Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
WOW, Romney admits it!!!! (Read 221 times)
Retread

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: WOW, Romney admits it!!!!
Reply #15 - 08/25/12 at 09:34:31

I will address that as fellow Vet (Welcome home Tizz.) .. The so-called entitlements illegals get is a very small piece of the pie, right now illegal imigration is at a standstill. Illegal imigrant entitlement is zero, they are not entitled to anything except emergency care.. Some do use the the system get basic needs, but most work at jobs no one else wants, and try to stay under the radar..

As far as GE not paying taxes, they have found a nitch in wind power and reap the tax benefits from manufacter of alternative energy.. It has nothing to do with "Being friends" with anyone..

EVERY social program, tax code, and entitlement (darn I hate that word) program, has a loophole for abuse, fraud, and excess. But where I see massive abuse is not with some illegal getting a broken arm splinted, but with a politician being handed free healthcare for life. Or when billions of untraced money can go into those 20 sec sound bites you speak of, while people are going hungry in the streets... Thats not just abuse, thats a sin....

Used to look like a Greek God, now I look like a darned Greek!
  IP Logged
tizzyfit

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #16 - 08/25/12 at 13:02:48

Retread wrote on 08/25/12 at 09:34:31:
 I will address that as fellow Vet (Welcome home Tizz.) .. The so-called entitlements illegals get is a very small piece of the pie, right now illegal imigration is at a standstill. Illegal imigrant entitlement is zero, they are not entitled to anything except emergency care.. Some do use the the system get basic needs, but most work at jobs no one else wants, and try to stay under the radar..

As far as GE not paying taxes, they have found a nitch in wind power and reap the tax benefits from manufacter of alternative energy.. It has nothing to do with "Being friends" with anyone..

EVERY social program, tax code, and entitlement (darn I hate that word) program, has a loophole for abuse, fraud, and excess. But where I see massive abuse is not with some illegal getting a broken arm splinted, but with a politician being handed free healthcare for life. Or when billions of untraced money can go into those 20 sec sound bites you speak of, while people are going hungry in the streets... Thats not just abuse, thats a sin....

Retread, THANKS for the Welcome Home!  For me, it wasn't until AFTER the 1st Gulf war that a local high school honored all the local Vet's from WWII forward.  I sincerely hope your community is more patriotic.
I don't care how small of a piece of the pie ILLEGALS get!  That money and those services NEED to be directed at American's in need. Please go to the nearest hospital E/R and spend some time, what you'll see are ILLEGALS taking advantage of the system.  They can't be turned away but they pay ZERO!  Please, check with any of the admitting personnel, they will explain the procedures used.  Believe me, EVERYONE else, with or without insurance is paying more than they should in order to make up for these parasites.  After you've left the E/R head to Wally World, those debit cards these illegals are using are Government Issue and get a monthly contribution.  School will be starting again very soon, try stopping by any school in your community, what you'll find, depending on where you live, are children of illegals enrolled, attending class, receiving free breakfasts and lunches, all on the taxpayers back.  How would you like to be a teacher, who isn't bilingual, trying to teach kids who have no interest in learning English?
"Jobs no one else wants"?????  Are you suggesting these parasites in the construction trades are taking jobs no one wants?  How about all the lawn care illegals?  I don't know about you but when I was in Jr Hi and Hi School, I'd mow lawns, pick fruit, and basically do anything I could to earn some spending money so your assertion "jobs no one else wants" doesn't ring true. The unemployment rate for kids 16-25 is over 26% and if you happen to be African-American, the unemployment rate is close to 50%!  The real issue is, THEY ARE HERE ILLEGALLY and need to be deported! The United States of America has very specific rules in place regarding citizenship and/or temporary work permits.  If these people aren't following OUR laws, they need to be deported, period.
As for G.E.'s "nitch".........Do you realize how much money G.E. spends on tax advisor's and CPA's?  Further, the reality is, their earnings OUTSIDE the United States remains off-shore so they don't have to pay tax on those profits.  Do you realize, in the past 2 years, G.E. has closed the remaining light bulb factories in Virginia and moved that core business to China?  Thousand of jobs were lost.  Did you realize G.E. closed 3 manufacturing facilities in Wisconsin, all very high tech positions involved in the CAT SCAN business.  Over 10,000 middle class/ upper middle class jobs lost to China.
The fact every government agency has fraud/corruption is not acceptable!  Precisely the reason we need smaller government!  When someone in the private sector steals from our citizens, they are arrested, go to trial, if found guilty, go to jail and pay restitution.  Why are government employees exempt from the same standard(s)?

IP Logged
Retread

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #17 - 08/25/12 at 13:57:28

I got no honors for my time in country.. Don't want one, don't need one, it was my duty to serve and I volunteered to do so.. When I got out I was hoping this nation wouldn't make the same mistake again.. I was wrong...

