Send Topic Print
guns (Read 1046 times)
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
guns
08/17/12 at 09:21:28

I've away felt safe without carrying a gun.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
Boule’tard
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Master of the
Obvious

Austin TX
Re: guns
Reply #1 - 08/17/12 at 09:27:20

Good for you.  And with a few more thousand posts you might also figure out that the RSD section is for Q&A regarding motorcycles and riding accessories.

That which can be destroyed by the truth should be. - P.C. Hodgell
  IP Logged
weracerc
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Greensboro, NC
Reply #2 - 08/17/12 at 10:03:04

i too have felt safe without carrying or even having a gun(s) - I sat beside the new CEO of Remington Arms on a flight from O'Hare to Greensboro in 2006/7 and he told me the statistics at that time showed that there was 3.9 guns owned per person in the United States - I told him some folks must have way more than their share because I had 0 guns.......that all changed right before the last election - from 0 to 9 in less than 6 moths all have a specific purpose - I am not a collector just a person trying to be prepared for whatever situation arrises that might require me to need to hunt, or protect myself/property/family.......I dont carry and dont have concealed carry permit - but that could change if thiongs continue to deteriorate around us to the point that carrying becomes the normal way of life. I hope it does not but I am prepared to do it I have to.

The wife acutally said we need to prepare for hard times - she is the one who told me I could not have a gun in the house when we had small children (15yrs ago) - now she has 3 of her own and knows how to use all of our devices. She is actually a much better shot with the handguns than i am.

"GOD Was Busy, He Sent The Marines"
</div
  IP Logged
Greg
Serious Thumper

Molon Labe

Southeast PA, uSA
Reply #3 - 08/17/12 at 10:15:03

Boule’tard wrote on 08/17/12 at 09:27:20:
Good for you.  And with a few more thousand posts you might also figure out that the RSD section is for Q&A regarding motorcycles and riding accessories.

My questions was a legitimate one for RSD. Sorry it got out of hand.

2002 Savage.
WWW   IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #4 - 08/17/12 at 10:19:57

Are guns, a riding accessory?...  That's the question... Undecided...

I get irritated when there's too much cr@p in my wallet, or I've gotten loaded up with too much pocket change...  I can't imagine carrying a couple of pounds of clunky metal around...

And,.. riding all around the land of Wyatt Earp, and Geronimo,.. along the main drug pipeline of America,.. I've never had the need...
I guess the "Wild West" moved...  ... only ranchers, and militia nuts carry around here... (easy to spot the difference)...

PS... Wild West cowboys carrying guns in the old days,.. is movie myth...  most towns didn't allow it.. and most cowboys stowed them on their horse, or left them at home, hung over the fireplace...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
mojohand40

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #5 - 08/17/12 at 10:36:45

bill67 wrote on 08/17/12 at 09:21:28:

You live in Wisconsin..of course you feel safe.

.JK

Seriously; so what? I have a permit to carry concealed and sometimes I do. Depends on where I'm going, etc. Most times I also feel safe without a gun....sometimes...not so much. Again, depends on where I am etc.
You say you "away" feel safe without a gun....well, good for you. Doesn't mean that every citizen feels the same way. Some live in circumstances or get in positions where a weapon may be a very necessary survival tool. But you always feel safe...well, congrats!!!

IP Logged
Boule’tard
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Master of the
Obvious

Austin TX
Reply #6 - 08/17/12 at 10:40:10

Greg wrote on 08/17/12 at 10:15:03:
My questions was a legitimate one for RSD. Sorry it got out of hand.

No prob, Greg.  You got a couple good tidbits of info to do with your holster in close proximity to the engine.  I figure peoples' comments to do with your question had run their course.

Now for the Cafe discussion  Cheesy
I don't bother to carry.   I like my pistol and all, but there are too many encumberances.. too bulky, the holster is an "outside" type (no open carry in TX) and I don't want to get stuck in violation of some law that says keep firearms 1000ft away from a school, out of any place alcohol is sold, out of reach while driving a car, away from where I work (policy) and probably 10 other laws I don't want to have to consider.   So it stays at home until I go for target practice.

That which can be destroyed by the truth should be. - P.C. Hodgell
  IP Logged
tizzyfit

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #7 - 08/17/12 at 13:46:23

bill67 wrote on 08/17/12 at 09:21:28:

Thank you Bill67!  I'm sure everyone in the state of Wisconsin is relieved  to know, you have been rendered totally and completely harmless.  If you run into a problem,just sprinkle some Sea Foam on the person holding the weapon, I'm sure that will fix everything. Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged
ToesNose
Serious Thumper

Pardon me, do you
have Hot Sauce?

Mooresville, NC
Reply #8 - 08/17/12 at 13:47:43

HAHAHA!!!  Some good laughs from reading posts today   Cheesy

The Suzuki LS650, bringing Miles of Smiles everywhere!
  IP Logged
greenmonster

Hellooooo Nurse!

Vancouver BC
Reply #9 - 08/17/12 at 13:50:23

Bowser and Blue used to have a song, (can't find it now) that talked about the difference between Canadians and Americans. The only line that I remember was:

"Americans have the right to bear arms. We have the right to bare breasts."

I know which I'd rather bare. Smiley

IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #10 - 08/17/12 at 13:52:50

Good for you Bill. Tell you what... I'll live trap the panther that has been running our deer herd and send him your way, freight due. He's small, only about 3/4 grown, if that. Should be around 120# full grown. Then I can quit carrying one every time I go outside. Would you like the thousands upon thousands of squirrels that are ruining my pecan orchards sent to you as well? I'd love to retire my antique  .22s...

I so love the city boys poking their noses into subjects where they don't belong... Grin

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #11 - 08/17/12 at 14:24:58

Lets OK, just don't take your guns to town son leave your guns at home.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
Boofer
Serious Thumper

Nearly too old.

N Ms
Reply #12 - 08/17/12 at 17:16:26

bill67 wrote on 08/17/12 at 14:24:58:
Lets OK, just don't take your guns to town son leave your guns at home.

Bill! Can I use that? I'd like to make it into a song. I can even hear it in my head now, and I don't know a lick of music.  Grin  

2001 Black, Spitfire windshield, Headlight upgrade, Sissy rack, Tool bag, Fork bag, Harley muffler, Memory foam seat, Crash bars. Hwy pegs, Raptor.
  IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #13 - 08/17/12 at 17:49:21

Bill, if you're going to quote Johnny Cash, get it right... some things shouldn't be paraphrased...

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
ZAR
Serious Thumper

Rock this town! Rock
it inside out!

Kentucky, USA
Reply #14 - 08/17/12 at 18:47:13

Rarely do I carry on the scoot. First off....with the way things are here in Kentucky it's almost a garrenteed ticket to jail for scooter tramps even with a permit to carry.

Secondly, how do you secure it when you're in a bar?

Third, if you're on a scoot you're already one of the bad-asses so people don't screw with you. Wink

Yellow 1996 Jetted and Dunstall exhaust. Dakota Chubby Bags, Memphis Slim shield,Tank Bib from?? Seat riser mod. More to come!
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 6
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/25/24 at 14:22:56

General CategoryThe Cafe › guns

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.