Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Re: guns
Reply #60 - 09/15/12 at 15:04:18

WD wrote on 09/15/12 at 12:17:35:
And if you can't avoid the gunfight, carry something that will end it quickly. On the farm I normally have 2-3 loaded guns close to hand. With it now being hunting season, and our place's tendency to draw poachers, the SA Ruger .45 with hot loads is going on the belt. Just the smoke and fury of touching off a blackpowder .45 generally does the trick, but she'll crack an engine block if need be. Back pocket has either a .44 Special S&W and/or a CZ24 .380 auto as back up. If 20 rounds won't do it...

Mine are always loaded with one in the chamber.
A 38 is just under my side of the bed &  I can pull/fire without my head leaving the pillow.
A samurai sword, 45-70 lever & 12 ga. are within 1 step.
When I move to Oklahoma next year I will carry for the coyotes & snakes & 2-legged varmints.
The 270 takes care of deer and longer range targets.

I intend to add a 45/410 revolver for the ranch & 7.62 & 5.56 just to cover the bases and be able to use mil. rounds.  Those could come in handy if the fabric of civilization continues to unravel.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #61 - 09/15/12 at 21:40:46

What part of Oklahoma you movin to?

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #62 - 09/16/12 at 03:24:28

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 09/15/12 at 21:40:46:
What part of Oklahoma you movin to?

Henryetta; on I-40 about 75 miles east of OKC and due south of Tulsa about 50 miles.  The Indian Nation Turnpike starts just south of Henryetta.
Will be on 70 acres that backs up to the North Canadian River.

Gettin back to my roots and help to care for Ma.   Smiley

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #63 - 09/16/12 at 03:44:51

I lived in Tecumseh in 72/73, Not far. Sure gets ( or got) dadgummed cold..

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #64 - 09/16/12 at 11:40:58

Lancer, drop in and say hi on your way through. We're only about 20-30 minutes from I-40. North of it, real easy to get to our place. Or I'll meet you at the Waffle House just north of the freeway at the Canada Road exit. You'll want to stretch your legs before tackling the 40 north leg through Memphis. Nightmare central.

Got the replacement flathead 6 from a guy just outside OKC.

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #65 - 09/17/12 at 05:08:13

WD wrote on 09/16/12 at 11:40:58:
Lancer, drop in and say hi on your way through. We're only about 20-30 minutes from I-40. North of it, real easy to get to our place. Or I'll meet you at the Waffle House just north of the freeway at the Canada Road exit. You'll want to stretch your legs before tackling the 40 north leg through Memphis. Nightmare central.

Got the replacement flathead 6 from a guy just outside OKC.

I normally try to make the first leg of the trip to get to Memphis and spend the night there.  Since we will be driving a moving truck and towing my pickup it will be a slower drive than normal and I will likely make it a 2 stop trip vs 1 stop.  Memphis may still be one of the stops though.  Regardless, whether we spend the night there or just make a food/rest stop I would like to meet up.  I was thinking yesterday about our meeting for rides since Memphis and Henryetta are not that far apart.   Meeting midway between would only take a couple of hours for each of us.
It will take a while for me to get settled in Oklahoma but even so I still NEED to ride.

IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #66 - 09/17/12 at 07:43:08

Guess I'll have to pull the Savage out of the barn and fix it after all. And Lisa's Intruder croaked too.

On 2 wheels since 7/87

IP Logged
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Reply #67 - 09/17/12 at 08:53:34

I was born in Ada.

If you think there's good in everyone, you haven't met everyone.
  IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #68 - 09/17/12 at 08:54:48

I have a 410 over and under,One barrel is slightly bigger that the other is that for slugs,the manual doesn't say anything about it.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #69 - 09/17/12 at 11:08:24

WD wrote on 09/17/12 at 07:43:08:
Guess I'll have to pull the Savage out of the barn and fix it after all. And Lisa's Intruder croaked too.

What do you need to do to it ?

IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #70 - 09/17/12 at 14:15:44

Savage needs a rewire. Intruder is so far beyond any hope of my diagnosing it that I don't know...ignition circuit, horn circuit, fuel pump, starter are all no juice with a new battery... gotta be a relay messed up somewhere. I can jump the starter solenoid terminals and spin it over but the other circuits stay dead.

I really miss kick only, points fired, gravity fed... oh, wait, those ones are dead too.  Grin

On 2 wheels since 7/87

IP Logged
Paraquat
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #71 - 09/17/12 at 15:53:48

If you want to part ways with the Intruder keep me in mind.

--Steve

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #72 - 09/17/12 at 23:11:40

My 4 wheeler keeps having a dead battery. One day,, sheza justa fina,, Nexta daya,, Sheza hammer deada,,
Disconnect battery, switch off, Ohm meter doesnt show infinity, but, with one cable on & a test lite between batt. terminal & other cable, No Light, amp meter shows .1 on the 200 m/amp scale, ( & Noooo,, idk whut that means) IDK if that .1 amps or .1 of 200/1000 of an amp.,

Daggum shame to not know how to read an ohm meter,, Ive got ( equivalent from the Air Force) an Associates Degree in Electronics,
I sent my certificates & stuff from Biloxi to Texas Tech & they said ( for a nominal fee) they would send me an associates certificate..
I cant even read the Ohms & KNOW Im reading it right,

If Im on the 2 K scale & it says .167, what does that mean?

IP Logged
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Reply #73 - 09/18/12 at 18:50:47

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 09/17/12 at 23:11:40:
My 4 wheeler keeps having a dead battery. One day,, sheza justa fina,, Nexta daya,, Sheza hammer deada,,
Disconnect battery, switch off, Ohm meter doesnt show infinity, but, with one cable on & a test lite between batt. terminal & other cable, No Light, amp meter shows .1 on the 200 m/amp scale, ( & Noooo,, idk whut that means) IDK if that .1 amps or .1 of 200/1000 of an amp.,

Daggum shame to not know how to read an ohm meter,, Ive got ( equivalent from the Air Force) an Associates Degree in Electronics,
I sent my certificates & stuff from Biloxi to Texas Tech & they said ( for a nominal fee) they would send me an associates certificate..
I cant even read the Ohms & KNOW Im reading it right,

If Im on the 2 K scale & it says .167, what does that mean?

On the 2k scale multiply every reading by 1000.  So your reading of .167 would mean 167 ohms.  You can verify this by going to the scale that has no multiplier.. On my multimeter, the no-multiplier scale just shows an ohm symbol with no number or letter in front of it.

So, if you have a reading of .167 on the 2k scale, that would be 167 ohms.   You might have a 2m scale and a 2k scale and a no k scale.  If you get .167 on the 2k scale, you should get 167 on the no k scale.

To do a reality check on this, go get a set of 8 ohm headsets with no volume control and measure the resistance.  You guessed it,.. if they are a plain old simple set of speakers in a headset, you should read 8 ohms on the no k scale.  Switch to the 2k scale and those headphones will read .008.

If you only have headsets with a volume control the low end reading might be 40 on the no k scale, and .040 on the 2k scale.

Best of luck!

If you think there's good in everyone, you haven't met everyone.
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #74 - 09/18/12 at 20:51:13

You guessed it,.. if they are a plain old simple set of speakers in a headset, you should read 8 ohms on the no k scale.  Switch to the 2k scale and those headphones will read .008.

Thanks,, what was scrambling my brain is the different numbers.. Now I understand a lot, thanks to 2 replies, thanks guys.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/26/24 at 16:18:46

General CategoryThe Cafe › guns

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.