Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Midnightrider
Serious Thumper

Alliance Member

Winston Salem, NC
Re: Sad
Reply #16 - 08/23/12 at 20:49:46

"I don't have that jealous gene that seems to run through your veins. I don't blame others for my own screw ups and expect unlce sam to take money out of someone's wallet and give it to me." Web have you ever read and comprehended anything I've posted. I made millions for the company I worked for for 37 years. I've told you that. When I signed on they promised me $50,000 a year retirement. It wasnt Mitt Romney but a greedy low life Republican SOB just like him stole my retirement and cut it to $15,000 a year.  The retiement plan and the company had billions. The retirement plan was paying for itself off of interest. All I'm getting from the gov. is SS that I paid into over 40 years and I dont expect anything else! I dam sure aint jealous, I wouldnt trade places with that lying piece of sh!t Romney if I could.  All I want is what the theiving Republican bastards promised me. The only mistake I made was voting Republican over half my life.  

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"
  IP Logged
Paraquat
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #17 - 08/23/12 at 20:57:43

Pick and choose your battles.

In my younger days a seemingly homeless guy had asked me for money for food. I was smart enough not to give him money but offered to buy him a slice of pizza (as we were outside a pizzeria and he said he wanted the money for food). The short of it was that the second after I paid he wanted me to leave him alone, became very vocal, became physical in the middle of the pizzeria so I just walked out.
Yea yea, but for the grace of God.

I side with Web on this one. I'd be embarrassed and ashamed if I ever accepted a hand out.

--Steve

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #18 - 08/24/12 at 05:39:09

midnight:I made millions for the company I worked for for 37 years. It wasnt Mitt Romney but a greedy low life Republican SOB just like him stole my retirement and cut it to $15,000 a year. The retiement plan and the company had billions. The retirement plan was paying for itself off of interest.

Okay, I’m calling BS on this.

Explain to me how you ‘made millions’ for your company.
Explain to me what evidence you have that makes Mitt Romney a greedy low life SOB who steals money
Explain to me how your retirement plan was paying for itself off interest.
Explain to me specifically how your company had ‘billions’ but your promised payout was reduced.

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #19 - 08/24/12 at 09:24:22

WebsterMark wrote on 08/24/12 at 05:39:09:
midnight:I made millions for the company I worked for for 37 years. It wasnt Mitt Romney but a greedy low life Republican SOB just like him stole my retirement and cut it to $15,000 a year. The retiement plan and the company had billions. The retirement plan was paying for itself off of interest.

Explain to me what evidence you have that makes Mitt Romney a greedy low life SOB who steals money
Explain to me specifically how your company had ‘billions’ but your promised payout was reduced.

I am sorry I am not midnight but, I did make millions for the company I worked for - well I saved them millions. OK There is a fair assumption that anyone in that role I performed with a similar background would have done near about the same. I was in trading platform support for a big bank. However I got laid off (I was only 33 @ tha ttime) and right then I decided to work for today and if tomorow I need to repeat it, I gladly will. I have no problems with boredom, I have you guys and other sites to combat that. Companies dont know how to do anything other than pay their executives these days. I have drifted back to the major banks in the years following that stint, and I make sure I dont create anything of permanent value ... which they wont recognize and will throw it away anyway. Better to do the daily grind, daily ... you may have spare time today, you may know you need the grind tomorow, but you dont grind tomorow's grind today. you look @ savage website.
They also have a massive tangled bureaucracy, often I get tripped up by it. So do the others, but I dont get bothered by it anymore. If they are foolish enough to get a bandaid solution thrown together by contractors and off shore developers and it barely works and shuts me out of things I need to do for days/weeks ... I dont worry about it, I open tickets to have someone fix it and get on suzukisavage.com ... hopefully soon I'll have an actual savage I can ride ... so be good then.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
arteacher
Serious Thumper

Ride as if your
naked and invisable!

London ontario
Reply #20 - 08/24/12 at 10:22:56

I knew of a "bum" in Toronto in the early '70's that made $10-$15 an hour panhandling. He had a decent apartment and a car. Shocked

white '07, Raask exh, Corbin seat, slipstreamer shie, Raptor, Routy's fwd controls, Baron tach, Frisco bars, Isogrips, Headlight and taillight modulators, Dial-a- jet, AME 9 deg chop kit, K&N air flt
  IP Logged
Midnightrider
Serious Thumper

Alliance Member

Winston Salem, NC
Reply #21 - 08/24/12 at 11:46:02

WebsterMark wrote on 08/24/12 at 05:39:09:

I directly produced a product that broght in over $200, 000 weekly. That was pure profit, after all the salaries and stock dividends were paid. Once a year I recieved the annual state of the company portfolio. The status of the retirement plan was in it. Find out who Louis Gertsner is (he's probably another one of your hero's already) and you'll find out what he does to retirement plans. Mitt the Moron has bragged with a smile, joked about shutting down plants and sending jobs overseas. Plenty of news clips to prove that. I'll gladly show anyone any of my tax returns, whats his problem? Anyone with half a brain knows the answer to that already.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #22 - 08/24/12 at 13:13:05

I directly produced a product that broght in over $200, 000 weekly

Something doesn't smell right. What do you mean directly produced a product?  $200,000 in profit per week? that's 10,400,000 in profit per year.

IP Logged
Midnightrider
Serious Thumper

Alliance Member

Winston Salem, NC
Reply #23 - 08/24/12 at 13:27:04

Web I was an operator and mechanic on a cigaraette machine that produced 420 packs per minute. During my time there the best I can figure the average profit was around 40 cents per pack, profit varied over the years. That's around $200 per minute I was making for the company. I'm not a liar, we might disagree on politics and opinions but I will not lie about my life or my past.