I think you are mistaking poor Mexican/American citizens for illegals.. I have many friends and family in the medical community, nurses, doctors, and even billing agents.. If you are here illegally you are NOT entitled to Medicaid, Medicare, Welfare, foodstamps, or any other benefit we as citizens are provided.. PERIOD! Yes, they can get emergency care, but that is all, they will be kicked out on their ears as soon as they are stabilized..

Most every kid I know won't touch a job for less than minimum wage, and would faint dead away if they had to pick vegetables in the fields.. I did when I was sixteen and was very happy to go back to shoveling cow crap at the local milkbarn after..

Myself I am happy to educate children of illegals, would rather have them in school than on the streets... And at least they are learning english... Then you have to ask, what is cheaper giving these kids green cards and allowing them to go to school, serve in our military, or deporting them? Before you answer, think, THREE million!  I thinks you may be a little pissed at the Mexicans?

Your exagerating on many fronts Tizz, first EVERY large corporation out there has an Army of tax lawyers on the books.. Second the light bulb operation was a small fraction of their workforce, many of those employees were transfered to other operations..

I get a kick out of people and their smaller government wishes.. Don't ever elect someone to government who wants smaller government, maybe they should cut their own position? A government grows with population, it provides services, such as clean water, sewer, roads, schools, and other items.. Spend some time where there is no government, then get back to me about how our government is too large..

And the last item, really? It all depends how much money you have, if you have swindled people out of millions and still have a few million, you get a slap on the hand, and some time at club Hilton.. If you are poor and steal a $200 TV set, you go to jail for twenty years in the worst hell hole they can find...

IP Logged
tizzyfit

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #18 - 08/25/12 at 16:34:12

tizzyfit wrote on 08/25/12 at 13:02:48:
Retread wrote on 08/25/12 at 09:34:31:

Retread, THANKS for the Welcome Home!  For me, it wasn't until AFTER the 1st Gulf war that a local high school honored all the local Vet's from WWII forward.  I sincerely hope your community is more patriotic.
I don't care how small of a piece of the pie ILLEGALS get!  That money and those services NEED to be directed at American's in need. Please go to the nearest hospital E/R and spend some time, what you'll see are ILLEGALS taking advantage of the system.  They can't be turned away but they pay ZERO!  Please, check with any of the admitting personnel, they will explain the procedures used.  Believe me, EVERYONE else, with or without insurance is paying more than they should in order to make up for these parasites.  After you've left the E/R head to Wally World, those debit cards these illegals are using are Government Issue and get a monthly contribution.  School will be starting again very soon, try stopping by any school in your community, what you'll find, depending on where you live, are children of illegals enrolled, attending class, receiving free breakfasts and lunches, all on the taxpayers back.  How would you like to be a teacher, who isn't bilingual, trying to teach kids who have no interest in learning English?
"Jobs no one else wants"?????  Are you suggesting these parasites in the construction trades are taking jobs no one wants?  How about all the lawn care illegals?  I don't know about you but when I was in Jr Hi and Hi School, I'd mow lawns, pick fruit, and basically do anything I could to earn some spending money so your assertion "jobs no one else wants" doesn't ring true. The unemployment rate for kids 16-25 is over 26% and if you happen to be African-American, the unemployment rate is close to 50%!  The real issue is, THEY ARE HERE ILLEGALLY and need to be deported! The United States of America has very specific rules in place regarding citizenship and/or temporary work permits.  If these people aren't following OUR laws, they need to be deported, period.
As for G.E.'s "nitch".........Do you realize how much money G.E. spends on tax advisor's and CPA's?  Further, the reality is, their earnings OUTSIDE the United States remains off-shore so they don't have to pay tax on those profits.  Do you realize, in the past 2 years, G.E. has closed the remaining light bulb factories in Virginia and moved that core business to China?  Thousand of jobs were lost.  Did you realize G.E. closed 3 manufacturing facilities in Wisconsin, all very high tech positions involved in the CAT SCAN business.  Over 10,000 middle class/ upper middle class jobs lost to China.
The fact every government agency has fraud/corruption is not acceptable!  Precisely the reason we need smaller government!  When someone in the private sector steals from our citizens, they are arrested, go to trial, if found guilty, go to jail and pay restitution.  Why are government employees exempt from the same standard(s)?

Retread,
This is totally pointless to continue.  All I can say is, if you honestly believe the drivel your spewing, you live in a different world than what I encounter on a daily basis here in Auburn, WA.
A final thought, all those ILLEGALS you seem to feel are all of your responsibility to support on some basis or another,if your unwilling to demand they be deported,  why don't you and the rest of the liberals adopt them so the rest of us tax payers can devote our energies to the Active duty military personnel, their families and the Vets that need our financial assistance.

