Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Strange Behavior (Read 273 times)
ralfyguy
Serious Thumper

Re: Strange Behavior
Reply #30 - 08/19/12 at 15:29:35

So far it still works. If it quits again I have another thing I can try. This thing shouldn't get affected that much by dirt as it's pretty much free in the open wind and gets dirty from dust rather quickly just from riding.
What I noticed is that round plate that moves when actuated, when it retracts and rests against the frame, it touches the frame more with the outer edge rather than with the whole surface. It seems that it is mounted a little crooked. You can see the imprint of the edge in the frame where it hits. Next time I try to bend the brackets upward a little to let hit the frame with the whole surface, thus preventing from jamming.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #31 - 08/19/12 at 16:39:06

Next time I try to bend the brackets upward a little to let hit the frame with the whole surface, thus preventing from jamming.

You may be onto something there. If the internals are exposed to open air, I wouldnt think it should be lubed,,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
markbacon
YaBB Newbies

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

New Zealand
Reply #32 - 08/19/12 at 17:29:50

Ummm ... I always assumed this was down to the cylinder having enough fuel vapour in it for the exhaust stoke spark to ignite and assist the intake stroke (we've got crank driven igntion rather than cam, so fires at top of both compression adn exhaust strokes).

... ?

IP Logged
ralfyguy
Serious Thumper

Reply #33 - 08/19/12 at 18:11:28

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 08/19/12 at 16:39:06:
Next time I try to bend the brackets upward a little to let hit the frame with the whole surface, thus preventing from jamming.

You may be onto something there. If the internals are exposed to open air, I wouldnt think it should be lubed,,

Well I didn't soak it in lube. I wiped everything off and just left a thin film on the shaft. I also noticed that when it didn't work, loosening the bolts made it work again. Tighten the bolts and it quit. So whatever did that, I couldn't see what made it jam when tighten the bolts. For some reason it works now. We'll see for how long. It actually is a pretty strong electric magnet and I don't know why all the sudden it gets so sensitive.
Like I said, in the four years I had the bike I has done it briefly on occasion, but always cured itself.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/04/24 at 08:31:25

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Strange Behavior

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.