Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
What text is considered spam? (Read 49 times)
Drifter

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

What text is considered spam?
08/22/12 at 06:48:03

I tried to add a new thread about the 2012 rep platform and was told im going to be banned as a spammer? So what words or ideas cause this?

IP Logged
Boule’tard
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Master of the
Obvious

Austin TX
Re: What text is considered spam?
Reply #1 - 08/22/12 at 07:36:20

I have gotten that message a couple of times.  Always when trying to post something with a link in it.  I guess some domains (or subdomains) are blacklisted.  If you were trying to paste an article w/links, try removing them.

That which can be destroyed by the truth should be. - P.C. Hodgell
  IP Logged
Drifter

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2 - 08/22/12 at 08:02:58

No link, just words tried 3 times, message said 1 chance left and i will be banned as a spammer.  What words are banned?

No other words that are not seen on here everyday. I could understand i time but i logged out and back again same thing happened so some word or combination cant make it past the tall table gods.  Huh

Im going to post this and then again with the words i used if it does not show up in the next 5 min...i got banned....bring me back.

IP Logged
Drifter

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #3 - 08/22/12 at 08:05:56

OK here are the words i used

Life begins at erection.

Oops

BTW

I did tell a story as an alalogy to the the subject, no profanity or anything that would be bad enough to be banned?
Maybe the tall table gods are Tbaggers?

I guess those were not it?????

If you get banned what happens and how do you make it back?

IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #4 - 08/22/12 at 08:21:54

Email Mysterious John, these are probably stock anti-spam functions of YaBB that he has turned on to keep all the huge mass of spammers at bay.  

We have had / do have problems with spammers you know.  

This is an election year and spam filters will be kicking out anything that sounds like intentional political spamming.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Boule’tard
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Master of the
Obvious

Austin TX
Reply #5 - 08/22/12 at 09:04:04

Drifter wrote on 08/22/12 at 08:02:58:
Im going to post this and then again with the words i used if it does not show up in the next 5 min...i got banned....bring me back.

Don't confuse moderators with administrators, or overestimate what mods can do.  We cannot manipulate user accounts in any way.  If the software auto-bans you, just make another account 'cause we can't bring you back.. no matter what category you posted the message in or by what mysterious mechanism your account got messed with in the first place.  Do not taunt the machine!  Grin

PS. The software probably goes into conniptions if you talk about erections because that word is strongly associated with boner-pills, which are the main products spammers are always hawking. Combine that word with "sale" or "buy" or some unknown combination, and you set off a trigger.

That which can be destroyed by the truth should be. - P.C. Hodgell
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
06/13/24 at 05:15:53

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › What text is considered spam?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.