process, I have learned a lot.

I am able to hear when it is lean or rich. And feel the heat from the engine to determine rich/lean conditions. A bit lean conditions feels like the engine is burning, rich - thumping. When you are between those stages - go down one size and enter the zone of burning, but not far from thumping. THats optimum.  I am back to feelings again, but it is good to confirm the jetting with the O2 meter.   CoolGrin

Savage 96, Enfield muffler. Lowered forks. Progressive springs Drag bar. big head light. GL1000 fender. small back light. Black. mini turn lamps, vm36 180-20. o2 sensor ! K&N
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/29/24 at 12:27:54

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Halvors O2 tuning

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.