Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Serious Toyota truck question (Read 102 times)
Boofer
Serious Thumper

Nearly too old.

N Ms
Serious Toyota truck question
08/20/12 at 21:44:32

Does any body know what the deal is in Arab war zones with Toyota trucks running around with big machines guns etc mounted on the back? Seems to be the troop truck of choice, too. I have no axe to grind with Toyota. Anybody else noticed or is it just me?

« Last Edit: 08/21/12 at 11:44:34 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

2001 Black, Spitfire windshield, Headlight upgrade, Sissy rack, Tool bag, Fork bag, Harley muffler, Memory foam seat, Crash bars. Hwy pegs, Raptor.
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Re: Serious Toyota/Iraq question.
Reply #1 - 08/21/12 at 00:14:30

Can't say... I doubt it's anything diabolical or conspiratory...
Toyota makes some pretty good trucks...  ( I got hit by one, and I barely made a dent. Grin)...
They do look pretty cool with a machine gun in the bed.... Grin...

PS... Now's your chance... open a Ford dealership in Syria...  
You'll make millions...
Grin Grin Grin...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
arteacher
Serious Thumper

Ride as if your
naked and invisable!

London ontario
Reply #2 - 08/21/12 at 07:10:02

Toyota has been a major player in the international truck market for 50 years. They did not try to compete with the big three in the full sized pickup arena in North America until recently. The Land Cruiser did make some inroads in the 4WD market. Their small pickups also did ok in our market. Their trucks have a worldwide reputation for durability and low cost of operation.
I have owned an '89 4-Runner, which my wife liked to jump over sand dunes on the beach with. I traded it in on an '88 Land Cruiser, which had the frame and suspension of a two ton truck. It was built for anything.: 40mm rear axles, a huge 2" thick rad, enough torque to pull stumps. It has been the only vehicle ever to drive over the Himalayas.
I never got stuck in it, and once drove over a standard height curb at 30 mph, and hardly felt it and did no damage.
I owned it for 15 years, did my own maintenance, and it went to a mechanic only once, to have the front end rebuilt after Crappy Tire screwed it up putting two different sized tires on it, which after two years wore out the front diff. I once rear ended a Crown Vic and bent the bumper. The Crown Vic had $4000 damage. I was rear ended by a small car (a Pinto, I think) and it bent the rear bumper. The small car was written off, with damage back to the windshield.
Toyota been good to me. Smiley

white '07, Raask exh, Corbin seat, slipstreamer shie, Raptor, Routy's fwd controls, Baron tach, Frisco bars, Isogrips, Headlight and taillight modulators, Dial-a- jet, AME 9 deg chop kit, K&N air flt
  IP Logged
Paraquat
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #3 - 08/21/12 at 09:45:42

I'd rock one. Horn broken, watch for... rockets.

--Steve

IP Logged
sjaskow - FSO

Frozen Tundra of MN
Reply #4 - 08/21/12 at 11:41:06

And don't forget the Top Gear UK tried to kill a Hilux and didn't succeed:  http://www.topgear.com/uk/videos/killing-a-toyota.  They are very tough trucks if you can avoid frame rot.

2012 Victory Vision - http://www.jaskowiak.cc/vision
2006 Suzuki S40 - http://www.jaskowiak.cc/S40
WWW   IP Logged
Pine
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Mississippi, USA
Re: Serious Toyota truck question
Reply #5 - 08/21/12 at 12:01:06

They do the same thing here... well sorta

big spot light and bigger rifle... them deer are fierce!!!

Grin

IP Logged
arteacher
Serious Thumper

Ride as if your
naked and invisable!

London ontario
Reply #6 - 08/22/12 at 06:51:11

sjaskow - FSO wrote on 08/21/12 at 11:41:06:
And don't forget the Top Gear UK tried to kill a Hilux and didn't succeed:  http://www.topgear.com/uk/videos/killing-a-toyota.  They are very tough trucks if you can avoid frame rot.

Truly amazing. Watch all three parts if you haven't already. Shocked

white '07, Raask exh, Corbin seat, slipstreamer shie, Raptor, Routy's fwd controls, Baron tach, Frisco bars, Isogrips, Headlight and taillight modulators, Dial-a- jet, AME 9 deg chop kit, K&N air flt
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/01/24 at 19:42:42

General CategoryThe Cafe › Serious Toyota truck question

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.