Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Poll Poll
Question: Which Healthcare do you want?...

HMO for profit, like now?...  
  1 (7.1%)
NHS, like England or Canada?...  
  9 (64.2%)
None at all,.. fend for yourself?...  
  4 (28.5%)

Total votes: 14
« Created by: Serowbot on: 08/22/12 at 14:03:59 »

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Healthcare poll... (Read 194 times)
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Healthcare poll...
08/22/12 at 14:03:59

I think this is the issue that will decide the election...

We all know the economy isn't good, but it's getting better...
... and the R&R ticket isn't going to help speed up anything...
... although it might well, slow it down or stop it... since it's just a reversion to GW's ideology...
Trickle trickle economics... Huh...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Greg
Serious Thumper

Molon Labe

Southeast PA, uSA
Re: Healthcare poll...
Reply #1 - 08/22/12 at 14:57:09

I don't know which to choose. I believe in the free market, so fend for yourself may be it. I also believe the insurance companies should be permitted to make a profit, so like now may be it.

2002 Savage.
WWW   IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #2 - 08/22/12 at 15:57:29

I want to see prices on a wall in doctors offices and hospitals ... medicare, insurance, no insurance beggar or billionaire, that is the price, just cos you're homeless McD's dont sell you a burger for any less do they ...
I cant see any system working that puts what is under the covers ... deeper under the covers ...

But ...
O-Romney-bama care better than status quo or nothing ...

Actually if we banned Insurance to doctor/hospital direct payments it will make a huge difference. In fact you pay for everything with cash. Then you submit the bills to your insurance. No BS like in network or one rate for 1 insurance and another for another insurance and a third for no insurance.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #3 - 08/22/12 at 18:23:38

srinath wrote on 08/22/12 at 15:57:29:
I want to see prices on a wall in doctors offices and hospitals ...

It's a good idea in principal,... but, have you ever seen an itemized list for a serious hospital stay?...
There are 500 charges for things that you don't know what they are or if they were needed or not,.. or even if they were used...
It's the back-side of your phone bill times a hundred...

If they went that way,.. I'd say they gotta' make a flat rate for standard beds, and one for ICU beds... everything included in one flat rate...
They itemize for Kleenex, rubber gloves, and Tylenol... it's ridiculous...
I'm surprised they don't charge per toilet flush... Huh...

IP Logged
Greg
Serious Thumper

Molon Labe

Southeast PA, uSA
Reply #4 - 08/22/12 at 18:31:26

Serowbot wrote on 08/22/12 at 18:23:38:
I'm surprised they don't charge per toilet flush... Huh...

This is a good thing for me!

2002 Savage.
WWW   IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #5 - 08/22/12 at 18:51:46

Serowbot wrote on 08/22/12 at 14:03:59:
I think this is the issue that will decide the election...

... and the R&R ticket isn't going to help speed up anything...
... although it might well, slow it down or stop it... since it's just a reversion to GW's ideology...
Trickle trickle economics... Huh...

I did not know that,,,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #6 - 08/22/12 at 19:02:55

The economy IS getting better ... we have gone from 10+% to 8+ % unemployment.
Better yet, we have booted out a  few million illegals. No doubt that contributed to that better number.
And on a personal note, since 2008 I have not spent more than a few weeks out of work @ a time, and better yet, I also hadn't had to move or work 1000 miles away.

With Bushies time in office, I had to buy a bubble inflated house, had to move across the country CA to NC, spent many months, like 10 months out of work in 05 and 5 months in 07 as well as move to houston to find work.
Housing bubble was an artifact of bushies poor fiscal policy, and going to war against 2 countries under false pretenses. Fixing that mess is gonna take more than 3.5 yrs.
Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
zippythezip
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Springhill,Nova Scotia, Canada
Reply #7 - 08/22/12 at 19:04:41

Now i cant vote being from Canada, yea our health care is covered by taxes so its not free.
Now my wife's just finished her chemo treatments, our 16 year old son has MS. I have just had CT and pulmonary testing. Do I want to really worry about the bills or not having treatments?
We are going through this with our dog, God love her, how much is this going to cost us. Put her down to save money, do the same with us eh?
We had no wait times, no problems.
Love it  Smiley

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #8 - 08/22/12 at 20:54:06

srinath wrote on 08/22/12 at 19:02:55:
The economy IS getting better ... we have gone from 10+% to 8+ % unemployment.
Better yet, we have booted out a  few million illegals. No doubt that contributed to that better number.
And on a personal note, since 2008 I have not spent more than a few weeks out of work @ a time, and better yet, I also hadn't had to move or work 1000 miles away.

With Bushies time in office, I had to buy a bubble inflated house, had to move across the country CA to NC, spent many months, like 10 months out of work in 05 and 5 months in 07 as well as move to houston to find work.
Housing bubble was an artifact of bushies poor fiscal policy, and going to war against 2 countries under false pretenses. Fixing that mess is gonna take more than 3.5 yrs.
Cool.
Srinath.

Whaaaat? Not that it matters,, it wasnt "Bush's" idea, & it wasnt "Clintons" idea,, Lots & LOTS of $$$$ got transferred to the bankers,, so, it wasnt a bad idea at all..

Was bill clinton's idea that everyone should own a house a good philosophy?

But I thyink it was Clintons administration when we got the big "Everyone in America should own a home".

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #9 - 08/22/12 at 23:09:03

You can vote here, Zippy... Wink...

IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #10 - 08/23/12 at 07:37:10

Actually if we banned Insurance to doctor/hospital direct payments it will make a huge difference. In fact you pay for everything with cash. Then you submit the bills to your insurance. No BS like in network or one rate for 1 insurance and another for another insurance and a third for no insurance.