IP Logged
Retread

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #19 - 08/25/12 at 16:47:35

It is pointless, I live in the midst of an abundance of illegals here in southern Colorado, they are good people for the most part, and pay taxes on what they earn and spend. Just hard working people, who want nothing more than to make a living, and would like nothing more than a clear path to citizenship.. I admit there are bad people to, but from experience I can say there are good and bad in every group of people on this earth. Its not drivel, just trying to be honest with you..

As far as the military goes, I wish our boys could come home, and I also wish this nation paid as much attention to peace as it does war.. To taking care of the existing Vets instead of welcome home partys and monuments would be a start...

IP Logged
Midnightrider
Serious Thumper

Alliance Member

Winston Salem, NC
Reply #20 - 08/25/12 at 17:14:58

Welcome home tizzyfit! Many thanks for your service.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #21 - 08/25/12 at 21:42:52

Its niche

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Retread

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #22 - 08/25/12 at 21:47:18

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 08/25/12 at 21:42:52:
Its niche

Thanks JOG, I get carried away sometimes..

IP Logged
Drifter

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #23 - 08/26/12 at 05:07:58

Romney and his ilk have a rigged system in their favor you have to be a major player with millions to even qualify for the tax evasion loopholes. Remember only the little people pay taxes...that means You and me!

NOTHING would get done in south florida without them period. They are human beings doing work here under conditions whites and blacks wont do many are little more than slaves. They are not worthless parasites as the right wing portrays them most are very hard working people that love their familys, while trying to provide a better life for them.  Really!!!

We send more money to israel egypt iraq all the stan countrys than all the emergency visits from....mexicans combined. They are human beings doing work here that whites and blacks wont do.

My generation of vets got spit on were banned from several of the local bars, because the rednecks and others wanted to beat our ass...and some cases kill us...the local paper never even mentioned me. Im way past all of that in my head the scars never go away that is why i have learned to open my eyes and be objective and form my own opinions about other BS wars and Lies like iraq.....iran.. Sad
Glad your home tizzy, i hope as time passes your mind will open as well as your heart, enough to see things from a different perspective!   Peace!!!

« Last Edit: 08/27/12 at 04:52:16 by Drifter »  
  IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #24 - 08/26/12 at 06:13:04

WebsterMark wrote on 08/25/12 at 06:06:38:
Now I know where the phrase re-arranging deck chairs on the Titanic comes from....

Hopey’s been around almost 4 years now and everything’s gotten worse, nothing better.

Sorry I dont think everything has got worse - Just for my point of view -
My life has improved tremendously since 08 - not sure if Obama policies had anything to do with it, but I can tell you the much larger safety net of unemployment and the ability to get house payments from the govt if I was unemployed for long was an added bonus I have never used ... well I guess I am paying for it via payroll taxes ... however I have not been unemployed for long periods since 08 and I have not moved either since march 08.
I have never seen $4 gas since 05-06 - sadly that has ruined my bike sales ... $3+ yes, not $4 ... 08's gas spike was bad, and so were the shortages though.

Interest rates on the debt in real terms are negative now, we can run up deficits all year, year over year ... no issues. If the rates go up (not likely in the next decade - there is no other currency waiting to take the place of the USD) - deficits are essentially irrelevant. Dollar designated debt and dropping interest rates ... easy. Obama adding to the debt, makes no difference, he can add @ 10X the rate and it wont matter till the interest rates climb.
Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
Trippah
Serious Thumper

I ride, therefore I
am.

central Mass
Reply #25 - 08/26/12 at 20:39:24

The companies in the US have reportedly the largest cash stash in history.  They could be hiring but, that would make Obama more popular so they will waite out the election.  If you don't think that 90% of the people making the hiring decisions  are not Republicans, you are off planet.  The AMA hates Obama care.. if they are required to take everyone at medicaid prices vs their own estimate of worth, they feel they will lose million (and I suspect they are right).  The present Hospitals must see emergency cases is a hiddden tax on us all, as well as clogging an ER system.  Who do you think pays for the Er, the taxpayers.  Illegal aliens are expensive, both to medical systems and schools but since our borders are so porus, it really is a red herring which cannot be cheaply fixed.
The history of the US in taking care of its vets is I feel quite poor.  Most of the homeless (up to this financial fiasco) were Vets who would not or could not accept psychiatric help.  Now we will have a large number of traumatized vets from Iraq and afghan tours who will just not be healthy..it is sad.  Thankfully, our war machine is already gearing up for Iran (possible mushroom people) who are no direct threat to the US but perhaps some allied nations Israel and Saudia Arabia for starters.  Oh well, better we spend billions killing people than billions getting medicine to our own people. Cool

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #26 - 08/27/12 at 05:46:21

The history of the US in taking care of its vets is I feel quite poor

...and now you want the US taking over healthcare for everyone?....

