Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Quick question about idle speed. (Read 269 times)
MarcosS40

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

N. Central PA.
Re: Quick question about idle speed.
Reply #15 - 08/26/12 at 03:34:47

lacon wrote on 08/25/12 at 15:39:10:
For you guys what got no i phone, it should sound about the same as a Thompson sub-machine gun.  Just close your eyes & imagine you are shooting it out with the revenuers.  Tune to match.

You'll have to specify which model Thompson to use, as different models ranged in firing rate from 600-1500 rounds per minute...     Smiley

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #16 - 08/26/12 at 06:39:30

This idle speed is too slow for the Savage.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbN-jO11vKg

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Blue04Savage

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #17 - 08/26/12 at 13:17:10

Well I haven't had a chance to get a video posted of my bike running on youtube.  Any chance someone could link me a url to their bike running, IF they KNOW it's at the right idle speed?

Thanks.

IP Logged
Blue04Savage

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #18 - 09/02/12 at 08:20:18

I posted a link of the bike on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5CRT9-ipZXc

Sound like the idle is set alright?  Thoughts on valvetrain noise?  Unusually loud?  

Currently debating about tearing it apart (looks like a PITA) to check valve lash, but wanted to get some opinions first.

Thanks.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #19 - 09/02/12 at 10:02:34

Hominy miles on it since the last adjustment?

Sounds normal enough to me, idle sounds good to me,

Gettin into check valves is no big lot of work, but its not near as fun as riding,,Make sure youve gota a place to park the tank. Given my druthers, Id prefer to set it down on something that doesnt force a hard bend on the speedo. OUtta the way so it cant get knocked over kinda place. Those bushings at the rear of the tank are a hassle, I glued the lowers down with contact cement,
Of course, theres the TDC compression thing, gotta get that right. Antisieze is your friend. Im still using the stock bolts on the covers, be gentle with them, go slow, Feel the bolt snug up.
Its not a bad idea to make sure you can get the plug outta the side before you decide its time. If some Go Rilla put it in, its gonna be a hassle. Get a tool ready for the day you decide to go in, again, antisieze.

I buy a feeler gauge & remove the ones Im gonna use, bend them in a Z shape with a Ski Tip bend on the end,,
Never a bad idea to have a fishing magnet handy,
Having a 90* flatblade screwdriver to hold the adjuster while you set the jam is a good plan,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/04/24 at 02:32:06

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Quick question about idle speed.

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.