Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
2012 Suzuki Boulevard 650 Exhaust Powder Coated (Read 527 times)
87 savage

Gone riding!

Maine
Re: 2012 Suzuki Boulevard 650 Exhaust Powder Coate
Reply #15 - 08/21/12 at 17:17:34

Jacob wrote on 08/18/12 at 21:18:13:
2012 Suzuki Boulevard 650 S40 Exhaust Powder Coated Black

High temp powder coating

Cured at 1200 degrees

Harley Dyna Muffler and Harley clamp

I love it!

Jacob, that looks awesome. You'll have to post a pic in a thousand miles or so, so we can see how it holds up. I didn't think I would like a black exhaust but that looks sweet on yours!

His: 1987 LS650F stock except for 98 engine, Dyna muffler. Hers: 2008 S40 with factory bags, windshield and sissybar.
  IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #16 - 08/22/12 at 16:01:44

I was just thinking about whether it insulates much.  If this is ceramic based, it probably will.  If it's metallic, it probably won't.  Either way, it's a great looking job at a great price and it sounds like it should hold up well.  Definitely be sure to let folks know if it feels any cooler now on your leg and how well it holds up to scratches, pings and time.

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Reply #17 - 08/23/12 at 12:45:08

Can you get a ceramic exhaust coating that will:
-- Last a long time (20,000 miles over 5 years)
-- In dark glossy grean or gloss black
-- Costing less than $150 for the exhaust pipe and muffler

If you think there's good in everyone, you haven't met everyone.
  IP Logged
rfw2003
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Yantis, TX
Reply #18 - 08/23/12 at 12:56:00

I know Jet Hot offers custom colors, just don't know the pricing.

R.F.

1996 Savage, Corbin Seat, K&N filter, Slip Streamer Enterprise II windshield, LED bullet signals, Cat's eye LED tail light Ryca reverse cone long muffler
  IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #19 - 08/23/12 at 15:23:01

When I did mine several years ago (I think it's been 5 or 6 now), the pricing would not have allowed both items at that cost but that may be completely different now.  The durability of the ceramic coating on mine is there.  The guy demonstrated it by taking a couple of pipes he'f already done and banged 'em against each other pretty hard.  No chips or scratches.  Mine it doing great so far but I can't say it's been abused either.  The guy who did mine is no longer in business.  Heck, even then he was well into his retirement years and was doing this out of his garage.  There were a lot of colors available from most outfits who do this.

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Reply #20 - 08/24/12 at 09:45:33

I emailed Jet-Hot and told them I wanted their glossy forest green coating.  It'll go nicely with the color I am using for the RYCA bike -- corvette dark bowling green metallic.

They said it would be $360 plus shipping to strip the chrome and coat the exhaust pipe and muffler.

IP Logged
rfw2003
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Yantis, TX
Reply #21 - 08/24/12 at 09:51:59

Gyrobob wrote on 08/24/12 at 09:45:33:
I emailed Jet-Hot and told them I wanted their glossy forest green coating.  It'll go nicely with the color I am using for the RYCA bike -- corvette dark bowling green metallic.

They said it would be $360 plus shipping to strip the chrome and coat the exhaust pipe and muffler.

All in All that's not to bad, considering their warranty is lifetime.  You might be able to get off a little cheaper if you sandblast the chrome off yourself though.

1996 Savage, Corbin Seat, K&N filter, Slip Streamer Enterprise II windshield, LED bullet signals, Cat's eye LED tail light Ryca reverse cone long muffler
  IP Logged
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Reply #22 - 08/24/12 at 10:09:33

rfw2003 wrote on 08/24/12 at 09:51:59:
Gyrobob wrote on 08/24/12 at 09:45:33:

All in All that's not to bad, considering their warranty is lifetime.  You might be able to get off a little cheaper if you sandblast the chrome off yourself though.

Would I have to remove the chrome, or just sandblast it to a matte finish?

IP Logged
rfw2003
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Yantis, TX
Reply #23 - 08/24/12 at 10:11:37

Quote:
Would I have to remove the chrome, or just sandblast it to a matte finish?

That I can't be for sure, you would have to ask them.   When I sent in a set of headers along time ago for my pickup I sandblasted to bare metal.

R.F.

IP Logged
tizzyfit

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #24 - 08/28/12 at 00:00:08

Jacob wrote on 08/20/12 at 11:51:54:
They charged me $75.00 to do the whole exhaust, clamp and the right foot guard. My opinion I think it does hold in the heat more! It seems to be holding up perfect. Rode for another hour last night and it still looks better then ever..

And thank you to everyone who likes it.

WOW!  I had mine done in black last September and was charged $150.  After 2,000+ miles, it's absolutely flawless and I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #25 - 08/28/12 at 09:48:06

Powder coating the headers dont actually make it last forever like un rusty and cool ... I wont say it lasts more than 2 X as long IMHO as the High temp paint. However it wont blue like the chrome does.

If you paint it with a brush wih BBQ paint and its likely to come close to powdercoating for durability.
I prefer to sand blast it and hand paint it or spray with high temp ... some headers work better that way.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
Paraquat
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #26 - 08/28/12 at 20:20:40

My c50 came with Morton's Violaters. (I know it's spelled wrong but thats's how they spell it)
I'm going to assume the previous owner paid extra for the:
"Black Ceramic Powdercoating Option
We can put a black velvet coat of ceramic on the outside of the pipes instead of chrome. This hot new semi flat look will let the pipes run 400 degrees cooler for added horsepower. Allow an extra 10 days for delivery of pipes"

http://mortonscustom.com/violater.html
My bike is a 2008. So assuming they were put on day one it hasn't even been 4 years...

...and they look like that.
I'd like to see a Jet Hot or a real ceramic run through the paces.

--Steve

IP Logged
DaTrader
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #27 - 09/01/12 at 03:58:59

I like the look, hopefully the ceramic lasts longer then the pic above...

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/04/24 at 04:30:57

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › 2012 Suzuki Boulevard 650 Exhaust Powder Coated

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.