What makes you think they won't screw that up as well? In fact, point me to situations from the past where US government bureaucrats took control of a large section of the US economy and made it better than what private industry was doing?

IP Logged
Retread

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #27 - 08/27/12 at 06:45:27

WebsterMark wrote on 08/27/12 at 05:46:21:
The history of the US in taking care of its vets is I feel quite poor

...and now you want the US taking over healthcare for everyone?....

What makes you think they won't screw that up as well? In fact, point me to situations from the past where US government bureaucrats took control of a large section of the US economy and made it better than what private industry was doing?

Actually the VA is doing much better in many areas, it is much better than what it was back in the 70's.. The backlogs are a result of funding cuts and a overwhelming amount of new claims. I could name you many things that the government has not screwed up, but your obtuse views cannot wrap itself around the total scope.. Here are a few that have worked for millions of people over many decades, SS, Medicare, the FAA, EPA, Health depts, DOT, and many other government services..

When they do get screwed up is when Loudmouth politicians start messing with them thinking private industry can do better! Example the Post Office, it was making money until congress decided they had to have fifty years of retirement funds for people they have not even hired yet!!! Or when the politicians decide these services are over budget and start cutting, example- go try to renew a drivers license, or get one of those picture ID's you need to vote with... Angry

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #28 - 08/27/12 at 07:42:06

I could name you many things that the government has not screwed up, but your obtuse views cannot wrap itself around the total scope.. Here are a few that have worked for millions of people over many decades, SS, Medicare, the FAA, EPA, Health depts, DOT, and many other government services..

My obtuse views?... okay, lets see:

SS: bankrupt. Started out as supplement for those at the very bottom of the income scale and has morphed into a unsustainable Ponzi scheme. Governement took the funds from SS taxes and spent elsewhere dramatically expanding the size of government. Now when bills come due from SS, they borrow the money and put IOUs into SS fund. Failure
Medicare: expanding rapidly and again, fiscally unattainable. Fraud and abuse abound. Failure
FAA: I have no idea. If Reagan hadn’t broken up the union, who knows what would have happened. I’ll call it moderate success but not going to take the time to investigate. However, this is a pretty darn small operation.
EPA: oh good Lord what a screw up this is. Being used by bureaucrats to enforce all kinds of BS. Sorry, but this is one agency I deal with for work and they are Nazis; sticking their nose in everywhere. Tool for environmental wachos.  Complete Failure

Enough; government can never, never compete with private industry or charities for efficiency. They have no motive to.

IP Logged
Retread

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #29 - 08/27/12 at 09:41:22

WebsterMark wrote on 08/27/12 at 07:42:06:
I could name you many things that the government has not screwed up, but your obtuse views cannot wrap itself around the total scope.. Here are a few that have worked for millions of people over many decades, SS, Medicare, the FAA, EPA, Health depts, DOT, and many other government services..

My obtuse views?... okay, lets see:

SS: bankrupt. Started out as supplement for those at the very bottom of the income scale and has morphed into a unsustainable Ponzi scheme. Governement took the funds from SS taxes and spent elsewhere dramatically expanding the size of government. Now when bills come due from SS, they borrow the money and put IOUs into SS fund. Failure
Medicare: expanding rapidly and again, fiscally unattainable. Fraud and abuse abound. Failure
FAA: I have no idea. If Reagan hadn’t broken up the union, who knows what would have happened. I’ll call it moderate success but not going to take the time to investigate. However, this is a pretty darn small operation.
EPA: oh good Lord what a screw up this is. Being used by bureaucrats to enforce all kinds of BS. Sorry, but this is one agency I deal with for work and they are Nazis; sticking their nose in everywhere. Tool for environmental wachos.  Complete Failure

Enough; government can never, never compete with private industry or charities for efficiency. They have no motive to.

If you won't look at facts, there is no talking to you.. Just friggin ignorant... SS has kept millions of people from starving to death, thats a success in any language! It is not bankrupt, the only way it could go bankrupt is for YOU and YOUR political ilk destroying it with your crap ideals..

Medicare takes care and has taken care of millions of seniors! Saving lives every day! Failure? Your are just being obtuse...

Yea, Unions ruin America? More stupid tripe.. Back when Unions had 28% of our workforce, one member of a family could support it! Now 12%, and???? Roll Eyes

I have dealt with the EPA at work also, I can tell you that they just enforce the rules, if you break the rules and try to destroy the enviroment then you get what you deserve.. I hate to see what the world discovers when big oil starts shutting down refinerys, and the major chemical facilitys, and we take a look at whats under the ground...

Obtuse views, YES, you have blinders on, and you are not looking past your nose... Roll Eyes

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/14/24 at 12:12:55

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › WOW, Romney admits it!!!!

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.