Send Topic Print
Made in USA (Read 287 times)
Cavi Mike
Serious Thumper

Thumper n00b

Rochester, NY
Made in USA
08/18/12 at 06:02:09

I'm in the manufacturing field so I know exactly just how much of our product is being made in China. I've watched half of my field disappear and even witnessed the machines get loaded onto trucks to be shipped over there. Trust me, your F250 is half Chinese. I was also UAW at Delphi and saw our entire Harley Davidson section get shipped there. Yes, your new HD is also half Chinese and has been for quite some time - it's one of the main reasons why I quit. Yes, I walked out on a ridiculously over-paid union job. I refuse to be a part of this off-shore nation. So when I see the Made in USA badge, I get a little bit choked up. It lets me know we still do some good things. I know we are still out there on the global stage. I'm proud to be an American.

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Re: Made in USA
Reply #1 - 08/18/12 at 07:18:23

...but,.. don't Ford's and Harley's say "Made in USA"?... Huh...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
arteacher
Serious Thumper

Ride as if your
naked and invisable!

London ontario
Reply #2 - 08/18/12 at 14:19:05

Serowbot wrote on 08/18/12 at 07:18:23:
...but,.. don't Ford's and Harley's say "Made in USA"?... Huh...

He's talking about the components, not the assembly- yet!

white '07, Raask exh, Corbin seat, slipstreamer shie, Raptor, Routy's fwd controls, Baron tach, Frisco bars, Isogrips, Headlight and taillight modulators, Dial-a- jet, AME 9 deg chop kit, K&N air flt
  IP Logged
rustysavage
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Nova Scotia, Canada
Reply #3 - 08/18/12 at 18:18:29

Electronic boards made in China assembled in automotive modules in Mexico. Right of the bat 2 strikes.  Roll Eyes

IP Logged
ZAR
Serious Thumper

Rock this town! Rock
it inside out!

Kentucky, USA
Reply #4 - 08/18/12 at 19:16:00

rustysavage wrote on 08/18/12 at 18:18:29:
Electronic boards made in China assembled in automotive modules in Mexico. Right of the bat 2 strikes.  Roll Eyes

Does that not send up a red flag????? I can't help but believe when the Chinese are ready to take over the USA all they have to do is send a signal to all the circuit boards they have built for our products. Auto shut-down or self-destruct and we're dead in the water!

Yellow 1996 Jetted and Dunstall exhaust. Dakota Chubby Bags, Memphis Slim shield,Tank Bib from?? Seat riser mod. More to come!
  IP Logged
ToesNose
Serious Thumper

Pardon me, do you
have Hot Sauce?

Mooresville, NC
Reply #5 - 08/19/12 at 05:16:05

Forget that Zar all they really have to do is call all our loans due   Shocked

The Suzuki LS650, bringing Miles of Smiles everywhere!
  IP Logged
Charon
Serious Thumper

Harvard, NE
Reply #6 - 08/19/12 at 07:04:53

All this, from folks riding Japanese motorcycles? How many "Made in USA" parts on them? How many of the parts did Suzuki source from outside Japan?

For even more thrills, start reading up on the American-made Boeing 787 Dreamliner.

Eschew obfuscation.

IP Logged
ZAR
Serious Thumper

Rock this town! Rock
it inside out!

Kentucky, USA
Reply #7 - 08/19/12 at 07:15:09

ToesNose wrote on 08/19/12 at 05:16:05:
Forget that Zar all they really have to do is call all our loans due   Shocked

Touche!

Yellow 1996 Jetted and Dunstall exhaust. Dakota Chubby Bags, Memphis Slim shield,Tank Bib from?? Seat riser mod. More to come!
  IP Logged
ZAR
Serious Thumper

Rock this town! Rock
it inside out!

Kentucky, USA
Reply #8 - 08/19/12 at 07:19:45

Charon wrote on 08/19/12 at 07:04:53:
All this, from folks riding Japanese motorcycles? How many "Made in USA" parts on them? How many of the parts did Suzuki source from outside Japan?

And I knew what I was buying. No blatant "false"advertising when you buy a "rice-burner like there is with the Roll Eyes "UAW/American" made vehicles.

For even more thrills, start reading up on the American-made Boeing 787 Dreamliner.

Since I don't fly, the only thing about those things that scare me is that they are flying over my head Shocked!

IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #9 - 08/20/12 at 12:22:21

I don't know the specifics, so I may be wrong but from what I've been led to believe the constituent parts can be manufactured anywhere and, as long as final assembly occurs in the U.S., they can stamp it "Made in U.S.A."

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #10 - 08/20/12 at 14:43:30

The only good parts in a 787 are made by Kawasaki Heavy Industries, yep, the same ones who make Vulcans (best rice bikes ever). I've delivered a LOT of shipping containers to and from Boeing... I'd rather fly an Airbus, at least they aren't hiring tweakers for final asembly...

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
John_D FSO
Serious Thumper

Ridin' and smilin'

Vancouver, WA
Reply #11 - 08/22/12 at 15:44:52

Ironically, the electrical connectors we make where I work are going overseas (some of them) to be put into cars assembled in Asia and Europe. So it works both ways! Cheesy

'07 ElectraGlide.
  IP Logged
zippythezip
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Springhill,Nova Scotia, Canada
Reply #12 - 08/22/12 at 18:45:24

Trouble is folks dont look to see where its made, only the price. Now for me its Made in Canada first and then USA. Stuff is so hard to find now.
My last pair of work boots cost $120 and made in canada, now same boots are china nuts and cost $145 a couple of years later. Saving to who, o yea the man at the top.
kids clothes, remember passing them down to next kids or next door, hell the KMart warranty used to say wear out and they will be replaced. Christ you cant even use em for rags now they are such poor material.
Light bulbs, now have to buy the florescent crap from china, warranty and boast 5 years yet dont last as long as the crappy home bulit incandescent bulbs, and dont forget the mercury in them when you drop them.
Life time warranty on those crappy socket sets you buy...lol.
I want to know what future my kids have in our countries now that we have sold them out.
So grab a beer from your chinese fridge, sit back on your cheap nuts sofa from same crap place, in your chinese clothes, kick off your chinese shoes,

IP Logged
Boofer
Serious Thumper

Nearly too old.

N Ms
Reply #13 - 08/22/12 at 20:53:31

Here's how I see it. My wife works at WalMart. They have been fair to her and have good benefits. I know for a fact, and so do you, that Wal Mart gave us what we wanted--cheap. Cheap means China, Pakistan, Bangladesh, etc. I am looking for some more Kevlar jeans I can afford. I bought some two years ago from Iron Pony. I was disappointed to see they came from Pakistan. I found a magazine comparison yesterday about Kevlar jeans. The ones I can afford (<$100) are made in Pakistan. After, in my opinion, Pakistan helped Bin Laden, I won't buy them. All I can do is vote with my wallet, but it is so far along now buying American is almost impossible, even at a higher price and better quality. Now I ask you to do this. If you have any influence over what food you buy, please insist on American food. I live in Mississippi. We are not the largest food producing state in some areas, but we have farmers feeding thousands like other states. No farms, no food. We at least need to protect our food supply.  Smiley

2001 Black, Spitfire windshield, Headlight upgrade, Sissy rack, Tool bag, Fork bag, Harley muffler, Memory foam seat, Crash bars. Hwy pegs, Raptor.
  IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #14 - 08/24/12 at 03:46:13

Just read yesterday the most American car is a Toyota,More of its parts and assembly is make in USA than any other car.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/01/24 at 15:28:17

General CategoryThe Cafe › Made in USA

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.