Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print
Rotella T6 Oil Abuse Result (Read 1087 times)
rfw2003
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Yantis, TX
Re: Rotella T6 Oil Abuse Result
Reply #45 - 08/23/12 at 17:10:25

That's what it sounded like to me as well Smiley

Maybe the light is starting to peak out just a little in Billand Tongue

R.F.

1996 Savage, Corbin Seat, K&N filter, Slip Streamer Enterprise II windshield, LED bullet signals, Cat's eye LED tail light Ryca reverse cone long muffler
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #46 - 08/23/12 at 17:18:17

Oldfeller--FSO wrote on 08/23/12 at 16:11:33:
bill67 wrote on 08/23/12 at 13:17:06:
tizzyfit wrote on 08/23/12 at 10:02:51:
Savage_Rob wrote on 08/20/12 at 13:04:22:
I had about the same results with Amsoil though my heat was not quite as intense.  It was 108 with a heat index of 112.  I'd already put about 300 miles on the oil and then added about 150 that day so it was nowhere needing to be changed based on mileage.  However, my oil temp gauge was in the red when I got home I thought I'd go ahead and dump it.  It was still in pretty good shape.  I have been using either 15W50 or 20W50 so far because I rarely ride in temps low enough to matter for the base viscosity.  However, I'm now wondering if the 5W40 Rotella T6 may not be better a better choice because of the weight too, specifically in light of the less-than-optimal circulation in the Savage's innards.

I've been using 5W40 Rotella T6 for the past 2 oil and filter changes on my 06 S40 and can honestly say, so far, no adverse effects over the past 1,800 miles.

If the motor didn't blow up that must be some good oil.

Now, I realize that Billish has a somewhat different syntax from English, but durned if that didn't sound like Bill was saying that Rotella T-6 must be some good oil .....

Anybody translate that any differently?

(With Billish, it is always good to get a second translation if it is anything important.)

I gonna guess that his praise is conditional... "If the motor didn't blow up" then "that must be some good oil"
And since he's already done more mileage than bill has on his bike, he must be impressed.  I'll have to read the mileage on my bike.  Don't know what oil was in it before I got it, but T6 in it since.  And that's over 5,000 miles I think on a mostly stock engine.

WWW   IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #47 - 08/23/12 at 18:01:58

Now Bill freely admits he has never changed the Klotz in his Savage and he says that in the over the 7 years it has been in the sump he's put 7,000 and some change miles on the bike.  And he's never adjusted the valves or done any other maintenance -- the oil takes care of it all.

So I guess "not blowing up the engine" really IS the Billish standard of excellence and any oil that doesn't go kablooie on you "must be good oil".

I wonder, does Bill think we are cheating on him when we swap out oil filters and put in new oil?   Does he think it is unethical of us to use feeler gages to adjust the valves and for us to use digital calipers to tune up the starter solenoid decomp actuation point?

In his world, you personally don't have to do these things -- that is your oil's job to take care of those sorts of things.

All you have to do is use good oil.    Roll Eyes

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #48 - 08/23/12 at 18:37:10

Oldfeller--FSO wrote on 08/23/12 at 18:01:58:
Now Bill freely admits he has never changed the Klotz in his Savage and he says that in the over the 7 years it has been in the sump he's put 7,000

I don't think his driveway is that long.   Grin

WWW   IP Logged
Charon
Serious Thumper

Harvard, NE
Reply #49 - 08/23/12 at 18:50:00

I wasn't completely sure whether Bill was (conditionally) admitting Rotella T6 to be good oil, or whether he was referring to the 15W-50 or 20W-50 oil used by SavageRob, who was considering changing to T6. I gotta admit it SEEMED like he might be condoning T6. But T6 still doesn't have a picture of a motorcycle on the jug.

Eschew obfuscation.

IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #50 - 08/23/12 at 20:43:23

So, the most accurate translation is "confused" yet again.

There is no consensus on Bill, except that he is confused on his communications thang yet again.

At least he is consistent in his confusion ....

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
ralfyguy
Serious Thumper

Reply #51 - 08/23/12 at 21:10:19

Oldfeller--FSO wrote on 08/23/12 at 20:43:23:
So, the most accurate translation is "confused" yet again.

There is no consensus on Bill, except that he is confused on his communications thang yet again.

At least he is consistent in his confusion ....

You can try to lead horse to the water, but you certainly could not make it drink...

IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #52 - 08/24/12 at 03:38:14

I think its funny when some one put in a certain oil and had no problems,Theres over a 100 difference oil you could put in and have no problem.Its like saying I put in Mobil gas in my car yesterday and so for no problems.I rode to Wal Mart yesterday no problems with the tires must be good tires.Now do you guys get it.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #53 - 08/24/12 at 17:12:33

What's your take on that one?

I get the gist being he's gotten oiled up 100 different times with no problem, that he's had gas inside his car while rolling (and that's a good thing?  Tongue  ) and his tires are good tires because they carry him to Walmart.

Huh

I think I'm going to take down my Billish Translator shingle and just go out and abuse my own oil some while I still can.

Huh

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Cavi Mike
Serious Thumper

Thumper n00b

Rochester, NY
Reply #54 - 08/24/12 at 18:21:23

Excuse me for not wanting to read through 4 pages of small-talk but has the analysis come back and if so, could you put it in the first post?

IP Logged
wernermeister
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spotsylvania Virgina
Reply #55 - 08/24/12 at 18:33:06

Oldfeller--FSO wrote on 08/18/12 at 18:58:57:
Then hindsight time -- if you did it again, the 120o hot day ride from hell, would you rush to drain the T-6 all out again?

Huh   Huh   Huh

Or would you just trust the robust brunette oil to do its thing, trust it to be able to take whatever a Savage deals out for a lot longer than we will ever leave it in the engine for our longest drain intervals?

(I can't even imagine a 10,000 mile drain interval on a bike, much less 50,000 or 80,000 miles like people do to T-6 all the time in the trucking industry)

Big difference with liquid cooled engines vs air-cooled!

I do not believe any statistic I did not falsify myself.
If all else fails, manipulate the data.
  IP Logged
ZAR
Serious Thumper

Rock this town! Rock
it inside out!

Kentucky, USA
Reply #56 - 08/24/12 at 18:34:42

Oldfeller--FSO wrote on 08/24/12 at 17:12:33:

What's your take on that one?

I get the gist being he's gotten oiled up 100 different times with no problem, that he's had gas inside his car while rolling (and that's a good thing?  Tongue  ) and his tires are good tires because they carry him to Walmart.

Huh

I think I'm going to take down my Billish Translator shingle and just go out and abuse my own oil some while I still can.

Huh

Bills comments make perfect sense to me. He must have some Kentuck in his heritage!

For all you neophyte translators out there...and the ones that don't read or speak Billease....

You can drive through a STOP sign every day for years without getting a ticket.....but that don't make it legal! So.........You might use brand X oil for 50,000 miles without blowing up your engine.....but does not make it the best oil for your engine.

Comprendre????

Yellow 1996 Jetted and Dunstall exhaust. Dakota Chubby Bags, Memphis Slim shield,Tank Bib from?? Seat riser mod. More to come!
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #57 - 08/24/12 at 18:38:36

Cavi doesn't want to have to sort the bull from the shite, so here is the Reader's Digest Condensed Version, just for him.

The oil didn't really have to be changed, there was nothing wrong with it.  
The abuse wasn't severe enough to hurt the oil (although it tapped out the people side of things pretty durn good)

==============

ZAR has won the translation-a-thon is now our official Billish Translator !!!   Hip-hip Horah !!

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
ZAR
Serious Thumper

Rock this town! Rock
it inside out!

Kentucky, USA
Reply #58 - 08/24/12 at 18:46:36

Oldfeller--FSO wrote on 08/24/12 at 18:38:36:

Cavi doesn't want to have to sort the bull from the shite, so here is the Reader's Digest Condensed Version, just for him.

The abuse wasn't severe enough to hurt the oil (although it tapped out the people side of things pretty durn good)

==============

ZAR has won the translation-a-thon is now our official Billish Translator !!!   Hip-hip Horah !!

Gee thanks OF! I guess with that and $1.50 I can get a cup of coffee at Micky D's Grin

Yellow 1996 Jetted and Dunstall exhaust. Dakota Chubby Bags, Memphis Slim shield,Tank Bib from?? Seat riser mod. More to come!
  IP Logged
ZAR
Serious Thumper

Rock this town! Rock
it inside out!

Kentucky, USA
Reply #59 - 08/24/12 at 18:51:32

ZAR wrote on 08/24/12 at 18:46:36:
Oldfeller--FSO wrote on 08/24/12 at 18:38:36:

==============

Gee thanks OF! I guess with that and $1.50 I can get a cup of coffee at Micky D's Grin

Oh......just for the record.......I only use RotellaT dino in my scooters(unless an emergency of course,cause any oil's better than no oil!)

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/04/24 at 04:30:14

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Rotella T6 Oil Abuse Result

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.