IP Logged
Midnightrider
Serious Thumper

Alliance Member

Winston Salem, NC
Reply #24 - 08/24/12 at 13:28:44

WebsterMark wrote on 08/24/12 at 13:13:05:
I directly produced a product that broght in over $200, 000 weekly

Something doesn't smell right. What do you mean directly produced a product?  $200,000 in profit per week? that's 10,400,000 in profit per year.
You're figures are exactly right, the SOB's owe me a decent retirement.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #25 - 08/24/12 at 13:42:22

okay, never mind.

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #26 - 08/24/12 at 13:59:08

Midnight - you should get what you're told you would ... but, I wont call your work really inventive - important yes but if you walk out, would have have been able to replace you ? OK how about find a close enough candidate and train ? If no, as in years before someone caught up to your expertise - That would be where I would say I did so and so for my employer.

BTW I know of someone else @ AT&T in WS/G'boro who lost like 60-70g out of their 100K retirement when the market crashed. The guy now is a regular flea market and ebay seller and his wife works into his 60's.

I have worked for banks most of my life, and I will not ever save in a 401k, I know it will be raided by the company that administers it. I keep checkign, I keep savings (small amounts to just get by in both) and the rest is spent on things I like and I may sell later like old audio, or things I will use to learn and sell parts and expertise on later like audio, or bike parts or bike repair.

I will not trust a bank with a penny more than I have to, I trust banks and corporations even less than I trust the govt, and I would rather support the corner panhandling crack addict than the fat cat banker. If someone told me that me and my dependents and loved ones and every one I know and like are going to heaven (or hell) tomorow guarantees, I dont need $ or belongings I will actually distribute it all to the homeless, refi my house take that cash and leave it on my driveway for anyone to get ... max out my credit cards and distrubute the proceeds free to everyone I see ... and leave the banks with a huge red number.

Another thing - Charities - do not ever give cash to a charity. They pay their executives several millions ... then they do charity with the left overs, and the actual volunteers get nothing, not even parking $.
Give them food, preferably in cans but generally no $.
I have dropped off huge quantities of food @ the local soup kitchen, several 100 lb worth. Never cash to a charity. Charities are just about the most top heavy organisation you can think of. 85% of their intake is spent ...you guessed it, on themselves.

I'll take the govt over a charity anyday.
I'll take the govt over a corporation any day.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
Midnightrider
Serious Thumper

Alliance Member

Winston Salem, NC
Reply #27 - 08/24/12 at 18:54:50

The company spent over $150,000 training me to operate and repair a 3 million dollar machine. It will take years of experience for a newb to diagnose problems and produce the numbers I  put out. Sure I was replaced the next day after I left but production and quality suffered. The company I worked for is now losing major market share, having major quality problems and most of it is due to how they treat their employess. I still stay in contact with several employees and moral sucks. Everyone fears for their job and there's no future ahead  because the company is losing market share.. Cigarette sales are down fom 10 years ago but the sales have stabilised and will probably remain where they are at now for years to come. Now the other major tobacco company who is unionised, takes care of their employees, provides a decent retirement, pays great wages, etc is kicking our a$$ in sales and market share and profits are good. There could be a lesson learned from this but there wont be. The corporate raider management will grab all thats left, stuff their pockets and drive the final nail in the coffin of a once great company.

IP Logged
Retread

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #28 - 08/25/12 at 07:45:13

My family all knew the meaning of a hard days work, my Uncle was at Ludlow Colorado when the massacre took place. I can remember my father telling me "When you cross a picketline, you not only screw the guy on that line, but you screw yourself."..

As you see the working slobs are being separated by the 1%, we are being told "You to can become a millionaire, all you have to do is kiss my rearend." .. And many have bent over to begin the task...

I got lucky, I stuck to a good job, invested, and paid everything off, all the while many of my co-workers were buying new cars, taking expensive vacations, and purchasing expensive homes. It was not easy, and I worked an average of 120 hours every two weeks, along with on-call 24/7/365..

So when I vote for a President, do I vote for a guy with a silver spoon in his mouth, who has never worried about a dollar? Or do I vote for the guy who has come from my neck of the woods? Pretty simple decision, and it has nothing to do with class warfare...

Class warfare is a word that never even crosses my mind, if it did, I would say that "Yea, THEY won!" .. Amazing how many people will vote against their own best interests...

Used to look like a Greek God, now I look like a darned Greek!
  IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #29 - 08/27/12 at 17:26:29

Midnightrider wrote on 08/24/12 at 18:54:50:
The company spent over $150,000 training me to operate and repair a 3 million dollar machine. It will take years of experience for a newb to diagnose problems and produce the numbers I  put out. Sure I was replaced the next day after I left but production and quality suffered. The company I worked for is now losing major market share, having major quality problems and most of it is due to how they treat their employess. I still stay in contact with several employees and moral sucks. Everyone fears for their job and there's no future ahead  because the company is losing market share.. Cigarette sales are down fom 10 years ago but the sales have stabilised and will probably remain where they are at now for years to come. Now the other major tobacco company who is unionised, takes care of their employees, provides a decent retirement, pays great wages, etc is kicking our a$$ in sales and market share and profits are good. There could be a lesson learned from this but there wont be. The corporate raider management will grab all thats left, stuff their pockets and drive the final nail in the coffin of a once great company.

This is common with lots of companies. I am repeating lots of work done by my predecessor, who left the $40/hr temp position when something better showed up. They trained him a month, now I have prior experience in the software they use, so I got there in less than 2 weeks much to everyone's surprise, but boy are they gonna be 2 X as surprised when I walk when I get to near the end.

Anyway they will repeat it with another schmuck who would probably repeat the same.
Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
06/13/24 at 07:14:54

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Sad

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.