Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Vapor Trail Tech Tach wiring?? (Read 71 times)
clearush

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Deer Park,TX
Vapor Trail Tech Tach wiring??
08/20/12 at 20:52:57

Having the darndest time trying to hook up the tack wires for a stable tac reading. It bounces all over the palce at idle all the way up to 12000rpm and back.

Has anyone had success wiring up the tach and where and how did they mount the ground and main wires.

Thanks

IP Logged
youzguyz
Serious Thumper

San Antonio, Texas
Re: Vapor Trail Tech Tach wiring??
Reply #1 - 08/21/12 at 02:29:14

You need the tach lead that has the 600k resistor in it.  If you did not get that one, you can put a resistor in yourself (or a combination of resistors that come out to the same thing.  I think I used two 1meg in parallel then a 100k in series with those.  It was a long time ago.)
Then it hooks to the coil on the Black/Yellow line.  (pretty sure, but not positive unless I look at mine)

Ground is any good ground on the motorcycle frame.

2002 - Silver (Thumper)
2000 - Green (Mad Hamish)
Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut between the seat and the handlebars. Make sure yours isn't too tight or too loose.
  IP Logged
clearush

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Deer Park,TX
Re: Vapor Trail Tech Tach wiring??
Reply #2 - 08/21/12 at 13:20:17

youzguyz wrote on 08/21/12 at 02:29:14:
You need the tach lead that has the 600k resistor in it.  If you did not get that one, you can put a resistor in yourself (or a combination of resistors that come out to the same thing.  I think I used two 1meg in parallel then a 100k in series with those.  It was a long time ago.)
Then it hooks to the coil on the Black/Yellow line.  (pretty sure, but not positive unless I look at mine)

Ground is any good ground on the motorcycle frame.

ah ok, thanks

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/04/24 at 04:33:02

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Vapor Trail Tech Tach wiring??

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.