I get the idea in principle but hospitals will usually want to verify ability to pay before they do anything else.  For a whole lot of stuff, most of us would need to show them insurance information.  Otherwise, some things would require taking out loans in order to pay cash and banks are going to want interest and fees on any loan, even if they agreed to use your insurance policy as collateral (which is questionable).  Unfortunately, some stuff requires direct payments for anyone other than the wealthy.

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #11 - 08/23/12 at 07:45:09

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 08/22/12 at 20:54:06:
Whaaaat? Not that it matters,, it wasnt "Bush's" idea, & it wasnt "Clintons" idea,, Lots & LOTS of $$$$ got transferred to the bankers,, so, it wasnt a bad idea at all..

Was bill clinton's idea that everyone should own a house a good philosophy?

But I thyink it was Clintons administration when we got the big "Everyone in America should own a home".

No Clintstone made the gains got from a home sale into a Long term capital gains if you owned and lived in the house for 3 years. That in itself was very very small, it was in effect a tax break to grandma who bought a house in 1955 for 9,000 dollars, and lived in it for 55 years and sold it for 300,000 to move to a home pay 15% in taxes, you want make any $ on a house you lived in for 3 years except the bubble years. In a lot of bubble cases 2005 was the year of the bubble, you bought a house on jan 1 2005 in the right area (you are both timing the market and placing it so its just near impossible to have designed that buy/sell sequence) and sold it dec 31 2005 you could have walked away with 3X the $. That was not capital gains, it is straight income.

Effectively 3yr window on cap gains helps home restorers only, other than a bubble and it helps long term home owners ... Clinton did that, but inflating the bubble was Bushies and greenspan to cover the fact that the recession began right after bush too office and the real estate was the 1 aspect that looked alive.

The Home ownership society was bush my friend ... conveniently forgetting the fact that having payments on it means you dont own it.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #12 - 08/23/12 at 08:05:32

Savage_Rob wrote on 08/23/12 at 07:37:10:

I get the idea in principle but hospitals will usually want to verify ability to pay before they do anything else.  For a whole lot of stuff, most of us would need to show them insurance information.  Otherwise, some things would require taking out loans in order to pay cash and banks are going to want interest and fees on any loan, even if they agreed to use your insurance policy as collateral (which is questionable).  Unfortunately, some stuff requires direct payments for anyone other than the wealthy.

Well you assume that prices will stay the same, like 6g total for a root canal for example ... I can fly to india and get the Root canal and get back for less than 1/3 that. 1500 of which is the plane ticket.

Prices on the wall and no back door insurance deals will do this ... almost in this order and very rapidly ... like in a few weeks.

The doctor will evaluvate how much insurance companies pay them for each procedure. They would add the deductible ... and doctors I know make more $ out of your $20 @ each visit than they collect from the insurance co.
Since there is no insurance processing, you dont need 20 admins in each office, so they will be cut down to 1-2. The doctors figure out they can do the exact same thing, and make more $ if they charged you 30 bucks. You would see that price go on the wall first. Then as the do some more procedures, it will result in more prices.
Hospitals are a bit more complicated, however it is going to be done very quickly there too, I'd guess 1 week for a small doctor's office, 2 weeks for a big doctor's office or a hospital. Since there will be no defaults, you wont be paying for other people's care. Since you charge people @ the door, you wont be supporting the vast illegal population. Somethings would get a bit iffy but we still get a system around it too, like you have an accident and other driver is @ fault ... what I;d anticipate is a charge card from that insurance company and you use it when you have a doc treatment due to injuries. Same with workers comp etc.

People who pay for things, set prices of stuff ... its a little longer term in case of things like gasoline and even medical, a doctor would set his price @ what he now has it @, and will spend the whole day there with not 1 patient. Soon enough he'd get the hint, oooo the other doctors are charging 30 bucks I am trying to get 100 like I used to try to get with insurance.
I am nearly certain my doctor makes ~40 for a visit, 20 from me and 20 from ins. The beauty of this system is, they could charge me 40, send 1/2 the admin staff home cos they're not fighting wiht insurance co all the time, and still come out ahead.
I could say screw insurance, I'd pay $40 and kill this insurance crap. Some one who is a bit more needing of ins, could just buy an insurance that will cover 80 or 90% and they would send their bills in for reimbursement.

The market will then truly set the price ... you and I will my friend. You walk into the store, tomatoes cost $30 a lb, potatoes cost $1 a lb, you dont walk out with a cart full of tomatoes do you ? Yes.

Or, you walk into a store where everything is $30 a lb ... you obviously are going to try every store in town ... heck I can even see an app developing around that. Find the cheapest medical procedure, like those dating apps.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #13 - 08/23/12 at 17:14:49

I'll stick with our current plan for now, thanks.

If I had a magic wand and could start to change healthcare, I'd tax employer provided healthcare a million dollars per person so all companies would get out of the insurance business asap. Then I'd take a few laws from obamacare like portability, lifetime renewal options etc... plus remove restrictions that prevent  insurance companies from competition across state lines and let the free market hash it out. It’s be rough in the beginning, but would quickly settle out. If insurance companies had to compete for our money, they would slowly evolve into what life insurance, auto insurance and home insurance are; Competitive business's that have to earn a customer's satisfaction. Right now, that is not the case. Why can't Geico sell lifetime health insurance? We’d still need government agencies to establish treatment standards like we have now, that’s wouldn’t go away.

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #14 - 08/23/12 at 18:37:58

Web gives the lone vote for the HMO's... I knew it was coming... Grin...

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/14/24 at 12:24:15

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Healthcare poll...

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.